• Please log in to reply
20656 replies to this topic

#18701 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

You forgot that beautiful Newfy of his! Reuben rocks!
Posted Image

#18702 RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40

Loving my Wings until the day I die!

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of Reuben saved up. Think you could provide some? ;)
Count me in, but don't count me out,
You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,
Fight through the hurt, Fight through the pain,
Without the ache there is no gain,
We live our lives for the love of the game
Pillar - For the Love of the Game

#18703 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

First off, let me just say, I have been monitoring you ladies from my e-mail for weeks and you always have me laughing at totally inappropriate times (such as during meetings at work or dinner with the inlaws) and I love it! You never fail to make my day! With that being said...

And think about shirtless Ozzie :P We have a vast variety in the guys we like, as well as the ones we all like.

I, for one, think Ozzie is WHITE HOT without a shirt on, literally, and I don't care if he does look scrawny and has no tan!! LOL! Maybe it is because I, too, am basically one of two shades: lobster-red or glow-in-the-dark-white, regardless, I will stand by him with or without a shirt and yes, preferably, without :blush:

Which brings me to by next point...

Since you've posted in here now you must post a picture of yourself. ;)

Oh dear Lord. Why would that be a reqiurement? Part of the fun of the internet is coming up with your own images/ideas of who all the players are. It's part of the whole deal! But, I do see that many of you ladies have met and hang out too. So let me ask you all this... can my first picture that I post on here of myself at least be the one that includes Osgood? (sorry, choking up... give me a second).

OK. So, on that note, any of you ladies plan on going to Training Camp? Pat, I know you are. Dawn, I thought I saw you might head up on that weekend, too, but the tickets for the practice are all sold out for that weekend. I am trying to wait and see the status of Ozzie and Draper before making all these plans because my husband doesn't want to go if they are not going to be there especially because we will be taking a week off during Labor Day for his brother's wedding in TN. Any advice??

:newbie:

PS - I think he kinda looks like Shannahan + Draper. I'll get used to him. I'll see how well he defends ;).
Posted Image
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#18704 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Oh, don't worry about posting your pic. We only require that of the guys who barge in here and state that they are better looking than the Wings. As if. We also do it in fun for guys that come in and hang out- just so we don't run out of things to look at.

I am also one of those chicks who could get lost in a paper plate factory, but burns mercilessly if exposed to the sun. Unfortunately, I am not limited to Red or White. I have an intermediate situation called Blotched. It's not pretty.

Some of the gals here have posted pics of their own free will; others have been "hounded" by the paparazzi and ended up in the papers.

Edited by 55fan, 05 July 2011 - 07:05 AM.

#18705 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

I, for one, think Ozzie is WHITE HOT without a shirt on, literally, and I don't care if he does look scrawny and has no tan!! LOL! Maybe it is because I, too, am basically one of two shades: lobster-red or glow-in-the-dark-white, regardless, I will stand by him with or without a shirt and yes, preferably, without :blush:

I have no problem seeing Ozzie with no shirt because I adore him regardless. For me he is the cutest but I don't find him as hot as say Lilja, there is something about Ozzie (his heart) that I will always love no matter what he looks like.

Oh dear Lord. Why would that be a reqiurement? Part of the fun of the internet is coming up with your own images/ideas of who all the players are. It's part of the whole deal! But, I do see that many of you ladies have met and hang out too. So let me ask you all this... can my first picture that I post on here of myself at least be the one that includes Osgood? (sorry, choking up... give me a second).

If you are able to get a picture of you with Osgood you better post it! Especially since you want so badly to meet him. I was the same way and the first time I finally met him was in December 2008. I drove through a huge snow storm to get to him but it was so worth it.

OK. So, on that note, any of you ladies plan on going to Training Camp? Pat, I know you are. Dawn, I thought I saw you might head up on that weekend, too, but the tickets for the practice are all sold out for that weekend. I am trying to wait and see the status of Ozzie and Draper before making all these plans because my husband doesn't want to go if they are not going to be there especially because we will be taking a week off during Labor Day for his brother's wedding in TN. Any advice??

I have never gone up for training camp so this will be my first experience. My friends usually just buy 1 ticket that they share for watching the games and for using the bathroom. I'm not sure how it all works, but I know we'd be leaving Friday after work and coming home Sunday. They go mostly to meet the guys and get autographs and pictures. I'm going just for the experience since I don't have much for them to sign. I am really hoping that Ozzie makes it for training camp whether he's signed or not because this might be my last chance to see him.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18706 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

I know someone posted a pic of Patrick and Reuben in this thread a while back. Think of a solid black dog the size of a St. Bernard, and that's Reuben. He's adorable! Of course, I have this thing for big dogs - no yippy-yaps for me!

