20656 replies to this topic

#18961 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Good morning, kids, from Traverse City!

I am living proof that miracles do occur - one did this morning. After practice, Pasha walked through on his way to do an interview, stopped and put a hand on Terry's shoulder and said, "How are you doing?" and then came over AND HUGGED ME!!! I swear to you he really did! I'm in shock...I never thought it would happen like that! :yowza: And after the interview, he came by, gave me a wink and said, "I'll see you tomorrow." My heart is just singing right now! :wub:

I have a few pics I'll post later. I also talked to Drew Miller and asked him to put a red carnation on the casket if he could. He said if he can he will.

I love what Pasha is doing...wearing #24 through camp in memory of Ruslan...how sweet and lovely a thought...no wonder I love him so.

More goodies as time goes on. I miss you gals, I wish you were here!
Posted Image

#18962 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

HE DID?! That is so great!!!!! How awesome for you :yowza: I would have fallen down flat on my face LOL. Can't wait to come over and meet you... jumping over to the TC forum now.
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#18963 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

Good morning, kids, from Traverse City!

I am living proof that miracles do occur - one did this morning. After practice, Pasha walked through on his way to do an interview, stopped and put a hand on Terry's shoulder and said, "How are you doing?" and then came over AND HUGGED ME!!! I swear to you he really did! I'm in shock...I never thought it would happen like that! :yowza: And after the interview, he came by, gave me a wink and said, "I'll see you tomorrow." My heart is just singing right now! :wub:

I have a few pics I'll post later. I also talked to Drew Miller and asked him to put a red carnation on the casket if he could. He said if he can he will.

I love what Pasha is doing...wearing #24 through camp in memory of Ruslan...how sweet and lovely a thought...no wonder I love him so.

More goodies as time goes on. I miss you gals, I wish you were here!

That is unbeliveable and awesome. Pav is simply amazing. I am happy for you :)

#18964 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Oh, Pat. I'm getting all mushy.

My sister kind of follows the goings-on here. She lurks on occasion, and I tell her updates sometimes. Aside from Loo (who my mother refers to as "the Longhorn Lady"), she doesn't really know that many people.

She asked if anyone from here was going to TC. I said Pat was and she said, "Oh the one with Loki?" She loves dogs. I think she'd remember every single person she met if they had a dog with them.

Anyway, she hopes you have a wonderful time. I'm thrilled about Pasha.

Edited by 55fan, 17 September 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#18965 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

Okay, ladies, I got enough prospect loving today to last me awhile . . . at least until tomorrow! ;) I also gave Mr. Aaron Downey a hug from all of us LGWers and asked if I could hire him as my personal trainer. He got a kick out of that. Tomas Tatar was a chatty Cathy when I told him I was at the game where he got his first NHL goal. I also got to meet Tomas Jurco, and asked him if he should be called "Junior Magician" since he has sweet moves like Pavel. It was sad this morning though, seeing all the guys in their nice suits heading to the airport. Once I add my pictures, I'll give you all the link to my photobucket page.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 17 September 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#18966 Danny=Badass

Danny=Badass

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

http://www.freep.com...r=917001&Ref=PH

Look what I found.

Look at the last picture in the album.

Edited by Danny=Badass, 17 September 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#18967 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

Pat, you're famous now! And when did Bert get new teeth? Or did he just wear his for practice today? :yowza:

#18968 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Oh good grief... :scared:

*blushing*

At least she didn't shoot me getting hugged by Pasha. I would have really been embarrassed.
Posted Image

#18969 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

That is so sweet. I hope the family sees that some day. They probably heard the story from Brad about giving a carnation to Pasha. It will give them comfort to know that his act of kindness was remembered, and that he was remembered as a good and loving man.

#18970 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

Pat, I am SO happy for you. I know today meant so much! And thank you for including all of us in Brad's memorial.
It was a sad day today. The Wings certainly have some of the best guardian angels now. :(

#18971 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Oh, Pat! How awesome. When I read your story I made some sort of high-pitched squee noise, which caused Casey to wonder what the heck was going on, and when I showed him your post he made almost the same noise (only in a very masculine and manly way, of course). So happy for you!

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#18972 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

SO awesome, what a great day you had, Pat! You look wonderful, by the way, and I know Drew was touched by what you asked. I hope he was able to do that for you...

Glad you're having a great time, thanks for including all of us. :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18973 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

What a great picture Pat! I was so happy that you called to share with me. :) It's great that we can live through you and everyone else that's there when we can't be.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18974 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

It was doubly bad because Dave Guralnick of the News shot almost the same time...I had my hand on Drew's shoulder in the pic that Dave posted.

The lady from the Free Press asked how old I was, and I said, "Let's put it this way. I just slide under the door for the senior discounts at IHOP." She cracked up, and said, "You know, I never heard it put that way, but that's damned funny."
Posted Image

#18975 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

Sunday morning: Pat just called me and told me that she ran into Aaron Downey this morning. She told him that we named him the hottest Wing and extra-sexy man. She explained that there were a whole bunch of us ladies who post on LGW, who are sisters and wholove each other very much -- and who share an abiding love of all our guys in the Winged Wheel. OK, lust, in some cases. ;)

He told her to tell us that he "will keep us all in his heart."

Aaron... :wub:

I don't guess we should mention the plan to kidnap him and stuff him the trunk of the getaway car? :P You know that when the Griffs are here to play the Texas Stars farm team, I will be front and center looking for him!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18976 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Just got your message Loo! I cried on the way home from church, it was so sweet! Isn't Aaron scrumptious?!?

But yeah...we don't need to tell him about that whole kidnapping plot from a few pages back...:D

#18977 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

He'll find out about it when it happens. Pat is having a great weekend! :yowza:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#18978 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Happy Birthday Kristi!! I haven't been on the computer all day so I checked birthdays here and saw you listed. I hope you're having a great day. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#18979 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Happy Birthday Kristi!! I haven't been on the computer all day so I checked birthdays here and saw you listed. I hope you're having a great day. :)

Oh, me, too.. I should check. Here, I called you today, Kristi and didn't wish you a happy birthday! I am sorry, and hope you have a great day today. xoxoxo :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#18980 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

Happy birthday, dear Kristi. Have I got some pics for you! Of a certain Cheli... ;)

P.S. I saw those pink shorts of Jiri's...actually he wears them well. :)

Edited by Kira, 18 September 2011 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users