• Please log in to reply
20639 replies to this topic

#19641 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Funny story Dawn. Friday night, Andreas, Max, and some other guy left the hotel after dinner to check out the night life. They're getting in a cab van, and poor Andreas with his mile long legs gets in the back seat. We hear a bang and him saying "f***!"
He'd hit his shin on the edge of the door. I laughed at him. Not where he could hear me, but still. I had to turn around to keep from laughing in his face. I'm mean.

#19642 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Again, you didn't follow him? :P I would have been on his tail for sure, but then I'd definitely get the stalker status from him. Or better yet I could have run over and asked if he was ok, maybe he needs my attention to make him feel better.

I think I need to stop thinking....

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19643 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

We hear a bang and him saying "f***!" He'd hit his shin on the edge of the door.

This is why he was scratched!!! Cab injury! :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#19644 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Of course. Could you imagine if we got Zata, Flip, Lids, and 7 other pretty boys who are highly skilled to not count against the roster or cap?

Team: Deep
Fangirls: Shallow

How could you forget White or are you saying he's not skilled ;)

#19645 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

How could you forget White or are you saying he's not skilled ;)

I didn't remember offhand what his cap hit was. I'd add Kronner to my list. I'd want to sit down and figure who has the most pretty/dollar against the cap. Hank and Lids and Pavel have the high contracts, so they're a given. Mule has the contract, but I doubt we'd ever convince the league that he should get the "pretty boy" exemption.

This calls for an accountant. Preferably a stalking accountant.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#19646 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm not officially an accountant, but I did minor in it in school, and I do stalk hockey players hmmm.....lol

I still need to add my pics from the games I've gone too, I'll get around to it soon,

#19647 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

I am sure we can get Dawn to volunteer her services.

Deciding which ones are pretty.... what did you think I meant!! :scared:

:hehe:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#19648 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Well, I've never (yet!) stalked a player, but I am an accountant! So here's what I did. I got our boys' cap hits for this season from CapGeek.com, then multiplied each cap hit by a "prettiness factor" of 3 (very pretty), 2 (moderately pretty/rugged), or 1 (looks like a gnome).

So, using that formula, our top 10 guys are Pavel, Nick, Hank, Val, Nik, Ian, Mule, Jimmy, Ericsson, and Cleary. Posted Image

I saved my spreadsheet as a Google document, which you should be able to see here. At least I hope so. If the link doesn't work I'll copy my numbers into a post. Your prettiness factors may vary, but I think I captured the consensus opinion pretty well.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19649 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Well, I've never (yet!) stalked a player, but I am an accountant! So here's what I did. I got our boys' cap hits for this season from CapGeek.com, then multiplied each cap hit by a "prettiness factor" of 3 (very pretty), 2 (moderately pretty/rugged), or 1 (looks like a gnome).

So, using that formula, our top 10 guys are Pavel, Nick, Hank, Val, Nik, Ian, Mule, Jimmy, Ericsson, and Cleary. Posted Image

I saved my spreadsheet as a Google document, which you should be able to see here. At least I hope so. If the link doesn't work I'll copy my numbers into a post. Your prettiness factors may vary, but I think I captured the consensus opinion pretty well.

Nice, although personally I would've ranked Stuart at a 2.

#19650 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

Holy schnikes, Jenny! That's a table!

I think it's time to have to have another round of "hottest Wing competition". The last time we had it, Cheli and Lilja were playing. Lilja beat Homer by a point in the last few days.

I say, what the heck, let's go for it. We have new blood on the team, and here in the Hot Wings thread. I will go back in time to 2008 and find the rules and then we'll play.

doodaloodadoodalooda

Ok, I'm back from the past. Here are the rules:

Pick your 5 fave current players, rank them 1-5, give 5 points for #1, 4 points for #2, and so on until you have 1 point for #5. I'll keep track and add them up and give updates.

My 5:
#1- Kronner (5 points)
#2- Flip (4 points)
#3- Helm (3 points)
#4- Ericsson (2 points)
#5- Hank (1 point)
Hon mention (0 points)- Tuzzi, Lids, Patty Sunshine, Miller

Oh, and just to make it easier for me, no ties allowed!

Let's just stick to current players for now. It's hard enough to narrow it down to 5.

I think we'll run this through All-Star Weekend. Winners will be announced the next Monday morning. It will give us something to talk about. :P

Edited by 55fan, 17 January 2012 - 09:02 AM.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#19651 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

I think I fit that description :ph34r: But since Jenny was kind enough to make the table - great job!! Although, I have to give Hudler a 0 for his prettieness factor.

I'll think about my hot wings and cast my vote when I have them.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19652 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

Okay, here's my list...

