• Please log in to reply
20656 replies to this topic

#19081 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

Happy Birthday to Hank! As good looking as he is I just can't have that same love for him as I do Andreas. Mostly because he reminds me of my friends son, his facial features are very similar.

I do love that one with the close ups of his eyes.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19082 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Your friend's son looks like Hank? If I give you my phone number, will you pass it on to him? :lol: :lol:

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#19083 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

I came in here to say something... or maybe read something... or I needed a bagel... or who am I?

Those are some mind-boggling pics. I think I'll go wash my hamster and feed the dishes now...

#19084 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Why does that one shot of Henrik remind me of a mug shot??? Or is it just me?
Posted Image

#19085 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

No, it's not you. I think it's the combo of bright flash + white background. Gives it a very overexposed look.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#19086 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Ok girls, I had a great time tonight. Kristi is already in heaven and making out with one my my pictures :lol: Here's the pictures and I'll try put my stories after.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image :wub:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Not really liking the longer hair
Posted Image BERT!!!
Posted Image My hat, started with only 5 signatures.
Posted Image Group photo

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19087 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

I hope Sheri and Jean don't mind me posting that group pic here. We had to go to our group photo area first, we sat for about 45 minutes but that put us near the front of the line. Then we had to go another section for the first round of autographs, we had Emmerton, Cleary and Hudler. Since Hudler was the only one I needed an autograph for I waited cause he was last in line. I said hi to Cory and then Cleary was texting and i asked him if he was texting my kid's pediatrician and he asked how I know him. So I was chatting with Cleary and handed Hudler my hat and he signed, didn't really say anything to me. I guess I was kind of rude to him. After that we could go to any group we wanted. So I got the picture of Brunnstrom and Lidstrom but we all had Lidstrom's autograph and all I had was my Stanley Cup hat so I couldn't have the others sign that. Next was Franzen and White they were great, it's all so fast so not much time for chat and we aren't allowed pictures with the guys during autographs. I took pictures of the guys that I didn't get autographs for because I didn't want them to feel bad.

I passed on Pasha and Kindle because his line was very long. We went on to Homer and Eaves. Sheri went first and then I had Homer sign my hat, then he let me take that great photo. I told Eaves I was sorry I didn't have anything for him to sign, but next time. And Homer says I'm going to make Patty cry, of course he has to have fun with it. So I told Eaves this way he'll remember me next time.

I passed on Z & Commadore for the same reason, too long of a line. I had to get out of there early and wanted to try to get to as many guys as I could. So then I came accross Kronner, Ericsson and Conklin and I was so excited because I needed to talk to Kronner for Karen. I got into that line and it moved very quickly. Conks was first at the table so I apologized again for having only the hat, then I told him that I love the curls and he said thanks (he probably thought I was a nut) and then I got that great picture of him. Ericsson was quiet, but he was like that the other time that I had met him too. And then Kronner signed my hat, I thanked him and then told him he had to look for Karen at the game on Saturday. I told him what she, her mom and sister would be wearing. Sure hope you get to meet him. :) I felt like I took so much of his time that I didn't really ask him to pose for me in the pic (obviously)

Last was Bert and Helm. Helm is such a sweetheart, he's so cute. And again I had Bert pose after I apologized and I got a pretty good picture, at least according to Kristi. :P

This was so much fun and I would have been even happier had I been able to stay the whole time and been more prepared with things to be signed. I totally skipped out on Jimmy Howard and whoever he was with because I didn't have anything for him. I could have had Conklin sign the picture of us from the Toast when he was still here the 1st time. I'll take what I can get and not complain. So now that I've spammed you with pictures as well as this novel enjoy!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19088 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Ian White looks very much like a guy I used to date. I am sure Ian is lots nicer, though. Homer is still a handsome dude, and the rest of them are gorgeous, Nick especially. Darling pic of Kronner, and the one of Pasha with the little boy is precious. Look at that sweet face.

Conkie. :wub: I am sucker for the goalies, you know me.