As far as TC, I know I'll be there, and so will my friend Jeanie (aka Winged Horse). Sheri has said she wants to come up, Dawn is thinking about it...anyone who wants to go will show up, I'm sure. It's always a blast, because you never know what's going to happen. And no matter which of the Wings you meet, you won't forget it easily, because they are all so wonderful and sweet.

I hope Kris and Oz are there, but we shall see what the fates have in store.
Posted Image

#18707 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

<snip>
<snip>

Y'know, I think Ozzie looks pretty yummy shirtless, too! Yeah, he's about as white as you can get - there's no denying that - but I don't know, somehow I don't mind. :) And I say this as a person who can tan halfway decently, hehe.

Argh, I really miss my boys. I finally got a flat-screen HDTV a couple weeks ago, and now there's no good-lookin' familiar faces to grace it. I did watch Game 7 against the Sharks a few days ago, though - hot doggy is it going to be fun watching next season! I can actually see the guys on the benches! Not sure if I want to see Pronger up close and personal, but uh, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#18708 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

HDTV is the bomb...I've had mine a while now, and love it. One nice thing now that HDTV is available - at least we don't have to look at someone like Mike Ricci - that would blow up the tv! YIKES!!!! :scared:
Posted Image

#18709 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

this made me cry

It's a nice article, but I hate to lose any of my Old Wings. I almost didn't post this, but at least we can give Ozzie some love here. I feel really terrible for everyone here who truly adores him... I understand. I really do.

It's the hardest thing in the world to see your favorite player leave, even if they say they're OK with it and take the high road. :(

It's not over yet, but it sure doesn't look good, girls. :unsure:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18710 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Argh, I really miss my boys. I finally got a flat-screen HDTV a couple weeks ago, and now there's no good-lookin' familiar faces to grace it. I did watch Game 7 against the Sharks a few days ago, though - hot doggy is it going to be fun watching next season! I can actually see the guys on the benches! Not sure if I want to see Pronger up close and personal, but uh, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

If you see Pronger on your tv that means you should see Lilja as well, there's your silver lining. ;)

this made me cry

It's a nice article, but I hate to lose any of my Old Wings. I almost didn't post this, but at least we can give Ozzie some love here. I feel really terrible for everyone here who truly adores him... I understand. I really do.

It's the hardest thing in the world to see your favorite player leave, even if they say they're OK with it and take the high road. :(

It's not over yet, but it sure doesn't look good, girls. :unsure:

When I saw who wrote that article I expected it to be on the negative side, I don't care of the way he talks on the radio sometimes. But he really had nice things to say about Ozzie and I hate to admit it but he's right, I'd rather him go out liked than have people complaining about his play and how much he sucked at the end of his career if he happens to have a bad season. I hate having to say goodbye to the good ones :(

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18711 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

HDTV is the bomb...I've had mine a while now, and love it. One nice thing now that HDTV is available - at least we don't have to look at someone like Mike Ricci - that would blow up the tv! YIKES!!!! :scared:

Isn't it great? Almost - but not quite - like being at the game! Haha, oh jeez, Mike Ricci...praise the Lord those two things didn't come along at the same time. A face made for the Ken Kal treatment if there ever was one. ;)

If you see Pronger on your tv that means you should see Lilja as well, there's your silver lining. ;)

Good one, thanks! And I do like the thought of him being a Flyer better than him as a Duck. Not a whole lot more, but I'll take most anything over the Ducks.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#18712 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

I'll be sad to see Oz hang them up, but hopefully he'll get his just rewards when he becomes eligible for the Hall of Fame in three years. He'd make someone a great goalie coach.

If we can't have Oz back, I'd sure like to see us go after Ty Conklin. I could tolerate that. Might make it a little easier to bear, seeing we know he's a good guy.

And Lils in Philly - well, we won't see him often, but I hope he has better luck there than he did in Anaheim. I wish we could have gotten him back here, but...
Posted Image

#18713 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

I'll be sad to see Oz hang them up, but hopefully he'll get his just rewards when he becomes eligible for the Hall of Fame in three years. He'd make someone a great goalie coach.

Not someone - he'd make a great goalie coach for the Wings. I can accept the fact that his career is at the end. But I can't deal with him leaving the area, probably because I am the stalker my friends accuse me of. :ph34r: Honestly I do not stalk him it's all in fun.

