• Please log in to reply
20648 replies to this topic

#18601 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

I will really miss Drapes if he hangs 'em up this summer. Steady man, good soul, great team mate -- he will certainly be missed in the room and by us fans.

I will never forget how he opened his arms and took Mac under his wing (no pun intended)when Mac asked him for a chance at getting his life back. Drapes is the one who took a risk and helped him get back to hockey and sobriety. Of course, Mac had to do all the work, but without Drapes holding the door open, I am not sure he would have made it. I suspect Kris is partially responsible for saving Darren McCarty's life, by being a true and honest friend.

Cutest kids, ever, too. :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#18602 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

We really have been blessed to have such wonderful guys on and off the ice over the years. I hope the next batch can keep up with our expectations.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18603 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Thank you Brian. For everything. :wub:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18604 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

That was a great speech by Raffy. I love that he gave credit to the Lord and I liked that he put a Bible verse in there too. He's such a sweet and normal guy and I'm gonna miss him not being there on the blue line. God bless ya Raffy, thanks for representing the Wings and Team USA so well!

Oh and thanks for hunting down those pics Kristi. ^_^
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#18605 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

Posted Image

Hey, I know that guy in the blue! :P his kids go to the same school as mine. I saw him picking them up last week and was so tempted to say sorry you're still not working.

Posted Image
Posted Image
And these two....I wonder what was going through their minds. I have a feeling we'll be seeing an announcement from them as well. :(

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18606 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

You know, as much as I hate to see this happen, I understand it totally.

Good luck and good journeys, Brian. You'll be missed.
Posted Image

#18607 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

I found some rather nice pictures of Cheli's off-season workout from a few years back:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#18608 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

Damn!! How old is he? It doesn't matter, I could look at him all day.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#18609 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Ask Kristi about the video of his workout routine we found a couple years ago and sent to her...she almost fainted when she saw it. :lol: I honestly thought we'd have to call 911 on her!
Posted Image

#18610 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

I have all those pics (yeah, I know, big surprise! :D) and I'm amazed every time I see them. I wonder if now that he's not playing, if he's still working out that hard? I think we need more pictures!

#18611 naranja

naranja

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

Why can't there be workout pics of Zata? Preferably shirtless :lol:

Here's something for our Kira. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation." Ritch Winter (Dom's agent)

#18612 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

Ooooh, the workout video!!! *thud*

Ahem! Anyways....I haven't seen a couple of those Pasha pics! Great find!

#18613 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

What I Did on My Summer Vacation
by the Detroit Red Wings

Posted Image
Jimmy Howard: Was really disappointed to learn the audition for a Miracle remake was a joke, but didn't get a haircut anyway.
Todd Bertuzzi: Pitched no-hitter for the Tigers

Posted Image
Henrik Zetterberg: Created "Sweaterberg" line of cardigans

Posted Image
Pavel Datsyuk: Took two suitcases' worth of stolen pucks home to Russia for his collection...and those were just from the playoffs.

Posted Image
Kris Draper: Pondered life's eternal mysteries, like why hockey players all have to go to the restroom as a group.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#18614 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

Ask Kristi about the video of his workout routine we found a couple years ago and sent to her...she almost fainted when she saw it. :lol: I honestly thought we'd have to call 911 on her!

I can imagine! Posted Image

I wonder if now that he's not playing, if he's still working out that hard?

I bet he is. He's a warrior! He's not going to stop until he absolutely has to.

Posted Image

I love this picture. He looks so thoughtful, but with that twinkle in his eye that means he's probably about to say something hilarious!

What I Did on My Summer Vacation
by the Detroit Red Wings

Posted Image
Jimmy Howard: Was really disappointed to learn the audition for a Miracle remake was a joke, but didn't get a haircut anyway.
Todd Bertuzzi: Pitched no-hitter for the Tigers

They look to me like they're listening to a presentation by a cult leader, or a pyramid scheme. Jimmy's like "Whoa... this explains everything which has ever happened!" and Todd is like "Meh, this is a load of crap."

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#18615 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

Why can't there be workout pics of Zata? Preferably shirtless :lol:

Here's something for our Kira. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh you darling girl, I love you!!! :wub: Some of those I'd never seen before. The third one breaks my heart - he's so serious and so adorable. What a beautiful way to start my day - how do I ever return the favor???

I have tears in my eyes looking at these. I miss him so much...September is so far away.

Edited by Kira, 29 May 2011 - 10:27 AM.

Posted Image

#18616 naranja

naranja

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Oh you darling girl, I love you!!! :wub: Some of those I'd never seen before. The third one breaks my heart - he's so serious and so adorable. What a beautiful way to start my day - how do I ever return the favor???

I have tears in my eyes looking at these. I miss him so much...September is so far away.

You're welcome Pat.

You can alwaya post some hot pics of Zata for me. :) I know what you mean Pat. It feels like an eternity until September. But we still have pics of our boys so we can pass the time.
"Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation." Ritch Winter (Dom's agent)

#18617 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

If I can find some "hot" pics of Henrik, be assured you'll see them here. I may not be able to find any til September when I see him in Traverse, but you never know.

God, I miss my sweetie... :(
Posted Image

#18618 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

PAGE 439! Yea for page 439 and Ozzie pictures :wub: I was getting a little worried I'd never find them and I'm having Ozzie withdrawls (plus, my birthday isn't until December 29, and that's way too long to wait for you ladies to open up your Ozzie files LOL). That, and I was SO sure he was coming back and now I'm so nervous about it. If I never do get to meet him, well, let's just say, I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes right now. This year is the first year I have the courage to actually go find someplace he will be and say hello - even if I do pass out before I actually say a single word!! It's just been a dream for, gosh, going on 17 years, I can't even imagine I guess. I know, I know, can you say, introvert?!

And by the way Pat, I read the story about your Pasha, and WOW. I had no idea! What a heart-tugging story! I am so happy he found a wonderful wife to spend his life with and has a nice family. Now all he has to do is move in next to you and your wonderful family and you would both be set for life!!! ;)

Oh, and for WizardOfOz30, hotwings24, puckloo39, and any other goalie fans: http://video.redwing...om/videocenter/ (If I didn't do it right, just search "Game Day Out-takes") Enjoy! :cool:

Your friend,
:newbie:

Edited by OzzieFan30, 30 May 2011 - 08:59 PM.

Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#18619 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

I forgot your name already OzzieFan, but thanks for sharing that video. I love Ozzie even more every time I see things like that and I completely agree about the quirkiness that goalies have, I don't know what it is but I like it. Howard has grown on me as well, but no one will replace Ozzie in my heart.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#18620 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

Dawn, I hate to say it, but yeah, Howie is kinda cute. You'll laugh, but I didn't like him until I learned more about him and how Oz made him his protégé, then I decided he was OK - he had to get approval from my main man first! :blush: He's got some stuff to learn of course, but is well on his way to being my next full time crush. It's between Jimmy and Helm :rolleyes: but I'm totally partial to the goalie!!!

- Michelle
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users