• Please log in to reply
20653 replies to this topic

#19521 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

I loved Luc :wub: Back when I used to go to San Jose on business in the early 2000's, I would meet my Shark fan friend for games in SJ. The Sharks used to be sort of adorable ten years ago, until they started whoopin' up on us. <_<

Anyway, we went to McCormick and Schmick's for dinner one evening, when the Wings were in town... like, kind of hoping, you know? Their hotel (San Jose Fairmont) was next door, across a courtyard from Mick and Schmick's. As we went in the front door, a group of very tall and well-dressed men were leaving. Luc Robitaille held the door open for us. He kind of bowed and waved us through, smiling. My eyeballs were about even with his pecs, which was a rather nice view, in and of itself. :D

Mac and Shanny pretty much ran over us, but Luc was a gentleman. I recall that he smelled really good.

The next morning, I went to Starbucks (behind the hotel) and got coffees. My friend was still in bed at our hotel, so she missed out. Neener~ D-Mac was there, and he held the door open for me, smiling so sweetly with his missing teeth. I adored him, too, and told him so! He said was very happy to know that, and his side-kick, Avery, was laughing.

My one and only D-Mac autograph says "To Linda, You ROCK! love Darren McCarty" - I love you, too, Mac. :)

As much as everyone hates Avery now, he was a very cute puppy-rookie Wing. He cleaned up very nicely. I had seen him the night before the game, sitting alone in a courtyard area outside the hotel, so I went over to say hi. He was surprised that I knew who he was and so pleased with the attention. It was very sweet. I still remember what he had on - olive green silk turtle neck and darker olive trousers, with a gold chain that was worth more than my car (new), and gorgeous Italian loafers. The guy could dress, even then!

And those are my decade-old Wing stories. Haven't seen them much since, so I don't have anything to add (yet!)

:)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19522 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

Posted Image
Mighty Miller for Michelle :P

:wub: SWOON

It's a good thing I'm already sitting... I think I'm having heart palpitations...

And Kristi - is Cory checking out Drew's ass? That's MY job!!! :lol:

Posted Image
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19523 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

The very one! I'm so glad you were able to get it. I love how he looks so mischievous!

That picture of us actually turned out pretty well! :)

Team work! Since we were right next to each other. I think I posted the exact same pic of Howie that you did. And yes we do look pretty good. We should post in members photos and fish for compliments :P

:wub: SWOON

It's a good thing I'm already sitting... I think I'm having heart palpitations...

And Kristi - is Cory checking out Drew's ass? That's MY job!!! :lol:

Posted Image

Cheating on Ozzie I see <_< That's ok I do too :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19524 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

"It's not the pants that make your butt look too big." although in Drew's case that might be the case.

I love the old stories, Loo. I wasn't around here to hear about them. Heck, back in '02, I was barely even surfing the net. I had no idea there were places like this.

I was a slow bloomer.

<sigh> Luc <goes off to mushywushy land>

#19525 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

I am in training for the "three-legged race" with Bert. :yowza:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19526 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

As much as everyone hates Avery now, he was a very cute puppy-rookie Wing.

I do remember that. He had almost a teen heartthrob thing going on, with that smile and those freckles. I seem to recall a story about numerous teenage girls writing letters to him asking him to be their prom dates! I can only imagine the ribbing the poor kid took over that. Posted Image

I never hated him, by the way, just thought he said and did some really nasty things. He does seem to be redeeming himself more recently. I hope he keeps his head on straight.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19527 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

I never hated him, either, Jenny. As for his antics, what fun is hockey with no characters? He's old-school Tie-Domi mouth without the fists. I love a little bit of zany stuff on the ice, as long as no one gets hurt. I still remember a clip from 2002, when Avery was still a Wing ("A-Pup" is what Shanny called him, LOL~), the Wing were playing the Oilers (coincidentally, who we get tonight), and Georges Laraque was out there... skating back to the bench.

Avery skated past him, and mouthed off, "You can't handle ME, Georges...."

The look on Laraque's face was priceless. :ph34r: He stared at Avery like he was a squashed bug or something equally disgusting, but to his credit, didn't respond. Behind the bench, I saw Homer with his hand over his eyes, like, "I don't know him..." :rolleyes:

Of course, when he was jumping around in front of Brodeur, Avery cemented my opinion of him as a pest and agitator, extraordinaire. Too damned funny!! Mar-tahn is a legend in his own mind -- I thought it was great. LOL~

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19528 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Here's more from the game Saturday, this has my attempt at some of Kopitar and Pennar(?)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's Quick right after he was pulled. He went down the hall and had a tantrum beating the hell out his stick I'm sure, then he came and sat down.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ty and Ian looking at a replay of something...probably a goal :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19529 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

Oooh Dustin Penner is so hot...

Stupid, slow, and lazy....but hot. Thank you!!

#19530 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

Oooh Dustin Penner is so hot...

Stupid, slow, and lazy....but hot. Thank you!!

I can agree with that statement. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19531 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

I love looking at all your pictures. I can't wait till I go to the game on NYE. I will have White overload of pictures on my camera :)

#19532 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

White overload! I like it!

#19533 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

That's not really a bad thing...just remember the other guys too!
Posted Image

#19534 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

Oh dear...I'm not posting bail for you two, though I love you to death. You're on your own.
Posted Image

#19535 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

They have been disturbingly absent since Kristi posted about being so happily intoxicated... hmm. Maybe they stowed away in Todd's luggage? Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19536 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

I dunno, I left her in Nashville yesterday, got on a plane for Austin at 2:00PM -- and didn't get home until after midnight, but that's another story. :blink:

Todd was Mr. Grumpy Pants, but Kristi got a picture with him anyway. She may have gone home with the waiter at the bar in the Hilton... he was pretty danged cute!! :lol:

Kristi has the pictures, I didn't have a camera with me. But I am sure she will post 'em when she can.

Love you girls, have a great day!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19537 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

You're the single one Loo, you should have been getting phone numbers. One of those Wild management guys must have been cute and single. :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19538 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

In honor of Michelle's birthday today:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
OMG Oz and Vernon!
Posted Image
I say one of the best saves of his careers ^

If I were at home I'd be able to share some of my favorites but for now this will have to do.

Just remembered I have a few on photobucket so here's one last one:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19539 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

I'm alive. I just got home, without kidnapping Jimmy from Hawaii, our waiter yesterday.

#19540 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Jimmy Waiter was a handsome little pineapple, wasn't he? Thank you very much!! :sly:

You're the single one Loo, you should have been getting phone numbers. One of those Wild management guys must have been cute and single. :P

the Wild media staff are hotties, that's for sure. Coaches, mmm OK, Darryl Sydor still looks as good as he did as a Dallas Star when I used to go oogle him in Dallas. :P

The players, waiters and everyone else think I am their mother, or something. No phone numbers or such for me. Nope. Too old and not pretty enough to suit them, sadly. Oh, well... *shrug*

Edited by puckloo39, 29 December 2011 - 03:21 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users