20657 replies to this topic

#19201 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

So Loo, what did the doctor tell you???

She thinks I have an ACL problem (ruptured) and possibly a PCL issue, but they need an MRI. That's on Monday. I had other plans, but oh, well. <_<

It will be OK, I can walk on it, just not very fast. :hehe:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19202 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Presenting JRHIV as Karen as named him:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19203 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

He's gonna be a sweetie...bet on it. And look at that twinkle in Daddy's eyes. You don't think he's happy???

Loo, I'm sorry to hear what happened, but I'm glad you aren't on crutches. Just take your time, and rest as much as you can. And don't forget we love ya!
Posted Image

#19204 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

I didn't name him- I just shortened his name to initials. JRHIII and his lovely wife named him. :P

He is a little cutie, isn't he.

Side note: first post with my new laptop! Woohoo!

#19205 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

I can tell! Your post is so neat and the letters are so clear. Must be a new laptop!!

Little James is adorable. Wonder if anyone got him a Red Wings onesie?

:P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19206 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Red Wings onesies are harder to find than you might think! I spent a long time looking for one for my baby cousin and finally had to settle on a 2T t-shirt. I'm sure Jimmy has connections, though... I LOVE the picture of him with JRHIV! New daddy pictures almost always make me smile.

So, who would like some warm up pictures from last night's game?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19207 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love the "Oh no, you did NOT just say that to me" expression on Cleary's face in this one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hudler was showing off for me and/or the puckbunnies behind me. Probably for the puckbunnies. Incidentally, I now think you should have to prove a certain amount of hockey knowledge before you're allowed to watch warm ups from ice level. There was just far too much "OHMYGOD HE'S SO HAWT! Who is that?" going on for my taste!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19208 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just realized the warm up pictures make it look like Abby does nothing in warm ups except stand in this one spot! I swear he was really moving around most of the time, though.

Posted Image

This one makes me so happy! I didn't realize my camera was capable of doing something so nice!

Posted Image

This one's specially for Loo, since the oddities of lighting and glass blur made it look like Conk's in a soft focus shot like a love interest from an old Star Trek episode!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And Hudler continues to show off for the ladies while Howard does his best imitation of a Buddha statue.

Posted Image

Edited by Jenny, 29 October 2011 - 05:51 PM.

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19209 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

nice pics, Jenny! Thanks for sharing, I wish they had won for you.

Yes, it is fun listening to air-heads babbling... "who is that?" I love it. At least we KNOW who were stalking here. :P

And I love my Star Trek goalie pic. I think most of them may be aliens, in reality, so that works for me!!

Edited by puckloo39, 29 October 2011 - 05:57 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19210 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Goalies may well be aliens. You've got to have some sort of non-human thought processes going on if there's a 100+ mph slapshot coming at you and your instinct is to get in front of it instead of dive away from it!

It was really a very strange game. It was the first time I ever went to a game by myself-- Casey was on overnight call at the hospital and I found a cheap single seat on StubHub, so I figured I may as well go. But then it turned out that my section was full of this huge group of hipsters (I swear there were about 30 of them) who were just FAR too cool to do things like cheer for the team, or, you know, watch the game. So here's me, jumping around and yelling like I always do, in my Datsyuk jersey, jeans, and store brand hot pink Converse sneakers. And here's all these trendily dressed early 20-somethings just sitting there looking bored, or chattering away with their complete and utter world-weariness. You know, going to a game is kind of expensive if you're just going to go and not pay attention! They had ONE guy in their group who was in a jersey and was actually watching the game, and he and I chatted for a few minutes about how Shanny used to bank shots in off the goalie from behind the goal line. Maybe it was that guy's turn to choose the Friday night activity? I honestly have no idea why most of them bothered to go!

Then there was an older gentleman right behind me who seemed to not know what was going on. He'd be yelling things like, "Pavel! Shoot the puck on net!" when Abby's line was on the ice, taking a faceoff in the defensive zone. But he wasn't entirely clueless, because every time something good happened, like a clear on a PK or an odd man rush, he'd start yelling, "Woop! Woop! Woop!" I still haven't decided if it was annoying or hilarious!

There was also a group of 4 ladies a couple rows back, who seemed to be in their mid 50s, who were so very into the game. They had octopus hats and goal light hats, and they were cheering like crazy and cussing like sailors at the refs. Posted Image I wish my seat had been by them instead of by the hipsters!

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19211 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

I want an octopus hat. Wonder if Kristi would still sit by me? :blush:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19212 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Nice shots, Jenny!

#19213 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

Great pictures Jenny. That one of Fil he's looking right at you. The Star Trek one of Conks is very artistic.

I've done games alone and I don't mind it much. Of course the only time I go alone I have an awesome seat, but it's in the lower bowl so I have the same problem they don't cheer the way I like to with the others in the upper bowl. It's always nice when you find someone to talk to during the game. And people watching or listening is entertaining as well.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19214 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hi Ladies,
Just checking in and making sure you know I'm not dead :rolleyes: Just in a severe Red Wings depression. I do have to say, lurking and reading what you ladies are all up to usually makes me feel better, so thank you for that!! I wish I was on facebook so I could get to know you all better, but I had to swear it off when my whole in-law family got on and started drama. So now I'm a tweeter. Sometimes I get a reply from Mike Commodore :) Here's what contributing to my RWD:

1) Not going to Toast of HockeyTown. Sold out before I could convince my husband to go.

