Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ChelisChick, 15 May 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#18562 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And finally.....The Captain.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18563 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

How it makes the heart ache...and then for Pasha to lose his friend Derek Boogaard the very next day. How incredibly sad for him. I wish I could hug Pasha and tell him everything will be alright.

Jeanie, I hope you will pop in during the summer. We do post here even in the off season. We sometimes find things to post here, pictures and the like. Don't be a stranger!
Posted Image

#18564 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

Holy crap, those pictures are sad. Except... it is promising to see that Cleary and Bertuzzi were out on their skates at least for the picture. I haven't seen any solid updates on their concussion recoveries, so seeing them with the rest of the group did my heart some good.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#18565 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

I cry when they cry... but they will be OK.

We all will be, even if we lose a few beloved faces over the summer. Even the new guys will be ours in no time. Have a safe and healthy summer, my Wings, and come back even stronger in the Fall.

Summer sucks. <_<

I miss them already. :(

Thanks for all the great pics, girlies...

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18566 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

Oh Loo, you know how dearly I miss my someone already... :(
Posted Image

#18567 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

This one makes me so sad :( I think it's the last time we're going to see his name on a locker. I guess as long as he's still part of the organization it will make it a little easier.

Thanks for sharing those pictures Kristi, I was going to look for them but figured I'd check here first. Love that last pic of Lidstrom too.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18568 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

I hate summer so much...especially when it's a long summer. :(

Thanks for the pics though, miss them already.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#18569 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

Anytime gals and guys. It was so hard going through them. That last one of Lids just did me in. Broke my heart. :(

A guy that posts on here, and is on Facebook, said he got an update on Todd from the man himself. Said he was still struggling and that it was pretty tough right now. Said he looked sort of "out of it."

#18570 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

It's gonna take a few days before he's back up to snuff, I'm sure. And I know that Huddie feels awful about running into Dan like that.

If you had gotten one of Pasha as beautiful as the one of Nick, I would have cried, I'm sure.
Posted Image

#18571 hotwings24

hotwings24

Super Wings chick!

• 48 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Posted Image

This one makes me so sad :( I think it's the last time we're going to see his name on a locker. I guess as long as he's still part of the organization it will make it a little easier.

Thanks for sharing those pictures Kristi, I was going to look for them but figured I'd check here first. Love that last pic of Lidstrom too.

Osgood is gone?

#18572 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

Osgood is gone?

Not looking positive. It is possible. No announcements have been made, and I don't think they've had their exit meetings yet, but...
<sigh> I love that man.

#18573 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

Listen ladies, don't stress out just yet!! Yes, I know I've been out of it for about a week, you will have to forgive me. I've been in a post-playoff depression, OK?! And I know I'm a newbie, but listen up!! King of the Hot Wings, Chris Osgood himself, IS NOT LEAVING!! He says so in this article himself: http://www.mlive.com...od_wants_t.html. And I don't really think Lidstrom is either (granted, I claim not to be a Lidstrom expert)! The only one I think might be gone is Modano. If you watch this youtube link () they make it sound all dramatic but I think they have to. Ozzie says like oh yeah, I've got 3 kids now and I've got a decision to make but that's crap! He wants to win another Stanley Cup before he retires and he certainly doesn't want to go out like his season ended! We were so close this year to making the finals. Nick says there's nothing different about this year than there was last year about his decision, and last year he stayed, right?! RIGHT. ;) Granted, these pictures just took me thru the last week all over again, and although I LOVED looking at them, I may now have additional post-traumatic stress to work on, (but that is a whole 'nother forum).:rolleyes: Don't worry ladies... Our Hot Wings will be back next season :wub:
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#18574 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

I do agree on Nick coming back - he's playing too good to stop now. I don't think Kris and Ozzie want to go either. Mo, on the other hand, is definitely gone. The writing's on the wall on that one.
Posted Image

#18575 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

If Nick leaves I will cry. For a very, very long time.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#18576 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

Osgood decision

Reading this made me tear up. I know his tenure with the Wings is coming to an end but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :( I have a feeling he's going to step aside for the good of the team, unless he knows that he can be a good contributor as the back up. Either way I'll always be proud of him.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18577 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

If he does go out, he has every reason to hold his head high. There is a lot to be said for 400 wins in your career. Only 10 goalies in history have done it. He's got three Cups and a Jennings trophy. I know a lot of goalies who don't even have one of those things.

Want to bet if he does step aside, he'll be someone's goalie coach within a year or so?
Posted Image

#18578 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

He's only allowed to be the Wings goal coach. It sounds to me that he wants to spend more time with his family, his girls are about the same age as mine and now that he's got a son, he can teach him to be a goalie. I know that whatever he does he'll be happy and I am so proud of his career and accomplishments. He knows he's had a good career and I think if the Wings decide they can't/shouldn't sign him to a 1 year contract that he'll retire, he won't uproot his family.

All of those things make me smile, I guess I'll just always miss him and I can join Loo in fondly remembering how good my goalie was. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#18579 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

Everything you said, Dawn... aw, Ozzie. :wub:

Forever the "sexy tandem" to me:

Posted Image

Posted Image

sort of.... :P

Posted Image

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18580 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

:lol: As much as I love Ozzie, I find that I don't like the shirtless pics of him because he's so pasty white. And Dom, he's just too damn scrawny! :P

I do love seeing picture of them together, they made a great team. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users