puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

Posted Image

Slobber.... Emu :wub:

Love both of these guys. Yummy!!

I have a Sharks practice jersey with lots of autographs from 2001, when I used to go out the SJ for business. My friend in Cali is a Shark fan, so we would go stalking Guppies. When Teemu signed my jersey, he said, "Where would you like me to sign?" My response: "on the fin..." :D (of the Shark logo).

He smiled at me and said, "Oh, never heard that one before!" :lol:

I have signatures from Nabby, Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart, Adam Graves, Patty Marleau, Kipper (who was Nabs' backup at that time), Vinny Damphousse, Scott Thornton, Mike Ricci, Scott Hannan, and a bunch of others. Some Shark fan would probably pay me lot$ for that jersey!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19682 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Knowing your feelings for Emu and Flip, I thought you'd like that pic, Loo.

:D

#19683 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

I did love it, Karen. You finn-ished me off with that one! :blush:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19684 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Bad pun...
Posted Image

#19685 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

WOW I really need to check my home e-mail more often!! LOL :clap: This thread has taken a turn for the better!!!

...I got our boys' cap hits for this season from CapGeek.com, then multiplied each cap hit by a "prettiness factor" of 3 (very pretty), 2 (moderately pretty/rugged), or 1 (looks like a gnome)... So, using that formula, our top 10 guys are Pavel, Nick, Hank, Val, Nik, Ian, Mule, Jimmy, Ericsson, and Cleary. Posted Image...

You are the most awesome nerd I have ever met. And how DARE Drew Miller come below Huds. The dude is growing on me, he's got personality, but SERIOUSLY.

Hmm...retired? ... 2) Ozzie...once you get past his shyness he's really a sweetie too. Just ask Michelle. ;)

It's true. Ahhh... FANGIRLING AGAIN!!!!! :blush:

Current Red Wings:

1. Drew Miller

2. Jimmy Howard

3. Darren Helm

4. Cory Emmerton

5. Val Filppula

Retired Red Wings:

1. Ozzie! (Shocking, I know!)

2. Stevie Y

3. Aaron Downey

4. Kris Draper

5. Kirk Maltby

Grand Rapids Griffins:

1. Tom McCollum (without question, Jenny. This is not up for discussion.)

2. Gus Nyquist

3. Brent Raedeke

4. Joey MacDonald

5. Brendan Smith

Never Red Wings:

1. Ryan Miller (oh my gosh, right?!)

2. Mike Green

3. Taylor Pyatt

4. Carey Price

5. Steven Stamkos

You ladies just made my lunch one of the most enjoyable ones I've had in a long time!! :cool:
Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#19686 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

You are the most awesome nerd I have ever met. And how DARE Drew Miller come below Huds. The dude is growing on me, he's got personality, but SERIOUSLY.

Well, if we just invert the math, we can say that Mr. Illitch got a great deal on Drew, with a very high value of prettiness for relatively few salary dollars, but he's really overpaying on Jiri! It's all about perspective!

I'm probably over-nerding this whole thing. Posted Image

So, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I have warmup shots from last night's game, which I hope to work on tonight, but it may be a few days before I can get them done. Some were taken by me and some by Casey, after he took the camera away from me, because he's a BIG MEANIE who thought I was taking too many goalie pictures. (And I actually wasn't, for once!) BIG MEANIE Casey's pictures also include a shot of Michelle and me being apparently magnetically attracted to the glass by the power of Jimmy Howard's mental goalie warmup. Posted Image There's no visible drool, but I don't think I'll be sharing that picture, anyway. Because it was taken by a BIG MEANIE. Posted Image

And the bad news is that I have to postpone my trip to watch Manny play, for various reasons, partly financial and partly because I have a very strong feeling that CBJ is going to end up moving him before the trade deadline. (The original Florida part of my vacation is mostly non-refundable, so I'm still going on that, but the Massachusetts arrangements were all refundable.) It just seems better to wait for awhile and see if he winds up with a closer team, and then if I'm wrong I can make a trip out there later in the season. I am disappointed, I admit, but at least I still get a few days of Florida warmth in the middle of winter, so it's hard to be too unhappy.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19687 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

Bummer on not seeing Manny...I was hoping you could talk to him and let him know we still miss him here. He was such a teddy bear when I met him at camp.
Posted Image

#19688 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Happy birthday to my Old Man! Cheli turns 50 today!

#19689 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

I KNEW you would not forget this one! And anyway, it's just a number. It ain't the age, it's the mileage.

Happy birthday Chris! You're still rockin' it!
Posted Image

#19690 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Ooh, this is fun! Can I get in on the action?

Current Red Wings
1. Jimmy Howard
2. Drew Miller
3. Darren Helm
4. Todd Bertuzzi
5. Nick Lidstrom
6. Patrick Eaves

Retired Red Wings
1. Steve Yzerman
2. Brendan Shanahan
3. Doug Brown
4. Chris Osgood
5. Darren McCarty
6. Kirk Maltby

Non Red Wings
1. Shea Weber
2. Carey Price
3. Jarret Stoll
4. Ryan Getzlaf
5. Teemu Selanne
6. Justin Williams (not Jason)

Haha, sorry, I couldn't keep it to just 5. As for the Griffs, I'm not an expert in general, but I *am* informed about Gustav Nyquist! :D

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#19691 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

Well I went stalking today and I either got to the hotel too early or too late not sure. It was about 3:30 pm and as I was heading up I saw Babcock heading down and he looked like he was rushing but I asked him for a picture and he stopped to take one. It's not the greatest cause we were both talking to my cousin who wasn't familiar with my camera. Then I went up close to the doors and waited for about a half hour but no players came out during that time. We then went down to where the Canadiens drive in figuring well if they're going to walk to the Bell Center they'll pass us but we didn't see any.

It's too bad they lost but I'm not suprised, on Sunday I was telling my parents I had a feeling the Wings were going to lose when they came to Montreal.

#19692 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

So sorry you didn't have better luck. The Wings were due a loss, but not like that! Awful. I hope they play better for you next time you have a chance to see the Wings.

I miss hockey. :unsure:

What the Hell am I going to do in July? And August, and September?

I hate summer, anyway. Too hot, no hockey, wildfires... ugh. :blush:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19693 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Save our pennies and hopefully go to Training Camp!

#19694 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

Oh please do that! God, I'd love to see you two up there!
Posted Image

#19695 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

We'd have to bring enough shower caps for everyone! Don't know if we could spring for the deluxe ones though. :hehe:

#19696 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

We'd have to bring enough shower caps for everyone! Don't know if we could spring for the deluxe ones though. :hehe:

Next time you are in Nashville at the Foo-Foo Hockey Hilton, just sneak by the sweet little ladies' cart when they are cleaning the rooms, and stuff a bunch of DELUXE ones into your bag. Ta-da!!! :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19697 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Like it or not, he was a Red Wing and won Cups for us... happy birthday today to my beloved Dominik. He is forever young, even at 47.

Posted Image

I love him, then and now, even if most fans in Detroit did not -- merely enjoyed the fact that he won all the time. :)

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19698 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

Oh Loo, that picture gets me every time. Happy birthday to one of the most iconic souls to ever play the game.

I wish I could post the pics of Pasha I found over the weekend. Two absolutely incredible pics. I got them on Facebook but this stupid thing won't let me post them.
Posted Image

#19699 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

I hope he has had a wonderful birthday!

And I love that picture of him..... :blush:

#19700 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Very nice picture of Dom :) Bet he had a wonderful day.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users