• Please log in to reply
20649 replies to this topic

#19241 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

I've always wanted to try NaNo but I'm chicken. Good luck! If any of us show up in it, make sure I'm sucking face with Todd through the whole thing.:P

Good luck, share with us if you do get something accomplished. I think we all need to be characters in it. :P

Posted Image I was planning on using real NHL teams, but only fictional players. (On the off chance there's enough market for hockey-themed romance for someone to actually try to publish this thing.) I'll see what I can do for anyone who wants to make an appearance, though. Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19242 naranja

naranja

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

I stalk all to frequently as it is. My facebook friends have made me feel like I'm doing it too much.

Here is a picture of my niece and sister that live in San Diego. Sis made the costume and I'm the proud auntie!

Posted Image

Awwww, what a cute picture! The custume is awesome.
"Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation." Ritch Winter (Dom's agent)

#19243 naranja

naranja

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Some Pasha pics for our lovely Pat :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation." Ritch Winter (Dom's agent)

#19244 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Oh I love you! What a beautiful way to start my day! My dear Pasha...:wub:

Thank you for such a lovely wake-up! :D
Posted Image

#19245 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

Soooo it's Salei's birthday today.......just saying.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#19246 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Here's some Rusty in his honor.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19247 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Oh Linda...........

Dom Comeback?

#19248 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

oh, yes, please!!! What an amazing, amazing, amazing man my Dominik is. Nothing he does surprises me, but thrill me... yes, it does. He can and will do whatever he set his remarkable mind to do.

Anyone who thinks he couldn't compete and win in the NHL today is sadly mistaken. We should be so lucky as to see this remarkable human being on NHL ice again -- but he said he was done with the NHL. He is. I suspect he will be back in Czech for one last blast, perhaps with Pardubice again. I laugh out loud at those who suggest he come back to be a back up.

Not happening. My Dom is second to no one... not now, not ever. #1 or nothing. And he is most definitely #1 in this sport.

See what you did? You got me going. I adore Dom and always will. The wine I had this evening is not helping, either. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#19249 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

I love reading about all the stuff Dom's been doing in his year off. He's giving that "most interesting man in the world" a run for his money!

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19250 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Oh Hot Wing Ladies... Where do I even start?! LMAO over here!!! Well, obviously, I start here:

Posted Image

Ok now I really want to go....I'm going to have keep myself from going to this.

:huh:
Are you kidding me? If you were a TRUE AND CERTIFIED CHRIS OSGOOD STALKER :ph34r: Ms. "WizardOfOz30" and/or "Dawn"... (if that IS your real name) you would've already set up transportation, dietary needs while you're in line, memorized a map of this mall and gotten to know the owner of the shop. Half of our job is already done for us, we know where he's going to be and when!! COME ON!!

Dawn! You can't turn down a goalie stalking opportunity! What kind of example are you setting for the rest of us goalie-lovin' girls???

Don't worry, Jenny, I'll set the standard. My sleeping bag will be at the Motor City Gallery this weekend. This gives a WHOLE NEW MEANING to "black Friday." What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?! LET ME TELL YOU... it all started with a little thing called Training Camp... ;)

Dawn, you and Michelle need to go to this. It is almost imperative.

It IS imperative Pat. Dawn, Pat doesn't even faint when she sees Ozzie, I've watched the interaction! And she sees how imperative this is! Unless you are going to be in surgery, which is where I was the last time he made an appearance, you have no excuse. We will be drooling together as TOTAL FANGIRLS in TWENTY THREE DAYS.

By the way, does $10 for an inscription include writing, "Dear Michelle, I DO love you as much as you love me! Love, Your Hockey Husband, Chris Osgood" If so - TOTALLY WORTH IT

And yes, I know I posted only hours ago freaking out about him cheating on his wife. I still have no proof. Just rumors.

I found out the other day, don't send Terry alone to Wally World. He spent almost $30 bucks and brought me home an Al the Octopus pillow.

First of all, I also have this pillow... because I got it off a shelf that said "All Red Wings-Themed Merchandise 40% off." Long story short, it wasn't 40% off, but I had fallen in love with the stupid thing so I bought it. That was the day they were 5-0-0. NOW they are 5-5-0 and I am CONVINCED the damn thing is bad luck.

KRONNER FOR SEVEN YEARS!!!
f*** YEAH!

:banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot:
AMEN!!! And, thank God he's not hurt from that STUPID hit yesterday night from Koivu. Not like he would've milked it for a year like Crosby, but no concussion is something to mess with. And how come there's no news about Miller's attempt to kill Harding? I felt so bad for Miller! You could tell he didn't mean to do it, as soon as it happened he stopped before the refs even stopped play. I had to laugh, the whole thing just looked so ridiculous.

So... A few pages back when I mentioned the idea of a hockey-themed romance novel?

Jenny, I love this idea! How fun!! I know I would read it! I love creative writing, as if you couldn't tell by my long, dramatic posts LOL. And yes, I would love to be in it! :cool: I'm thinking some kind of love triangle between the soon to retire (BUT NOT YET!!!) baby faced goalie, his young protégé and the team nurse. :blush:

Wait, am I posting in the dream section again??????
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19251 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

NOW they are 5-5-0 and I am CONVINCED the damn thing is bad luck.

Turn it upside down before tonight's game!

Jenny, I love this idea! How fun!! I know I would read it! I love creative writing, as if you couldn't tell by my long, dramatic posts LOL. And yes, I would love to be in it! :cool: I'm thinking some kind of love triangle between the soon to retire (BUT NOT YET!!!) baby faced goalie, his young protégé and the team nurse. :blush:

Wait, am I posting in the dream section again??????

