• Please log in to reply
20648 replies to this topic

#19561 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

Ken Daniels is not a big guy either...and Ken Kal is a sweetie.

Hmmm....I wonder why Pasha has been so grouchy? Pre-game jitters???

And yes, take a puppy...no one can resist a beautiful puppy!
Posted Image

#19562 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Okay, so we use Kristi, Linda, and a puppy, and lure the boys to some deserted, luxurious hideaway... while Kenny Holland runs away in the other direction! Posted Image

Meanwhile, I'm VERY happy with the new-to-me camera! The zoom isn't nearly as zoomy as I thought it would be, but I got 79 decent shots, some of which are actually really good! I'm not going to post all of them, though. (Matt's server is breathing a sigh of relief as I type that, I'm sure.) I'll just post the best ones and then link to the Photobucket album.

And we can just ignore how many of the shots are of Jimmy Howard, right? I swear, my camera has a mind of it's own. Because I totally wasn't in a goalie swoon. Nope, not me. And I haven't been idly pricing Howard jerseys on eBay for my next jersey purchase, either. Nope. Posted Image

So first, here's Michelle and me with our game signs:
Posted Image

And here's me with Casey in his shiny new Datsyuk Moscow Dynamo jersey:
Posted Image

And now on to the GOOD pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The someone who totally wasn't me who was taking all the pictures of Jimmy managed to capture a series of shots where you can actually see his goalie-ness descend upon him. I mean, if you look closely, you can see him go from goofball-but-cute guy to STARTING GOALIE FOR DETROIT. It was actually really amazing to see:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goalie mode: Unlocked!

Something has Todd slightly alarmed:
Posted Image

Pasha thinks something is funny:
Posted Image

Mighty Miller is shooting the puck at us...
Posted Image

This is a great shot of Miller, but I'm highly amused by Pasha covering his face with his glove in the background. He's either gasping in surprise or making sure his glove smells bad enough to facewash guys with. Posted Image
Posted Image

Hudler flirting with the ladies, as always:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Hudler, Todd, and Cleary looking kind of like they're standing at a bar scoping out chicks:
Posted Image

Hank has a new short haircut.
Posted Image

Little baby Nyquist!

Posted Image

Posted Image

What's one more goalie shot?
Posted Image

The rest of the album can be seen here:
http://s12.photobuck...ues%2012-31-11/

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19563 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

those are FANTASTIC pictures, Jenny. You and Michelle look so cute! Love your captions, too... and Hank - my goodness, the barber got ahold of him over the weekend, jeez. His head is gonna freeze! Commie, on the other hand, has super-hair. I swear it's grown two inches since I saw him last week. :lol: 'Fro Alert!!!!

Bert is alarmed, because he thinks he sees Kristi in the pre-game crowd. :huh: Just kidding, Kristi.

Pasha was smelling his glove in Nashville, too. I have a shot of him on my camera phone doing the same thing, and he was laughing his butt off during warmups there, as well. Too bad he was crabby outside the arena. He was one of the few who refused to even look at us, and literally ran past us. :(

Oh, well, so long as he plays as well as he has, can't complain, I guess.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#19564 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Great pictures Jenny. I like those signs you had. Michelle, what was Drew's reaction to your sign?

I have a few pics from the Griffins game I'll have to get uploaded. Doug Janik is very cute! And I love McCollum, he was right in front of us during warm ups and I got a great picture of Bulwinkle on the back of his helmet.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19565 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

Bert is alarmed, because he thinks he sees Kristi in the pre-game crowd. :huh: Just kidding, Kristi.

Maybe Bert mistook someone's sparkly New Year's Eve hat for a deluxe shower cap. Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19566 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Only the best, you know? :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#19567 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Jenny what section were you taking your pics from? I was in 101 and some of your shots are similar to mine but on a slightly different angle. I didn't get nearly as much pics of White as I would've liked, and in the third period cause I was saving my battery life for the three stars and final score, White was looking into the crowd and then gave like a huge smile and nod three different times. Not sure what he was looking at since he was looking up but they would've been perfect had I caught them on camera.

Oh well, next game for me is when they go to Montreal, I'll have to go into "stalker" mode that day if I can get work off :D

#19568 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

We were in 128 for those. Just one section over!

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19569 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Casey has the same jersey I do...that's the first jersey Pasha ever autographed for me. It's the one that he asked me if I would like for him to sign. I had all I could do to squeak out a "please" when he asked. Great pics, by the way...I love the one of Pasha smiling. I'm still perplexed why he was so grumpy to Loo and Kristi in Nashville - that's not like him.
Posted Image

#19570 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

He was laughing his butt off in warm ups and played well... good enough, I guess. He sure couldn't get away from the dozen or so of us fans fast enough, unfortunately.

I missed Pasha, and Nick, although he apologized when he said no to signing my jersey. Some other fans had monopolized the little bit of precious time Nick had to stop for us by making him take pictures with them. He looked right at me and said "I am so sorry, I have to go..." :(

I am certainly happy with the time I got with other players, that's for sure! :wub:

Edited by puckloo39, 02 January 2012 - 11:41 AM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#19571 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Jenny! You didn't post the double goalie picture?!

