• Please log in to reply
20641 replies to this topic

#17461 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

You are reading my mind...I'd take Pasha's gameworn jersey any day of the week and three times on Sunday!

Happy birthday, Pasha. If I could give you one gift, it would be the ability to see yourself through the eyes of those of us who love you. You would see what a sweet, wonderful person you really are. You are a treasure. :wub:

This would be true about most people I know. We don't give ourselves enough credit in life. Happy birthday to Pasha, and hugs to all of you! xooxox

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#17462 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

And hugs back to you!

I think that applies to Dommie too...he deserves to know that he's appreciated and loved, though a lot of people never thought so. I wonder if Buffalo would ever consider retiring his number???
Posted Image

#17463 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

They certainly should honor his number there. Even those who are most bitter about Dom choosing Detroit in 2001 have to admit that Hasek WAS the Sabres franchise for a decade. He did what he had to in leaving, since the Sabres were not willing/able to get him a scoring forward and a decent D man. He begged for help and it was not forthcoming, so he left.

Sort of LeBron James-like, he made a business decision. It was never because he hated the Sabres, although I am sure they frustrated him many times over the 10 years he played for them. PS - LeBron better win! Dom did what he said he would do when he left his career club for Motown: join Detroit and win a Cup. Done!

It think it's indicative that the Sabres never missed the playoffs during Dom's tenure with the club. He even got them to what should have been a Cup win in 1999, barring Bettman's intervention and the debacle that is (still) No Goal.

They missed the playoff three years in a row after Dom left. Same team -- different goalie. Plain enough. Poor Biron, no one could have filled those skates in Buffalo.

So, yes. I expect #39 to hang in the rafters of the arena that Dom built for Buffalo, while carrying the Sabres on his scrawny little shoulders. He was Buffalo hockey in the 90's. If they don't acknowledge that, then the franchise deserves whatever kharmic price the hockey gods exact.

Everyone should know not to cross the Czech evil-eye from the Dominator! :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#17464 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hasek still rocks

Posted Image

see link for cool shots of his new gear, and a short video. No pucks behind the old man, nothing's changed.

He looks good. His smile makes me happy!! Long may he reign, my goalie!!

Edited by puckloo39, 22 July 2010 - 04:02 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#17465 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

That picture is worth a thousand words. All of them good ones.

As the old song goes, "long may you run".
Posted Image

#17466 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

He is just amazing. And I have NO idea what he was saying in that video, but I LOVE that language. French ain't got nuthin' on that! :D

#17467 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

Posted Image

Ok girls, you have to go check out the Z & Emma marriage thread for the rest of the crazy pics. I'm at work so couldn't put them all in here, but I had to post this one....

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#17468 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

Holy Schnikees! :yowza:

Was Pasha there dressed like that? Enquiring minds so wanna know!

Edited by Kira, 23 July 2010 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#17469 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

If he was there then yes he was, I saw Fil in it. I'd have to go check that group pic, but I don't think everyone was in that, I didn't see Kronner anywhere.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#17470 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

I saw the group picture and yes, he was there. He looks so cute! :wub:

Love the pic of them in the flower-decked boat. How sweet.
Posted Image

#17471 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Yipes! Stripes!! :lol: They look like they all had a blast. I am glad Hank and Emma have such a sense of humor, along with all their guests. Wish I had been invited!! :cool:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#17472 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

If he was there then yes he was, I saw Fil in it. I'd have to go check that group pic, but I don't think everyone was in that, I didn't see Kronner anywhere.

He's near the middle to the right of Lids.

What a wonderful time! Lovely dress, friends, fun... I'm sure the food was great too. It's like a fairy tale wedding.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#17473 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

nice pics of Dom

there are some great (huge) pics of Dom in this article, but I can't figure out how to save them. Dang. Anyway, click on the pics and they're gorgeous, if you're a Dom-lover like me. :)

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#17474 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

Nice...don't understand a word of it, but the pics transcend language barriers. :)
Posted Image

#17475 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

Nice...don't understand a word of it, but the pics transcend language barriers. :)

Doesn't he look GOOD?! He's going to have a blast, I bet. They have very nice facilities in Moscow -- and I love his new gear/helmet, too. Classy.

I keep thinking it will be his last season, but with Dom, who knows when that will be? Hope he plays until he needs a walker to get out to the crease. :P

I think Cheli ought to go spend a year in Russia w/ Dom. Kristi and I can plan how we are going to somehow get over ourselves over there, huh, Kristi?? :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#17476 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

I'm in!!!!!!! :D
I've always wanted to travel abroad. I think that would be a perfect reason to!

#17477 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

Count me in. I've always wanted to see Russia. I want to see where my Pasha comes from.
Posted Image

#17478 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

<sigh> All that foreign relations work over the last few decades since the Cold War gone to waste...

Hossa got married.

Congrats to him too!

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#17479 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

They look so happy... she looks gorgeous!! Czechs and Swedes = pretty people. The little flower lasses (not Kopy) are darling.

The other guy with Kopy looks like a hockey player - his nose has met a puck or two! :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#17480 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

They look so happy... she looks gorgeous!! Czechs and Swedes = pretty people. The little flower lasses (not Kopy) are darling.

The other guy with Kopy looks like a hockey player - his nose has met a puck or two! :P

You're so right, those Euro's are really attractive people. Hossa is the most attractive man I've ever seen in my life and his wife is very gorgeous too. I think she's prettier than Hank's. Is she a model/famous or something too or just a regular girl? How lucky is she though? Not only do you marry Marian Hossa, but it's in a castle! I love her dress too, although it seems that the ruffles start at a weird spot. But maybe that's just me. As for the bald guy with Kopy, I was thinking that was Pavel Demitra but IDK. :huh:

Anyway, SOOOO happy for our boys(well, boy and former boy). I hope they have happy, long, loving successful, blessed marriages. And they each better have like 9 kids to populate the world with good looking, talented hockey players. ^_^ Oh, and did they get married the same day?

Edited by wingnut40, 25 July 2010 - 08:02 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users