• Please log in to reply
20653 replies to this topic

#18941 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Absolutely, Pat. You're a doll for thinking of it.

#18942 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Absolutely. There's also an online guestbook. I posted the link to it in the general discussion thread on the crash.

But yes, I think it's a wonderful idea Pat. Please feel free to include me.

#18943 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

I called Centre Ice today because I wondered if it was possible to have three big posters for fans to write their condolences on at training camp for the families of Brad McCrimmon, Ruslan Salei, and Stephan Liv. I was going to make them with a nice message and pictures of all three men. I then thought somehow that the team could pass them on to the families. It was just an idea, and I wasn't sure how to implement it completely. However, the man I spoke to didn't feel it was feasible between having them out for people to sign and finding a way to deliver them to the families. One thing he implied, which upset me, was that if my idea could happen, we wouldn't need to do posters for Ruslan and Stephan because "they were no longer with the organization" and that Brad was a special case. It goes without saying, but once you've been a Wing, you always have some ties still to the Red Wings family. The team lost all three of these men, and they are no less deserving of being remembered.

Ah, well. At least I tried. I will be bringing a card for sure.

#18944 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Absolutely, include me... the lone Wings gal from the Lone Star State. That's very sweet, Pat, and just like you to think of it. :wub:

I called Centre Ice today because I wondered if it was possible to have three big posters for fans to write their condolences on at training camp for the families of Brad McCrimmon, Ruslan Salei, and Stephan Liv. I was going to make them with a nice message and pictures of all three men. I then thought somehow that the team could pass them on to the families. It was just an idea, and I wasn't sure how to implement it completely. However, the man I spoke to didn't feel it was feasible between having them out for people to sign and finding a way to deliver them to the families. One thing he implied, which upset me, was that if my idea could happen, we wouldn't need to do posters for Ruslan and Stephan because "they were no longer with the organization" and that Brad was a special case. It goes without saying, but once you've been a Wing, you always have some ties still to the Red Wings family. The team lost all three of these men, and they are no less deserving of being remembered.

Ah, well. At least I tried. I will be bringing a card for sure.

If I were going, I would set up a little shrine or area where people could post their thoughts and leave little remembrances for all three of our fallen Wings. I betcha one of the guys would see it and make sure it got to the families, or even a bunch of them would. That guy who said Ruslan and Stefan are not Wings anymore is crazy and not very nice, to boot. Sorry he works for the organization, instead of someone who gets it.

Go find Trey (Konnan) when you get there... he would figure out a way to help you get this done. He works for the resort where the Wings stay in TC.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18945 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

I plan on finding him. Maybe we can cook up something.

By the way, the card is in my stuff ready to go. Signed as, 'Some of the gang from LetsGoWings.com' And names listed individually as requested.
Posted Image

#18946 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

Pat, I hope it's not too late to include my name. Pardon my french, but "f*** you" to the guy who said "We wouldn't need to do posters for Ruslan and Stephan because 'they were no longer with the organization' and that Brad was a special case." Tell that to the people who were friends with them, and learned from them, bet they would tell you the same thing I did.

#18947 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

I got everyone I could think of...if I forgot you individually, know that you are in the group signature. I spent last night going through all the names I could remember and had written somewhere...it's a long list of names, believe me.
Posted Image

#18948 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Who are you going to give it to? Pasha? Nick or Babs? Thanks for doing that, Pat... I hope you added my name, but i am sure you did. Just wish there was something more we could do to let the guys know we cared about their friends who died.

We won't forget them, that's for sure.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18949 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

They are going to have a collection box up at the arena. I am going to try and talk to one of the guys, I don't care who, and ask them to put a red carnation on the casket for me. And yes, Loo, you are definitely mentioned by name.
Posted Image

#18950 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Another article about Nik in the links on top.

