The Hottest Red Wing

• Please log in to reply
20656 replies to this topic

#19341 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

[/size]Are you kidding me right now? I can't even... comprehend... I gotta... go... to New York.
[/quote]

As long as he's back from his concussion there's always the Dec. 2nd game when the Wings go to Buffalo...

#19342 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

I hope Ian White's poor broken face has healed up by December 15. It'll be hard looking at that cute face if he's wearing a cage.

And poor Todd with his wonky head. He OBVIOUSLY needs a better nurse. ;)

#19343 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

Hi, ladies! I'm sorry I've been absent lately . . . I've been busy going to too many Wings games (like that's possible)! Anyway, I have some goodies to share with all of you.

First, I have to share my silly experience from last week. I went to Toast of Hockeytown on Wednesday night and had a special present with me that I was going to deliver to the proud new papa, but he was not out meeting with fans. I talked with different attendants that night to see how I could get my gift to Jimmy (and Rachel, and of course, Jimmy Jr.) and ended up calling the main office on Friday to see if there was a way to deliver it to him in person on Saturday. Unfortunately, outside of ToH, it wasn't possible. However, they arranged for someone to come to my seat during Saturday's game to get the gift and hand deliver it to Jimmy. Someone did come and pick it up, so I hope he and Rachel got a kick out of this little gift that I made for them. Here is a little outfit I made:

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Second, a friend of mine shared this video from training camp, and you'll see a few "local" celebrities in the video at 9:16, 11:59, 12:48, and 13:21. Warning: It is sad at the beginning, but overall a great way to get a taste of camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXOp5RaWpA&feature=youtu.be

Third, I uploaded all of my Toast pictures to photobucket. You can view them here using the password "lgwwomen". I didn't have a chance to crop them so they were just the boys, so please excuse me in all the pictures! :rolleyes:

Fourth, I have some pictures from the warm ups for the Nov. 3rd game. In the one with Ty in goal, I think you might see a familiar face hidden behind a camera!

Enjoy!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19344 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Love the pic of dear Pasha smiling!

Well, I had to have a little outpatient surgery today, and I have to go back on Dec. 8th for follow-up. Look at the schedule, and the boys are home to play Phoenix. So Terry says, "Well, I guess you'd better get on the phone tomorrow morning for tickets." :yowza: Yes, I get to go to a game - at long last! If any others here will be there, I'd love to see you!
Posted Image

#19345 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

Very nice pics :)

#19346 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hope all is going well health-wise, Pat. Have fun seeing the boys.

#19347 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Great pictures from the Toast! You look really familiar to me but I can't figure out where from.

Pat hope you have a quick recovery from your surgery.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19348 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I know why she looks familiar to you, Dawn. She's posted pics here before. I remember because she looks a lot like a friend of mine, only younger. Of course since the two of you have done things like this before, maybe your paths have crossed. That would be cool too.

EDIT to add:
I'm glad you commented on that, Dawn. I had skipped over the video since I was pressed for time, but now I went back and saw it.

Nice shots of Mac and his buddies. ;)

Edited by 55fan, 15 November 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#19349 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

Great pictures! The little baby outfit for JRH-IV is adorable, too. What a sweet idea!

Pat, I hope you're feeling better!

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19350 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Thanks, my sisters. Surgery went well, and hopefully there are no problems.

It's official - I will be at the game on Dec. 8th. WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Edited by Kira, 16 November 2011 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

#19351 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

Woohoo for both the surgery going well AND going to the game.

Yes, that is a cute baby outfit. I was telling someone about it last night and realized I forgot to comment on it with all of the influx of good stuff here.

I also love in the pic of Hank how he's holding up 2 fingers and still looks like he's flipping someone off.

#19352 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

I also love in the pic of Hank how he's holding up 2 fingers and still looks like he's flipping someone off.

Ha ha! I thought that too, and he was looking at Pavel and Lids when I took the picture. :D

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 16 November 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#19353 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Apparently they're a little bored in the Wings' social media office today. Someone found a website where it matches you with the dog you should adopt based on lookalike facial features. So the social media people ran some player pictures through it and got these matches. Red Wings and puppies on the same page? Someone wanted me to be happy today! https://www.facebook...=1&notif_t=like

I especially like how Babcock and the dog they matched him with have the same scowl. Posted Image And the dog they matched with Pasha looks so sweet!

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19354 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Great pictures from the toast and from the game!! I wish so bad I was 21 and could go!!! I don't think I'll ever get the chance to meet Nick!! :((( Oh, and I love the little Howie outfit! :P

1 problem, in that video, they spelled Salei's name wrong.... <_<

Edited by wingnut40, 16 November 2011 - 06:38 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#19355 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

I saw the doggie pics...I love the one with Pasha...needless to say, the eyes definitely have it!
Posted Image

#19356 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

Just got back in here after a few days. Whew!!!

Pat, glad to hear everything went ok and you're getting to go to another game!

Love the baby Jimmy goalie outfit. Hopefully he thinks it's as cute as we do!

That training camp video was really good. Loved seeing Mac and Aaron at the end!

#19357 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

How fun! So much great stuff in here lately ladies! I have been so busy at work... it has been out of control! It's so nice to come here and smile. I can't believe I am in that video with Draper!! I'm such a dork. Could I have said thank you any more times?! And I love how my husband just stands there, good thing they didn't zoom in or you would've seen the tears...

Pat, I am so excited for you that you get to go in December to the game!! I think it's hilarious that you plan your doc appointments around games. And the pic of me and Conks!! Miss Wing Queen, for the life of me I can't remember your first name even though I remember you from training camp. That made my day!! I love it. You do get really good pictures there! I think next week when I go with my inlaws I am going to stand there and see what I come up with. My husband says I could probably fill up the whole 4GB card with the warm-ups, and I said, "And?" He just shakes his head. I love your pics of the Toast. The only suggestion I have is next year, they gotta do this thing before (or after) MOVember. So Ozzie wasn't there? I called JLA and they said he was going.

Alright, I'm going to get to bed. Just wanted to check in, say HEY, and thank you all for making me smile :cool:
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19358 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

This is not Hot Wing related, but would one of you be willing to talk in PM a little? I have a problem that I don't really feel comfortable confiding to anyone I know offline, and I kind of need some advice.

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19359 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

You have to ask??? What are sisters for?

By the way, I'm watching the camp video, and about 2 minutes or so in, Terry and I show up. If you look in the background and see the guy in the wheelchair, that's my other half. The lady in the wheelchair is my friend Sandy and her hubby John.

Edited by Kira, 19 November 2011 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

#19360 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

I just got a chance to watch that video. That was so awesome! I'm even more excited about going up there next year. Michelle, I knew that was you with Draper and Pat what did Pasha say to you at the end of the video? Loved seeing Mac, Downey, Fisher, Maltby and of course Oz :wub: Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users