Thanks for sharing, Dawn. I am sure Jean and Sheri don't mind. You all look beautiful. Cute boyz in front of you, there, too. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19089 Danny=Badass

Danny=Badass

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

I'm confused was that Toast to Hockeytown? If not what event was it? it looms supper cool and I wanna be a part of it next time :P

#19090 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

Oh my goodness, what wonderful pictures to wake up to! What was this? It looks like so much fun!

I love the picture of Homer and Eaves. They look like they're about to cause a mischief.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19091 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

What wonderful pics! And what on earth has Helm done to his hair? Yikes! He stands to lose his next-in-line after Nik retires position with that hair. Although, Fabian could be a good replacement...

Thanks, Dawn. Hope you had fun. Cheers to the Kronner Krew.

#19092 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:52 AM

This was an open house for season ticket holders. Sheri spits some with another person and they gave her the ticket for this one, I think they do 2 of these a season. So we had a ticket for 1 group picture and then tickets for autographs. You have to go to your section for the first autographs and then once you're done you can move around and get the others after those ticket holders are done. It's a lot more fun than I had anticipated because I'm not normally one that wants to get autographs because I don't have anywhere to display them. It's always fun to meet the guys and see their personalities off the ice.

I just remembered that Helm picture, I just took it and he said you surprised me :lol: I was worried I wasn't gong to get one I guess. And I don't know what it is about him but that hair makes him look so much younger. Karen you've got a while before you have to "replace" Nik so no worries.

Linda I know what you mean about goalies, I don't know what it is but I've always had a thing for goalies too.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19093 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

So jealous of anyone that got within 15 feet of any of them. Now, as to a random bit of hotness. Someone's avatar here reminded me of this very, very, very awesomely hot thing that we don't get the privilege of witnessing anymore:

Posted Image

Maybe it's just me, but watching Steve skate around with his helmet unbuckled was hot. Especially if you saw a little bit of the black t-shirt he wore under his uniform. Aw hell, how about some Captain!pic!spam!?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You know, there's a lot of really good looking men on our team, but when it comes to hot, there's but two levels - Hot and Steve Yzerman. He's in a class by himself.

#19094 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

I agree Beth, Yzerman is in a class all by himself. And he sure knows how to take a picture as well, I am so glad I waited in his line at the first Toast I went to because it was right before he left us for TB. He has definitely gotten better with age and I also loved when he'd skate around with his strap hanging like that.

After last night I was thinking about our current group of guys and their hottness factor. I must be getting old because there really aren't any newer guys that I find sexy like I did Lilja, but maybe that's because he set my standard. :P I think it's cause the guys are a lot younger so they're good looking but also looking very young.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19095 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

Rob that cradle, Dawn. They're legal. :hehe:

#19096 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

I've finally come up for air after the epic pic-makeout session with Todd. :D

Abby is really growing into his looks. He's A LOT cuter this season. I'm not feeling Helm's hair either. He doesn't need to try and rock long hair.

Again, thank you Dawn for sharing. They are SO wonderful!!!

#19097 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the treat, Beth. Gosh, I love the old guys... especially Stevie Y. I wonder if the women in Tampa Bay have fallen for him, and if not -- what is wrong with them?? :blink:

You're right. He invented his own category of wonderfulness. He's always The Captain to me. No disrespect to Nick, who also deserves his own special hotness ranking. They are both unfair to the rest of the male gender, just by being so ridiculously attractive.

Perhaps they could give other men lessons in hotness, so we could have a bit more of this? :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19098 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

If they know what's good for them, they've fallen head over heels just like the rest of us.

#19099 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

How about some Hank, courtesy of Tumblr?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19100 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

Gulp.

Hopefully within 48 hours I can provide never-before-seen shots of the Wings.

I can say this here because I know you gals won't laugh at me, but I've been practicing how to hold my head in case I meet any of the guys up close. Not high enough to show scars from a long-ago accident, but high enough that the double chin is not so pronounced. I think I've got it down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users