• Please log in to reply
20652 replies to this topic

#18861 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

Daniel is almost to Minot, ND. He actually drove through Jamestown but didn't mention anything about flooding. He sent me a picture from the 2 lane road he's driving on right now. It's beautiful, but it's a whole lot of nothing. :D
He'll head up to Williston tomorrow and start work on Monday. I'll keep ya'll posted.

#18862 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Yep, that's ND. A whole lot of nothing, but beautiful in its own way. Wait until he hits the badlands, if he goes that route. That's beautiful something.

#18863 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

111 degrees here today, same tomorrow. We don't have any dramatic pictures of the chaos occurring here. Just fires and dead things everywhere.

Hockey seems far, far, far away and basically impossible to imagine right now.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#18864 WingedHorse

WingedHorse

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

The New Adventures of Hank the Yellow Lab Puppy. As many of you know, we recently became the parents of "Hank," a 7 week old yellow Lab puppy. Hank's papered name (THANK YOU AUNTIE KIRA!) is Kingsseeds Henrik Z. Hank wears a bright red collar and has a bright red leash. We just brought Hank home this evening, and Dale (my hubby) told Hank that they were going to watch Lions Football on tv (Dale loves the Lions and our Wings) - Hank gave Dale that dazed and glazed over look that I get when Dale starts talking accounting (he is a CPA), so I said, "Hank is a hockey dog, right?" Hank leaps up into the air and barks enthusiastically! Then I said, "Hank is a Red Wings dog right?" He did it again and tried to leap into my lap on the couch. Dale & I were laughing hysterically! I immediately called "Auntie Kira" on the phone to tell her - she is the only one I know (other than Dale) who would understand it. LOL! Auntie Kira said I needed to post this. Hank is living up to his name and he is only 7 weeks old. What a good hockey dog!

Photos will be posted tomorrow...

#18865 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Yep, that's ND. A whole lot of nothing, but beautiful in its own way. Wait until he hits the badlands, if he goes that route. That's beautiful something.

The sky was gorgeous! He was amazed at how flat everything was. He said he saw enough corn to last him a lifetime! :D

#18866 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, corn, sunflowers and beehives. That's pretty much a description of ND. We fought the Indians for that ???

Jeanie, I laughed my head off when I got your voice mail, and had to play it for Terry and my housemate. They laughed too. It's almost as good as when Loki growled at our Schwans' guy for saying he only watched college football, or the time Crysby's name was mentioned and he growled. We have our doggies trained well, don't we? :lol:
Posted Image

#18867 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

You forgot wheat. We have lots of wheat.

#18868 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Oh yes, how could I ever forget...miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles of nothing but...
Posted Image

#18869 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

Let's talk hot... THIS is hot!!

Funny coincidence: today was the Austin Chronicle's annual Hot Sauce Festival downtown in a little park. It's a fun raiser for the Austin food bank. :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#18870 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

A fun raiser? Sounds like it! When Justen was little, he sent me a postcard asking me to help with his school's "fond razor".

Pat- have you ever been to Manitoba or Saskatchewan? They're even flatter and have fewer trees.

That's what people came here for back in the day before modern farming equipment. They wanted land that had no tree roots or big rocks to dig through, just good soil. They found it here. Now we (the upper mid-west) feed the nation. Pretty good for a lot of nothing! Plus we now have oil, which the paper recently noted has brought about an increase in toddlers. Our population has been slowly declining because young people move out to cooler (as in hipper, not colder) places. Now that we have the jobs open in the oil fields, young guys are coming in droves and bringing their families (or maybe just knocking up the local gals) and we are actually seeing an increase in kids for the first time in years.

This has been your North Dakota Minute. We now return you to your hot Wings.

Howabouta nice "welcome back" for this guy?
Posted Image

#18871 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

I like North Dakota, what I've seen of it. Admittedly, that's not much besides Fargo airport. :D

Austin used to be fun. Not so much now.

I would post Conkie pics, but I am stuck at the desk for 10 hours. Maybe later.... I :wub: our goalies. It's gonna be a great season!