Posted Image
I love this one, even if it's not in perfect focus!

My goal on Bobblehead Thursday is to be in complete stalkeratzi mode, and I will get some ridiculous good shots. Then, because they had a Twitter $25 special, and because it's on my "The-Sky-Is-Falling-In-2012" Bucket List, I am going to the Wings v. Sabers game. HA! I don't know how I'm going to work that one. Half Wings warm ups, half Sabers to get stalker shots of Ryan? Just wait until you ladies see my sign. I'm going to see if I can get someone to come get it and give it to Drew for me. Any ideas?

When Drew saw this sign, he laughed, but nothing like when Darren and Jiri really joked with him about my first "Mighty Miller" sign. Cory read it and told him about it, and he shook his head, smiled, and said, "Yeah, I saw it!" and continued to pelt us with pucks :cool: Somehow, yes, that does mean we've done our job of gaining attention! LOL!!

It was a great game, and always fun to hang with Jenny. My boy McCollum is now in Grand Rapids for awhile because I heard Pearce broke (or sprained) his ankle! Dang. 2.5 hour drive instead of 45 minute drive. :unhappy: Ah well. Have car, will travel. :rolleyes:
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19572 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Your boy McCollum did a great job Michelle! I'll get my pictures up loaded so you can see them.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19573 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

I like Tom McCollum...whenever I've met up with him at camp, he's always been so sweet.
Posted Image

#19574 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

When Drew saw this sign, he laughed, but nothing like when Darren and Jiri really joked with him about my first "Mighty Miller" sign. Cory read it and told him about it, and he shook his head, smiled, and said, "Yeah, I saw it!" and continued to pelt us with pucks :cool: Somehow, yes, that does mean we've done our job of gaining attention! LOL!!

He was seriously pelting us, too. It was kind of scary back there! The one picture where I caught Drew's puck in mid-air pretty much sums up the whole warmup!

Also, Casey has NOT stopped teasing me about my reactions to Jimmy Howard. And I blush so easily. It's kind of embarrassing. Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19575 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

I blush so easily. It's kind of embarrassing.

Are you kidding me? Have you MET me? When they finally come out of the dressing room for warm ups half the time you can't tell where my jersey ends and my neck begins... it's unreal! And it happens so gosh damn fast! I go from Glow-In-The-Dark-White to Red-Wings-Red instantaneously :blushing:

I'm glad McCollum is doing well!! He seems so much happier in Grand Rapids. I feel bad that Pearce got hurt, but I'm happy for McCollum at the same time.
"malts85" what is your "real" name? ;) I would love to be able to go to a game in Canada. The thought of "Hockey Night in Canada" gives me butterflies in my stomach. I swear in another life I was Canadian. I should have been in *this* life, too! Jenny and I have decided we would like to make the road trip to Nashville, ladies, so where are you sitting, and how can we get in? I've never been to an away game before, but I think the last Nashville game started out with a "Let's Go Red Wings" chant if I remember correctly, so I'm thinking it can't be that bad. We should be pretty safe, right?

(famous last words...)

Here Lies:
Michelle Osgood
12/29/1981 - 03/10/2012
Died Supporting her Beloved Red Wings
In Enemy Territory

Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19576 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

Are you kidding me? Have you MET me? When they finally come out of the dressing room for warm ups half the time you can't tell where my jersey ends and my neck begins... it's unreal! And it happens so gosh damn fast! I go from Glow-In-The-Dark-White to Red-Wings-Red instantaneously :blushing:

I'm glad McCollum is doing well!! He seems so much happier in Grand Rapids. I feel bad that Pearce got hurt, but I'm happy for McCollum at the same time.
"malts85" what is your "real" name? ;) I would love to be able to go to a game in Canada. The thought of "Hockey Night in Canada" gives me butterflies in my stomach. I swear in another life I was Canadian. I should have been in *this* life, too! Jenny and I have decided we would like to make the road trip to Nashville, ladies, so where are you sitting, and how can we get in? I've never been to an away game before, but I think the last Nashville game started out with a "Let's Go Red Wings" chant if I remember correctly, so I'm thinking it can't be that bad. We should be pretty safe, right?

(famous last words...)

Here Lies:
Michelle Osgood
12/29/1981 - 03/10/2012
Died Supporting her Beloved Red Wings
In Enemy Territory

:lol:

I was thinking of trying to make a trip to that Nashville game but now that Linda and Kristi are coming here I don't know that I'd be able to make it work since it's in the same month. If you decide to go you will have a great time I'm sure!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19577 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

What??? When is this happening? I so want to be there too!
Posted Image

#19578 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'll be in Section 115 for the Wings game in March. Can't remember what seat, since I ordered that ticket extra.

I'll also be staying downtown for that game. I have decided to ALWAYS go early and spend the night. It's so much easier!

#19579 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'll be in Section 115 for the Wings game in March. Can't remember what seat, since I ordered that ticket extra.

I'll also be staying downtown for that game. I have decided to ALWAYS go early and spend the night. It's so much easier!

are you going alone? :unsure:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#19580 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

are you going alone? :unsure:

She can find a date...maybe Mr. Hawaii from the bar! :hehe:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users