• Please log in to reply
20653 replies to this topic

#19381 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Oh My!!!! Thank you Beth :yowza: I love all of them but that last one of him shaving it such a cool picture, his eyes are beautiful.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19382 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Holy mother of squee.

So, this Thanksgiving I'm thankful for Nick's abs and pecs...

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19383 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

:wub: That's all I can manage to get out. Yes, I cried.
Posted Image
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19384 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Awwwww! So cute! (Both of you, I mean, and the whole picture, and everything!)

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19385 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

awwwww :wub: great picture!!! He looks so good :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19386 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

Lucky lucky you!

It's so nice to see them being human and stuff. :wub:

#19387 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Michelle, please tell me you didn't cry in front of him. Wish I could have gone...when you can please share with us your experience. I need to know everything you said and what he said. What did you give him for his birthday? And on that note:

Happy Birthday Chris!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBaby Oz :wub:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ok, I'll stop because I could do this all night. I hope he had a wonderful birthday today. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19388 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

Oh Michelle, you must be in absolute heaven...congrats. And don't feel bad if you cried...were I in the same position with Pasha, I would have most likely done the same.
Posted Image

#19389 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

Since Karen and others were lamenting the stupid words on that cover of Cafe Magazine Nick's beautiful physique is gracing the cover of, I present you with this:

Posted Image

No words, and if you look carefully (which I know you will), you'll see that his pants are unbuttoned. Enjoy!

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#19390 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

How did you do that?

Any way you could remove the pants too? No? Ok. Just asking.

#19391 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Imagining the removal of the pants is left as an exercise for the reader...

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19392 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Imagining the removal of the pants is left as an exercise for the reader...

Thanks for that image!

I want a man that looks like that..... :blush:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19393 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

How did you do that?

Unbutton his pants? Got him drunk and told him I was the President of the Button Testing Quality Control Board. Can you believe he bought it?

(As for removing the words from the picture, I found that image on Tumblr. It was uploaded by the same user who uploaded the scanned pictures from the magazine. Apparently, it was another smaller picture in the issue.)

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#19394 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

^^^ :hehe:

Nice Swedish eye-candy, Beth, thank you!! I often wonder if other men think Nick Lidstrom should be censored, so that they will look better in comparison. Or, so that anyone vaguely female will even notice them, period, if he's in the room.

I am thankful for Nick's abs. :blush:

Halleluia!

Edited by puckloo39, 28 November 2011 - 09:02 AM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19395 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

"All right, everyone ready to go to the bar?"
"Yeah, I'm gonna get me a hot puckbunny tonight!"
"Wait, hold on, guys, Nick's coming with us."
"Damn."
Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19396 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Ahahaha I love it! I closed down the window when Bryan came over and he says, "Oh, looking at Christmas presents, are you?"
Yes. Yes I am. :hysterical:

So, the Ozzie signing was hilarious. After the fact. I did not cry in front of him, Dawn, only after when we got in the car! You know how at Training Camp I told you ladies it took me like 90 minutes to gain enough courage to go up to him? Well, the problem with this scene was I was like #12 in line, and he signs FAST, and he was like 10 minutes EARLY. So I was really pushed into the whole thing. I am really shy! Like REALLY. I know I've met him before, but STILL, IT'S CHRIS FREAKING OSGOOD. So, I got up to the table and I am literally starting to shake right now thinking about it. OK, I walked up and handed the helper guy my 2 jerseys and Chris said Hi! And I don't really remember anything from that point forward. :blushing: I'm sorry. I really don't. The only think I remember is he was about to sign my Red Wings jersey with a blue pen and he almost had it on the number 0 and I said "WAIT!" And he looked up and smiled like, "What?!" and I looked down at the floor because I almost couldn't stand and said, "Can you sign it in black instead?" He smiled at me. He looked into my eyes and smiled. That is something I can not handle. I need exposure therapy. The only thing that is going to get me over this is more meetings with Chris Osgood. :innocent: My husband took over at this point. It was obvious I needed assistance. Chris asked me what my name was and how to spell it and I hesitated. AWESOME. Then Bryan asked if I could come around the table and get a picture and Chris said, "sure!" So I walked around the table and literally gave him the biggest freaking hug ever. And looked up at him and he was smiling that adorable smile and I looked over at Bryan and he was just laughing. Ahh. :wub: So there's that. Oh yea, in the beginning I gave him my happy birthday letter. I looked everywhere for a card, but there really are no cards that didn't make me look like a creep. So, I wrote him a letter about why he is the greatest. I did not include a key to my home. LOL. I hope he reads it. He said he wants to forget his birthday. I didn't know what to say to that. Of course, I didn't know what to say when he asked me my name, so... yeah.

Sorry ladies. I know it's not good. I need your help!! Since we all know now when Training Camp is, why don't we all plan on making this a priority next year!!! We need to have a Ozzie Support Group for me. The fall-out therapy group for after I make a fool of myself. Maybe if I had someone else, LIKE KIRK MALTBY AND KRIS DRAPER, to break the ice I wouldn't be so bad. Last time I was totally cool. This time I don't even think he recognized me. Which is probably a blessing, jeez. The problem is, two shy people make one extremely difficult situation, and I can tell he is worse than I am.

UGH.
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19397 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

Your husband rocks! What a sweetheart to aid and abet your obsession and be so cool about it all. You're a double-lucky lady, with the cool hubby and you got to meet and hug your goalie.

I would have done just about anything for the same opportunity, believe me.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19398 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

Only if I get a little support for Pasha...I get really nervous and shy around him, even though I try very hard to hide it. I'll help you if you help me.

Oh Loo, did you see my little note for you the other day? I have about 10 seconds of Dom caught on disk for you. If you want it, I'll try to find some other stuff to put on with it and ship it to you.

Edited by Kira, 28 November 2011 - 08:08 PM.

Posted Image

#19399 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

you all are soooo lucky, even your player who retired is still totally accessible to you. Again, hindsight is a great thing -- I just never had any such opportunity to meet and get a pic or anything much with Dom. Too late now, so enjoy your guys while you can! They're gone before you know it.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19400 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Or your goalie might be not re-signed, but you don't worry about it because you think it's just a temporary exile like Ozzie's was, and then next thing you know Sarah Palin injures his hip with her stupid ceremonial-puck-drop-carpet, and his career is never quite the same and he's way the hell in New England in the AHL.

Not that I'm bitter against Sarah Palin or anything. Posted Image

That said, I'm very tentatively thinking of a quick trip in which I'd just happen to get to see my blue-eyed goalie play. I was planning to go to Florida for the first few days of February anyway. I've got some Southwest credits I have to use before they expire. I could, instead of coming straight home, go to Springfield and see Manny play before going home. The Falcons have two games that weekend, so he's bound to be in one of them. And I want so very badly to see him play one more time before he hangs up the skates. So I'm thinking about it and wondering if it's just too stalker-y. Posted Image

I would love so much to go to training camp and be part of the support group! I hope I get to go this year. It's kind of unlikely, given what my work schedule will be like, but it's possible.

detroit-skyline.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users