A fun raiser?

autocorrect. <_< I didn't go back and check -- this place was a grave yard all weekend, didn't think anyone was actually reading my posts anyway. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#18872 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

I've never been to the prairie provinces. I'd like to, though. I've been close, but only as close as a few miles into Montana.

"Fun raiser" may have been a subliminal message to try and raise the spirits, Loo. And after what you've been going through, I daresay you could use some fun. How I wish I could kidnap you and take you to Traverse. You could use a good "fun raiser". :)

Nice to see a pic of Ty. I hope I get to meet him. My goal this year is to finally meet Bert. Besides the new guys, he's the only one I haven't met. I want to remedy that.
Posted Image

#18873 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

I thought either you had written fun raiser on purpose or that they were billing it as such. Kind of a catchy slogan- perhaps you should copyright it.

It has been dead around here. I haven't been posting much because all I have to say is "my mouth is sore". Lesson learned- do not attempt to eat a cheeseburger before you are healed up, no matter how sick you are of soft foods.

Pat- I hope you get to meet Bert and the new guys. Give us a full report. During camp, we live through you.

#18874 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

I live vicariously through you all who get to see real hockey and who get to actually meet Red Wings in the flesh. Must be wonderful.

It's probably nice to go outside and not die, as well. Tell me about it, please? :unsure: All I have to say is it's too hot to live, and sit inside my house, messing around online and praying my AC doesn't quit working. If it does, I will have to move. Moving and selling my house will be cheaper than a new HVAC. Literally.

I realize other folks have stuff to do, and don't sit at the computer all weekend, that's just me. There is nothing worth going outside and risking incineration. So I am pathetic and check in here to see if there are other humans still alive on this planet. :blush:

I don't foresee, with my finances and such, that I will ever see another in-person Red Wings game... so yes, tell me all about it.

Fun raiser? What is this fun you speak of? I could use some of that, I think. I used to have a friend who would write a check (back before ATMS existed) for cash for the weekend, and he'd write "weekend funs", minus the 'd' in the subject line. ;)

There are probably people reading this who don't remember when there were no ATMs. Or microwaves. I remember when televisions were black and white. :D

edit: spelling, and to hug Karen and hope her mouth is better soon. (((hugs))) ™

Edited by puckloo39, 29 August 2011 - 11:43 AM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#18875 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Loo. I had a dream that you and I were taking a class together. I never found out what the class was for, but we had to wear black skirts and ties and white shirts, and we had to do something different each week. One week we interviewed senior citizens, one week we served tea properly, one week we had to beat up a childhood friend in a bathroom after he had been already beaten down so that we could nail him, and one week we had to eat a stew made out of cat meat.

I kept forgetting my tie, and you would loan me one. I couldn't beat up the friend, and I could only get down a couple bites of the stew.

I love drugged-out dreams. Sort of. Actually, I didn't like this one at all.

#18876 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Karen, whatever it is they're giving you for pain, I suggest you quit taking it. This is getting too hallucinatory.

Loo, it's in the mid-70's here. I wish with all my heart I could bottle it up and send it to you.
Posted Image

#18877 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I come bearing gifts!!! Since the guys had informal practice, that means there's new photos of some of our guys!!!!

To start off, I never did post anything for Kris's retirement. I think this picture is precious.

Posted Image

Now...new stuff! Lots of Homer and Ty! Even some Manny thrown in, along with some of the youngins. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Finally....may I present....the world's most perfect human.

Posted Image

#18878 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

Oh, bless you, my child!! I was going to snag all of those off the detnews site but you beat me to it. Yay!! I just dragged in from work, with 106 degrees again today -- I am exhausted.

But that last pic gives me hope. Perhaps there really is a God, and I am not completely forsaken here?

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#18879 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

Pat and Dawn are gonna go "squeeee!!!" :yowza:

Posted Image

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#18880 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

I am officially a puddle of goo on the floor after those pictures. Thank you for those, especially of our dear "R" (don't want to type the whole word out) Wings! Other than Homer, for whom it is pretty standard, what's up with all the tongues and other funny facial expressions from the guys?

Ohh, and ladies, I'm so happy. On Saturday, my birthday present to myself arrived--my #5 WC jersey. Can't wait to break it in in Traverse City, and hopefully have it blessed by the Captain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users