I think I'm going to run out of goalies for all the goalie stalkers in here! Posted Image Some of you are just going to have to be paired with skaters. Or assistant goaltending coaches, or executive advisers to the general manager, or something.

I haven't made much progress yet-- I was writing in 3rd person then decided it just wasn't right, so went back and re-did it in 1st person, which is working much better. I'm way behind where I "should" be if I'm supposed to average 1666 2/3 words per day. I've been kind of hung up trying to think of a good name for the male lead! I think I have one now-- at least it's good enough for me to proceed, but I'm not guaranteeing I won't change it at least 5 more times before I'm done!

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19252 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

Male lead: Smedley Mordecai. I was going to use it if I ever had a male child, but since those days are gone, you're welcome to it.

Any chance you could have a character who likes enforcers? I'll arm-wrestle for Mac.

Edit: because one letter can change an entire sentence.

Edited by 55fan, 03 November 2011 - 09:09 AM.

#19253 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

Jenny - you can always give me Lilja :P

Michelle - are you planning on going to see Ozzie? Part of me really doesn't want to go because I have nothing that I will pay $30 for him to sign. I'd go if I had someone to hang with, that way I could give him something for his birthday and have a picture taken with him. Even better if you get there early and get in line then I can show up later and get a few hours in work. I had thought about printing up a picture of us from the Toast but like I said that's far too much for a signature, if I needed my jersey signed I'd be there for sure!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19254 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

Loo, I knew you'd love what your dear Dommie is up to...and I would not be surprised to see him play another year, but I know it will be over the pond. The power of the mind is a wonderful thing.

Michelle, I know you will be camped out and waiting for Oz. And yes, I am pretty calm around him - it's Pasha I get nervous around. He's the one who can have a very powerful impact on me.

I don't know if Al is the jinx or not. Terry wants to know if you're sleeping with it and making it happy. He says just setting it somewhere and ignoring it, he's not happy. Who knows?

Jen, I'm not a goal stalker so you're safe with me. But if you have this incredibly sweet, handsome, sexy Russian, I might just be interested.
Posted Image

#19255 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

If in your story, a dark-haired brooding Swedish hockey player needs a love interest, I would be more than happy to play that part. Put lots of sexual tension in there though; we're both with other people, but we really want to be together, lots of back and forth flirting, but nothing over the line. Then if you want their significant others to be eaten by wolves, thus allowing the dark-haired brooding Swedish hockey player and his love interest to get together for real, that would be fabulous too.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#19256 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Eaten by wolves.....I like that!

#19257 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Dawn, do you think they would let you get in line with me at the last minute after everyone had been waiting all day? You can hang with me, it would be fun! But I would be worried they'd kick us out if you came later. I have my regular game-day jersey and an all star jersey to get signed. He ignored me all week at training camp, and don't think I'm not going to tell him that when I get there. If he wanted $60 for 2 signatures I would've done it then. Making me go out on Black Friday? To a MALL?! And I'M THE CRAZY ONE?!

I got all excited about this and then my in-laws freaked out when I told them I would skip the rest of November to get in line if I had to. I was kidding, but they do know me pretty well and they took me serious like I was going to skip Thanksgiving dinner and got all mad. So, I'm leaving it alone for a minute. I'll get there. If I have to pretend I was kidnapped I will. Which MAY have just turned into another plot in Jenny's storyline... and I'll "settle" for the assistant goalie coach. NO PROBLEM. ;)

You think they will let us take pictures? You mean FINALLY I'll get my picture with Ozzie? Oh my gosh. I thought I wouldn't be nervous because I have already met him, but I just got serious butterflies. Not good. I thought about the birthday thing yesterday. I didn't know if it would be dorky to get him a card or not. Good to know it's not, because I am all over that. Already have the present half made. (really)

Pat, I have been saving Al from the pack of hounds, which I thought was pretty good care. But, I have not been cuddling with him, or turning him upside down... So, I will take extra measures tomorrow. Obviously, I need to step up my game.

And please, PLEASE when the husbands get eaten by wolves, take mine too. He's been sick all week, coughing literally so much I kicked him out of the bedroom so I could sleep. He turns into a 5 year old when he's sick, with even the high, whiny voice! Please. Wolves. Yes.
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19258 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

I'm skipping part of Christmas Day to drive to Nashville, pick up Loo, and hang with her for the next 3 days while basking in the light of our beloved Wings.
My family were like "GO!" They're cool like that.

#19259 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

I am so cool with that, Kristi. I can't wait!! (((hugs)))™

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#19260 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Okay, so I need to include:
one easy-going, cheerful, fair-haired Canadian assistant goaltending coach
one Canadian enforcer with fists of fury
one dark-complected Canadian power forward with a dark past he'd like to forget
one sweet and sexy Russian playmaker with a smile that can melt the ice
two tall, dark, and handsome Swedes:
Swede A with a relatively normal background
Swede B whose first wife was tragically eaten by wolves
Optional:
one kidnapping plot of the assistant goaltending coach's wife, which turns out to be not quite what it seems

Any other requests? Posted Image Loo? Shall I include a Czech goalie with a warrior's temper and a slinky for a spine?

Michelle, your in-laws need to lighten up! Just have Thanksgiving lunch instead of dinner. Then you'll have plenty of time to camp out at Oakland Mall! They can do the dishes. Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users