1) Still and always, Pasha.

2) Patrick Eaves

3) Ian White

4) Justin Abdelkader

5) Drew Miller/Valtteri Filppula

Mind you, a lot of this is based on an intangible factor. But there's no disputing numero uno.

Kristi, if that had been me seeing Andreas, I would have gone over and kissed his boo-boo. He's still a hell of a hunk.
Posted Image

#19653 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Here are mine, had a hard time picking just 5 and putting them in order:

1 - Helm
2 - Howard
3 - Conklin
4 - Eaves
5 - Filpulla

Honorable mentions to: Kronner, White Ericsson

And the winner of the Weasel award goes to - - - :hysterical:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19654 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

If we are talking pure prettiness scale:

#1- Valtteri (5 points) - could seriously be a male model, if he wanted to.
#2- Helm (4 points)- movie star looks (with hands of stone, bless his heart)
#3- Kronner (3 points) - it's that smile :blush:
#4- Ericsson (2 point) - just plain handsome...the dark brooding Swedes have it - a la Andreas. :wub:
#5- Conky (1 points) - just a teddy bear and such a nice guy

Honorable mentions to Pasha (adorable!), Hank (would have done better if he smiled more often), Bert (old-school rugged, nice on the eyes)and Eaves (wash/cut the hair, dear)

Runners up: Ian White (looks too much like my despicable ex-boyfriend); Howie (The Boy Next Door Award)

All the rest get a nod, too. Hell, if they wear a Winged Wheel, they're gorgeous by default. Even Homer and Mule have their moments.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#19655 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

This is a good game! I approve of any game which requires me to review pictures of Hot Wings so I can make sure I'm making the right choices. But narrowing them down and ranking them (below my top two) was harder than I thought it would be!

1. Howard
2. Cleary
3. Pavel
4. Conk
5. Eaves
Honorable mentions to Hank, Helm, and Kronners.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19656 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hmmm....

1. Todd of course
2. Nick -Perfect Human
3. Ty -it's the hair
4. Val -He's just pretty
5. Commie -What? I have a thing for guys that are beat up!

Honorable mentions to Pasha and Ian.

#19657 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Oh, this is hard to narrow down! Okay, here goes . . .

1. Nick: Those pictures from the Swedish magazine sealed it for me. He just is classically handsome. Probably why all my Facebook profile pics are those with him and me in them!
2. Nik: Only wasn't #1 because you can't beat the Perfect Human. Oh, I melt when I see him. The smile is what does me in and the ever-so-humble attitude.
3. Homer: The sense of humor really adds to his appeal, especially when they make those blue eyes twinkle deviously. :)
4. Jimmy: I prefer his hair shorter, but he's got that cute younger brother look about him.
5. Patty: Again, the smile (can you tell I'm a smile girl?), and Patty sure knows how to use it.

I've always thought we are blessed with our team because there really is no guy on the team who is ugly, unlike other teams where you just have to say, "What happened to that guy?"

Runners Up: Zetterberg, Stuie, Filppula, Pavel, Ty, Helm, and Kindl.

And because I can't resist--

Top 5 Retired Wings:
1. Stevie
2. Cheli
3. Ozzie
4. Mickey
5. Shanny

Top 5 Griffins:
1. Brunnstrom
2. Smith
3. Piche
4. Nyquist
5. Pare

#19658 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Oooh retired Wings!!!

1. CHELI
2. Shanny
3. Aaron
4. Mac
5. Steve

I don't know enough about the Griffins to rank them. But I can name the hottest staff member! AARON FREAKIN DOWNEY!!!!

#19659 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

I love Aaron Downey, I remember when he was with Montreal, they announced their blood drive and I was like I'm finally gonna get to meet him, and then not even two weeks before it happened they sent him down to Hamilton, I was so upset. My cousin got to skate with him on the rink in Montreal and got his picture with him and an autograph and since he knew how much I loved him, he gave me the auto graph :)

Ok, back to the topic at hand my list of Hot Red Wings:

1) White
2) Helm
3) Zetterbeg
4) Stuart
5) Lidstrom

Retired Wings:

1) Downey
2) Maltby
3) Yzerman
4) Shanahan
5) Hull

#19660 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hmm...retired?

1) Aaron Downey...he's a hunk and a sweetheart both.

2) Ozzie...once you get past his shyness he's really a sweetie too. Just ask Michelle. ;)

3) Jiri Fischer. Those blue eyes are enough to send you into Swoonsville.

4) Igor Larionov. Say what you want, but there is something about him that just breathes class. It's no wonder he's Pasha childhood hockey hero.

Edited by Kira, 18 January 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users