WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

smile.gif Yeah for Sammy!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#16883 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

got my little computer back online, after much gnashing and moaning with Time Warner (Road Runner). They're awesome, by the way. It was the evil virus which attacked me and made them have to quarentine my modem. They locked me out of their system until I could prove I was not infected anymore.

When I told them I have a brand new hard drive with basically nothing on it, they let me back in. It was about like getting on a plane when your name is on the terrorist watch list -- or so I would imagine. Awful. They told me that the virus is so new, there is no commercial program with a fix for it. It's called "cube-space" or that's what it sounded like the TWC tech said.

Anyway, I am back, and currently headed out to find a new and better virus/firewall, etc. Lord. Why are peopl who do things like this virus so evil??? I don't get it. unsure.gif

KAREN: was it you who told me to try Mozilla as a browser? I love it!! The RoadRunner tech said it's the best in terms of security, by the way.

Edited by puckloo39, 08 January 2010 - 09:46 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#16884 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

I've used Mozilla for a couple years now, and it's better than IE by a long shot.

Welcome back, by the by!
Posted Image

#16885 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ January 8, 2010 - 09:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KAREN: was it you who told me to try Mozilla as a browser? I love it!! The RoadRunner tech said it's the best in terms of security, by the way.

Make sure you get the adblock plus too, it makes this site much nicer to visit. smile.gif

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#16886 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

thanks, girlies!! My poor little sick computer, put in the sin bin through no fault of its own.
sad.gif

We're fine now, although I am scrounging and trying to recreate bookmarks and find URLS, etc. This could take a while....

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#16887 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

I don't know if it was me that menitoned Firefox but I certainly stand by it. I have heard from those in the know that it is safer. I also find it easier to use.

I'm so glad you didn't lose all of your pics. I'd have helped out, of course, but I would have fallen short on your Dommie -compared to you, not to normal people tongue.gif

Stay abnormal, dear. There's a reason we love you!

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#16888 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 9, 2010 - 07:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if it was me that menitoned Firefox but I certainly stand by it. I have heard from those in the know that it is safer. I also find it easier to use.

I'm so glad you didn't lose all of your pics. I'd have helped out, of course, but I would have fallen short on your Dommie -compared to you, not to normal people tongue.gif

Stay abnormal, dear. There's a reason we love you!

You're right (as usual), dear Karen, about Firefox. Those in the know include the geek army at Time Warner. They rather insisted that I use Mozilla Firefox, rather than IE. They said if I do any online banking or ever buy online (infrequently), they wouldn't recommend anything else.

oh, honey! Nobody has as many pics of Dommie as me. Naranja finds good ones I don't have, though, she looks in European sites for cool stuff. I saved all the hockey boyz on a USB drive a couple of days before the attack, so it's all good! I actually learned a couple of things about network security and online attacks from the nice tech at TW, too. And not out so much money that it killed me, either.

How is your back doing? I sure hope and pray that was a good thing and that you're feeling better! ((hugs))

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#16889 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

The back's doin pretty well. I overdid it a wee bit at work, but not too bad. There's still some soreness from the needles and a bit of stiffness and swelling, but my normal pain that I've had for years is much less. I'm going to give it a week to recover, and then I'm going to start with some easy stretching exercises and go from there. Years of not being able to bend over have certainly done their number on my back muscles! They are going to need some stretching and strengthening, but not too much too fast.

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#16890 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 9, 2010 - 09:36AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The back's doin pretty well. I overdid it a wee bit at work, but not too bad. There's still some soreness from the needles and a bit of stiffness and swelling, but my normal pain that I've had for years is much less. I'm going to give it a week to recover, and then I'm going to start with some easy stretching exercises and go from there. Years of not being able to bend over have certainly done their number on my back muscles! They are going to need some stretching and strengthening, but not too much too fast.

oh, I hope this works for you, darlin'. My friend in Houston had it done a couple of years ago and went from not being able to get into and out the car, to being able to do her own housework and some yard stuff in a month or so. Still OK after four years or so.

You could come to my gym with me. Jason will fix you with exercises. I will ask him what he thinks today when I see him. I wouldn't let him make you jump on benches and smash your bilbo, likr me, I promise. He feels so bad. It will be OK, but from now on I keep both feet or at least one on the ground. I am a sturdy water buffalo, not a graceful gazelle. dry.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#16891 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Loo, you can't be as bad as me. You never broke two bones walking a dog.
Posted Image

#16892 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

Happy Birthday to the sexiest thing to come out of Stockholm!

Strike a pose, babe, you're a champ!

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#16893 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

Happy birthday to our darling Nik Jr. I will post pics when I get home.

It's Celebrate All things Kronner Day!!!! banana.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#16894 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Happy happy Nikki! We miss you!
Posted Image

#16895 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Aw, I wish they had got a win for him on his birthday. Well, I hope it was good in other respects...It was Hossa's birthday too.

Edited by wingnut40, 14 January 2010 - 05:48 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#16896 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (wingnut40 @ January 13, 2010 - 07:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw, I wish they had got a win for him on his birthday. Well, I hope it was good in other respects. ph34r.gif It was Hossa's birthday too. ph34r.gif

I think you have ph34r.gif mixed up with another symbol. ph34r.gif is for sarcasm.

Happy birthday to Hossa as well. I wish him well personally, just not against us.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#16897 Holmstrom96Screens

Holmstrom96Screens

# 96

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

Hi! smile.gif

never posted in a long time here mostly cause this site is hell if you had dialup, but now i have got high speed, I hope you remember me. smile.gif

How are you all?

#16898 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 14, 2010 - 08:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you have ph34r.gif mixed up with another symbol. ph34r.gif is for sarcasm.

I thought so. But then I thought it could have been used for when you had something to say, but just wanted to ninja it in there. I always used dry.gif or rolleyes.gif for sarcasm. Oh well, I'll fit it. Thanks for letting me know. smile.gif
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#16899 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (wingnut40 @ January 14, 2010 - 04:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought so. But then I thought it could have been used for when you had something to say, but just wanted to ninja it in there. I always used dry.gif or rolleyes.gif for sarcasm. Oh well, I'll fit it. Thanks for letting me know. smile.gif

Yeah, those other two work for sarcasm as well. I don't know if the ninja is an LGW thing or not since I'm not on any other forums to know. I just know it's used that way here.

In other news:
I spy with my little eye...a long-lost Canadian chick who I was just wondering the other week what had happened to.

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got rid of my dial-up last May. Isn't high speed wonderful?

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#16900 Holmstrom96Screens

Holmstrom96Screens

# 96

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 14, 2010 - 07:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In other news:
I spy with my little eye...a long-lost Canadian chick who I was just wondering the other week what had happened to.

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got rid of my dial-up last May. Isn't high speed wonderful?

Haha....yeah. high speed is great!!

and thanks for the welcome back!!!! my friend smile.gif

im glad you hadnt forgotten me! I never forgot any of you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users