I know he'll make it in the Hall of Fame, even if it's not right away he'll be there and I hope I'm able to make the trip there for that one.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#18714 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

Thank you for posting that Loo, although, notice how there's no room to leave comments on that?!? Probably a smart thing for that guy, and me, I can see it now... *knock at the front door* "Ma'am, are you, 'OzzieFan30'?" "Yes, officer, I am! Why, would Ozzie finally like me to be his personal home care nurse? Let me get my stethoscope..." "STOP RIGHT THERE! HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK! YOU'RE BEING ARRESTED FOR THREATENING TO HARM A JOURNALIST! YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT..."

What?! It could totally happen!

... I'd rather him go out liked than have people complaining about his play and how much he sucked at the end of his career if he happens to have a bad season.

You are right about that... grumble grumble... I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, Ozzie has always been the underdog. When he's doing badly, it's because HE sucks, when he's going great, it's because he's on a great TEAM. To be honest with you, I think it will be a huge controversy if he does get into the Hall of Fame. We know he deserves it, but some people with limited intelligence and media ad nauseam just like attention. :spar: The problem with that is, people listen just because they talk loudest!

I am really hoping that Ozzie makes it for training camp whether he's signed or not because this might be my last chance to see him.

Do you really think he will come up regardless? I really want to go, and I think I've nearly talked my husband into it, too. But knowing there might be potential is exciting :sly:

Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

#18715 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

You never know what will happen at camp. I was surprised to see Ken Hitchcock there last year.

Oh heck, you should come up anyway...it's fun!
Posted Image

#18716 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hey, girls. It's been a while since I've stopped in, but I wanted to say that I'll be in TC in September too. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Although I'm very sad because they are not having the dinner after the golf outing this year. Last year was the first year I got to go, and it was such a great experience getting a little more personal with the guys and even having one of them sit at your table. Joey Mac was at ours, and I sat right next to him.

I'm making a pit stop in TC tomorrow too, to buy my tickets, and I might even pop into the arena to see Houdini Jr. That Jurco sure has some talent. Can't wait to see how he plays. I'll be in the UP for the weekend, and thankfully away from my computer and local news. I'm still holding my breath, but I'm afraid of the sports reports come Monday afternoon. I don't want to say goodbye to my favorite.

#18717 RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40

Loving my Wings until the day I die!

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

I can't find photo stills from the videos, but..it doesn't hurt to actually put up the videos. ;)

- Cleary

- Z

Hmm, not sure why the Cleary one isn't coming up, but you can just click on the link and it should work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gATXjYjCtVw - Pavel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcunLUoR9zI - Drapes

Edited by RWRNHZ40, 11 July 2011 - 03:28 PM.

Count me in, but don't count me out,
You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,
Fight through the hurt, Fight through the pain,
Without the ache there is no gain,
We live our lives for the love of the game
Pillar - For the Love of the Game

#18718 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

DAWN!! DID YOU SEE THIS?!?!?!?
:yowza:
I know it's not a for sure thing, but it sure looks good!!

That's all for now. And yes, I did buy my tickets for Training Camp today and if I have to physically pull the trailer up I-75 all the way to Traverse City on my bicycle I will because now my husband is trying to say his truck might not be able to pull it.

In case anyone was wondering, my husband and I are not currently speaking!!!!!!

Your friend,

#18719 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

DAWN!! DID YOU SEE THIS?!?!?!?
:yowza:
I know it's not a for sure thing, but it sure looks good!!

That's all for now. And yes, I did buy my tickets for Training Camp today and if I have to physically pull the trailer up I-75 all the way to Traverse City on my bicycle I will because now my husband is trying to say his truck might not be able to pull it.

In case anyone was wondering, my husband and I are not currently speaking!!!!!!

Your friend,

Awww, sorry about you and your hubby fighting, but it's for a worthy cause and you'll be able to smooth things over.

And yes I did see that and I was so happy this morning. :yowza: :carrot: :banana: I really hope this means Ozzie will be back.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#18720 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Boy, am I ever torn on the idea of Ozzie coming back. I want to see him go out successful and with a good season, but I also can't help but be afraid he will not be able to play or will get hurt -- and then the fans and media will rip him to shreds.

Or maybe they only would have done that to Dom. They DID do that to Dom. The media and fans in Detroit like Ozzie. Dom, not so much, sorry to say.

Anyway, two-edged sword, there. It's a risk, no matter how you look at iit, Ozzie returning one more season. It will be totally his decision, I ssuspect... but it's almost like they're talking to him because they let all other options (of the affordable variety) get away, and now they're ggoing to see if Oz wants to fill the third goalie slot.

Guess we will see.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users