Seriously, the more I read about that man, the more I love him. :wub:

And I was afraid after Mac that I could never love another. I guess life does go on. I guess I should know that, having had crushes on guys that half the kids on the planet don't even know exist any more- Chad Everett, Bobby Goldsboro, Lyle Alzedo, Phil Esposito, Ringo Starr. Yes, life does go on. Plus I get to enjoy the nasty cougar feeling. :devil:

I have my eyes on Helm for the future. Purrrrrrroar.

Edited by 55fan, 16 September 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#18951 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

You need to come here and meet the guys, the crush will be even worse! I love Nik, he's such a sweetheart...and we could stalk him :ph34r: I agree about Helm, he's becoming one of my favorites for his play as well as his looks. If I get another jersey I've decide that it'll be his.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18952 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

I haven't worn my Kronwall jersey yet. I don't know why. I'm still just in the "looking at it" phase. You had mentioned Jean and Sheri, and I was thinking about how funny it would be if the 3 of us could get together and all be wearing his jersey. I think he'd giggle.

We could track him down and be like, "Excuse us, sir, but I'm visiting Detroit for the weekend and stalking you was on my "to do" list, so I got some friends together who want to stalk you as well and we're stalking you. Would you like to go out and have a drink with us, or shall we just follow you everywhere and peek in your windows? Oh, the girl in the Ozzie shirt? She's our driver. We gave her the bail money, just in case. She's cool, though. You can drink with her too if you want."

That would be fun.

#18953 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Just don't call me for bail...I'm broke. ;)
Posted Image

#18954 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

I haven't worn my Kronwall jersey yet. I don't know why. I'm still just in the "looking at it" phase. You had mentioned Jean and Sheri, and I was thinking about how funny it would be if the 3 of us could get together and all be wearing his jersey. I think he'd giggle.

We could track him down and be like, "Excuse us, sir, but I'm visiting Detroit for the weekend and stalking you was on my "to do" list, so I got some friends together who want to stalk you as well and we're stalking you. Would you like to go out and have a drink with us, or shall we just follow you everywhere and peek in your windows? Oh, the girl in the Ozzie shirt? She's our driver. We gave her the bail money, just in case. She's cool, though. You can drink with her too if you want."

That would be fun.

:hysterical: From what Trey says, I think I could swing by and pick up Ozzie and have a good time too. Shame on him if that really is the case, but sadly I've heard that he's done bad things. That isn't the Chris Osgood I love.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18955 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

It's not easy to deal with the cognitive dissonance that comes with finding that our heroes are human.

At least having Mac as a heartthrob, I knew what I was getting into. His flaws were pretty much out for all to see. Same with Probie.

I sometimes wonder what angelic-looking Helm has in hiding in his closet. Not to mention Nik!

#18956 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

I know everyone has something in their closet that would probably surprise us. I feel bad for his wife if he really is behaving this way, it's truly a side of him I didn't want to acknowledge. I'll just have to not think about that because that's not why I love him anyway, if he were my man then I'd have a to deal with it because I would not tolerate that behavior.

Back to the fun stuff, Karen - I'll happily volunteer to find out what is literally in Kronner and Helm's closets. :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#18957 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

Probably not pink shorts. Those are in Huddie's closet.

#18958 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

Nik has Helm in his closet? Nik and Helm are coming out of the closet? :huh:

I think I would find several Hot Wings ladies in their closets, if they got their way. :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#18959 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

I have Drapes in my closet. They're old ones I spilled bleach on. Been meaning to cut them down.

#18960 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

Probably not pink shorts. Those are in Huddie's closet.

I met Vesa Toskala in San Jose, like a decade ago when I used to go there for business... of course, I would invade the Sharks' practices (luv me some Teemu!!).

Toskala came strolling out after practice to sign autographs for fans. He had on pink, blue and yellow plaid capris and a pink t-shirt, also sporting wrap-around pink sunglasses that looked like they came from Claire's Boutique. I am sure I couldn't have afforded them, even if I were so inclined.

I think Euro men are pretty secure in their maleness -- and clothes others from North America wouldn't consider don't get a second glance in Europe. Well, depending on who's wearing what, they might get lots of glances. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users