• Please log in to reply
20656 replies to this topic

#19301 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Love the pic of my baby smiling! And Loo, thanks for the video...and thanks to all of you for the encouragement. It's tricky sometimes. I haven't yet learned the trick of getting right and left hands to work together, but actually the in and out part is easy - just think of a singer breathing between lines of verse, and that's when you make the transition. That part was the first thing I learned, and it just came naturally. So who knows?

Great pics! I should be so lucky. I got a few at the Griffins game the other night, I'll get around to loading them up one of these days.
Posted Image

#19302 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

That has got to be one of the hardest instruments to learn. I can sing, but I have no other musical ability. When we get around to having that campfire, you'll have to provide the music, I'll sing, and our resident author can read a-loud from her latest masterpiece....As The Hockey Puck Spins. :D

#19303 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

If that worked, here's HockeyFest 2011! My pics are clear because my husband bought me this freakin awesome camera so I could be the photographer at his brother's wedding. It has a sports setting on it... SWEET!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ericksson is a Hot Wing, not such a good defenseman, but a Hot Wing without a doubt :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19304 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

Both of my lovers in the same picture!!!

:D

Totally stole that one for later drooling.

#19305 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Karen! One of our boyfriends is out hurt!!!

Parros out with torn retina

We need to set up a rotation to take care of him.

#19306 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Good for you Michelle!! That's a great picture of you and Commie. That is such a sad story but with a very good ending...you have a lot to be proud of and good for you being willing to do things for yourself. I've recently learned the same thing, I need to take care of myself and be happy if I want to be the best mom I can to my kids.

I can't wait to see your picture with Ozzie, sure hope they allow it.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19307 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

OK Michelle, do you know how awesome you are to me right now? I am SO proud of you!!! I missed your post at first and just now went back to read it.

If the people that are supposedly the closest to you can't appreciate you, that's their loss. And they will have to answer for it, I firmly believe.

You and I will have to be each other's weight loss support system. I want to get down 2 more sizes before Christmas. And I'd love to be down 2 more by the Wings game in March. Yes, I'm planning my weight loss based on Wings games. :D

You and your hubby should come to Nashville for the March game. It's always a LOT of fun, with the crowd 50/50 Wings/Preds fans. Loo came last March and we all had a blast!

I can't say I've ever had to deal with the things you've been dealing with, and I can't pretend to understand, but I can say that you'll always have friends with us. And only speaking for myself, I am a Christian, so if you ever want to talk, just pop me a message.

#19308 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Michelle- Depression sucks. Yes, indeedy, faith does help more than we know.

Awesome pictures. You're a cutie so I'm sure they loved having their pics taken with you.

I will be moving my photo albums from my old computer to the new one tonight. That's my "project" since I'm down with a bad foot. No idea what happened. Saturday I was taking a shower and wondered what I had spilled on my foot. When I went to wash it, I found that it was a bruise, but it didn't hurt. Sunday it hurt. Tonight I left halfway through work because it was swelling and was hurting annoyingly bad. I have taken the next two days off as vacation days.

Stupid foot.

#19309 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

Michelle, those pictures are great! Love the action shot of Cleary. Mmmm, Cleary... Posted Image (For when I'm not busy with long distance goalie-stalking!)

Depression, I've been there too. Can I say I'm very glad the car stopped for you and you got the help you needed? It's wonderful to think of you climbing your way back to the point where you're now happy to do things on your own. *hugs*

Kristi, when we have a campfire, I'll read the scary ghost parts of the novel, so it's all campfire appropriate. Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19310 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

I dearly love that pic of my Pasha...what a beautiful way to start my morning. Thank you my friend.

Depression is a hard thing to handle. Take comfort in friends, and know we love you. And if you ever feel too alone to be alone, you know where to find me.
Posted Image

#19311 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

I got my 24 memorial shirt in the mail today. I posted a pic of it on my Facebook mobile uploads. Cried all over again.

Is that the #24 with wings around it? I've been looking for a memorial Lokomotiv shirt, but can't find one. KHL has one with the roster on the back, but it's in Russian. >_>

So I found this video the other day. It's Salei doing a fun little Q&A. He's SO funny!! I was laughing and crying at the same time. :wub: ... :crybaby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpyak_dr7Js&feature=feedwll&list=WL
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#19312 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ok...that hurt like hell to watch. Like you, I was laughing and crying. Todd on DWTS.....:D

And yes, it's the shirt with the wings around the 24. I ordered the shirt in black with the print in red.

If you find a Lokomotiv memorial shirt, let me know.

#19313 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Not hot Wings, but some hot guys doing their part for Movember. Loo, I know you'll like to follow this. It's the Holmes Group.

Uncle Billy was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year. Fortunately, they found it early and he was able to beat it. Junior rallied the guys this year, and Mike formed a team (mostly crew) to grow mustaches for the Canadian Movember fund raiser.

Check it out.

#19314 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Michelle, you caught me in one of your pictures! The one where Drew is smiling, I'm kinda hard to see, but I'm right by his chin/mouth. It looks like he's going to bite my head off! I'll have to check mine and see if I caught you.

#19315 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

I found some Lokomotiv memorial shirts...

Link 1
Google chrome can translate the site. ^ I like these ones the best, I just wish the names on the back were in English.
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#19316 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

It's been too quiet in here today... How about some pictures from '02-'03?

Posted Image

I love how the Calgary player chasing Pasha is like "NOOOOOOO!"
Posted Image

Posted Image

The goalie stalker's special:
Posted Image

Posted Image

This was Hullie scoring his 700th goal:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These two are obviously not from the '02-'03 season, but they were in that folder for some reason so here they are anyway:

Posted Image

Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19317 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

My goodness, that pic of Henrik, he looks like such a baby...and so does my Pasha. That's okay, I still love him, no matter what.
Posted Image

#19318 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

The goalie stalker's special:
Posted Image

This is a most awesome picture!! I love that the 2 fights are in there too.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19319 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

I had the goalie collection picture hanging up by my desk at work back in the day. The morning I hung it up, my then-boss walked by and saw it, and just kind of shook her head and walked away sighing. However, it did make her forget whatever she was going to yell at us about, so the goalies made the save! Posted Image

I should piece together an updated version that includes Howard, Conk, and Joey Mac. And then hang it up here at work and wait for people to give me a hard time about it. (This is not exactly the most hockey-friendly workplace-- fortunately my boss is a fan, at least!)

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19320 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Why not??? Brighten up the office a bit.

I was talking to an old college friend of mine today who works for UPS...he had to deliver a package requiring a signature to Steve Yzerman. Stevie thought he was just another autograph hunter and wanted to brush him off. So Russell faked him out and said he had never heard of him. "Don't you watch hockey?" "No, I don't." "I'm with the local team, the Red Wings."
"Are you a coach?" "No, I'm the captain."

He finally convinced Steve that the package did require a signature, so he signed for it, and my friend took off. He said Steve was kind of rude to him, thinking that the UPS uniform was a put-on. It really wasn't.

Gee, I wonder if he ever delivered a package for my Pasha??? I'll have to ask him when I see him Monday.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users