2) 5-4-0. Come on. I know it's not for lack of trying lately, but still. The Blue Jackets beat us?!?!

3) Twitters all a-tweet about how terrible Ty is and I swear they could just insert Ozzie's name in everything and it would be last year. I love Ty, I think he's great!

4) Puckbunnies. Are they serious?! The other day I saw some 15 year old's crotch (I didn't WANT to it was her avatar picture, she covered her chest with a jersey and she had bunny ears on). Do hockey players really fall for this stuff? Which leads me to my next point:

5) I cannot stop thinking about what Konnan511 said about Ozzie cheating on his wife at training camp. A big part of me wants to think he's just starting malicious rumors, but then another part of me wants to think he really didn't know Chris was married and he was just being a guy bragging "oh he can get lots of hot chicks." When I did go up and talk to Ozzie and Kirk, they asked me if I was there with friends. When I said no, I was there with my husband, Kirk said, "Oh, (meaningful look at Chris) so your BEST friend, right?" Of course I laughed and said, "uh, yeah, something like that," and Chris laughed. Am I reading into this too much (that is one of my specialties, afterall).

Good Lord. See what happens when I start a new job and am deprived of watching my favorite player of all time? Mass life chaos. LOL

MC30
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19215 naranja

naranja

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

5) I cannot stop thinking about what Konnan511 said about Ozzie cheating on his wife at training camp. A big part of me wants to think he's just starting malicious rumors, but then another part of me wants to think he really didn't know Chris was married and he was just being a guy bragging "oh he can get lots of hot chicks." When I did go up and talk to Ozzie and Kirk, they asked me if I was there with friends. When I said no, I was there with my husband, Kirk said, "Oh, (meaningful look at Chris) so your BEST friend, right?" Of course I laughed and said, "uh, yeah, something like that," and Chris laughed. Am I reading into this too much (that is one of my specialties, afterall).

Good Lord. See what happens when I start a new job and am deprived of watching my favorite player of all time? Mass life chaos. LOL

MC30

Honestly, it doesn't really come as a surprise to me that players cheat on their wives. Just because they're pros doesn't mean that they're better people than the average Joe. The difference is that they've way more opportunities.
"Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation." Ritch Winter (Dom's agent)

#19216 naranja

naranja

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

My goalie left and is still playing, and I can't see him. Bummer. At least sometimes, someone here kindly finds me pics and videos from Europe (Nani? where are you???), so I've seen a few things he's done since leaving the NHL.

You called? :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation." Ritch Winter (Dom's agent)

#19217 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

I hear you about the Ozzie thing Michelle, I was very disappointed when I heard about that. And the way that they talked to you in the bar does make it seem that they were angling at something had you been with girlfriends and not said you were married. I have the same expectations of celebrities as I would any other guy, if he's married he should be faithful no matter how many opportunities may present themselves. If you're in a good relationship you should have no desire to stray, yes you can look and notice attractive people...even flirt but it stops at that.

So I was thinking about you asking about getting together to watch a game and since I will most likely have no FSN I was thinking about going out next Saturday to watch the game. I'm going to post in the get together part of the board to see if anyone else wants to try.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19218 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

You called? :D

Posted Image

Love the goalie!! Thanks, sweetie!! You always find pics I never see otherwise.

I'd love to think that all our hockey guys are faithful and true to their ladies, but reality says probably not. They have a lot of temptation thrown their way, no doubt. This lady is the love of Dom's life, his high-school sweetheart. They waited until they graduated from college to get married. In fact, the week after they graduated, they got married.

Alena is his partner in life. I love that he respects her so much and makes her wishes important in his life and decisions. He left the Wings in 2002 primarily because he promised her that they would move home to Czech with the kids, if he won a Stanley Cup. A year later, she told him that he needed to go play hockey again! Apparently, she saw how unhappy and unfulfilled he was, being retired. Lucky us! Thanks, Alena!

Thanks for the pictures, Sylvia!! xoxoxo

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19219 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Loo, I love you, but you can't sit by me if you have an octopus hat on. I don't want to have to dodge tentacles all evening. It was bad enough last night at the Preds game with the doofus behind me hitting my hair with his clappy fan thingie they were giving out.

#19220 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

Ah Loo, that should make your boo-boos feel better, seeing your lovely Dommie. I've been wondering what he's been up to.

Jenny, great pics...can I put them on my little thumb drive and keep them for posterity??? P.S. No one sees them but me...no one else cares about them but me.

And nice to see some long-lost posters come back and visit. Michelle and Sylvia, I miss ya when you're not around.

I found out the other day, don't send Terry alone to Wally World. He spent almost $30 bucks and brought me home an Al the Octopus pillow. It's cool and I love it, but I could shoot him for spending that much on me.

Edited by Kira, 30 October 2011 - 11:55 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users