• Please log in to reply
20653 replies to this topic

#19761 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Um... that's it? I have much nakeder pics of numerous Wings.

Case in point:
Posted Image

#19762 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'll take what I can get when it comes to Todd.

Thank you Dawn! It was nice to see those on my phone this morning. Made playing in the deodorant much more enjoyable!

#19763 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well, I can't top those.

Last night was INCREDIBLE! Loud, crazy, happy...high fives, hugs and tears. I'm so glad I was there and so proud to be part of history. Made up for the lousy day I'd had earlier. I have a few pics, and my friend Josi does too, so hopefully we'll get them together and post them sometime soon.
Posted Image

#19764 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Pat, I couldn't agree more!! Last night was fantastic! I couldn't believe the stops Joey was making and loved when they started chanting his name. I was so disappointed when they scored with 32 seconds left. I got some great pictures during warm ups and during the game. There are too many to post, so you can view them here. Here's to the streak continuing. Go Wings!!

#19765 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Great pictures Marianne! You must have paid a lot for that awesome seat you had. So jealous of those that were able to attend the game but glad you were there.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19766 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

Okay, I told you my day before the game was lousy. Here's why.

Bad news: I seem to have developed something called "Trigger finger". This occurs when the tendons and the bone fuse together, making it impossible to bend or straighten a finger or thumb. In my case, it's the left thumb. Can't bend it. If I try, you can hear it pop and feel it lock. Hurts like hell. Happens to musicians (that figures), people who do repetitive tasks, and mostly women between 40-60. That's me in a nutshell.

Good news: Can be taken care of with surgery. Couple of incisions, couple of snips, and done. Doctor says it's routine outpatient surgery and if all goes well, it won't reoccur. I like that.

Bad news: The hand could be out of commission for as long as six weeks. That sucks. But it beats not being able to use the hand. So Tuesday morning, I'm off to Detroit for surgery. Wish me luck.
Posted Image

#19767 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Good luck, Pat! I hope it works for you and that it will all be better and you'll be playing that accordion again really soon.

I had the most tremendous surprise today! I knew Jenny was sending me the Ericsson fathead, BUT that wasn't all! She also included a Kronwall one! That was so cool!

And that wasn't all! Dawn had sent me a PM telling me to check my mail. There was also an envelope from her. It had a pic of Nik nailing Havlat (you know the one) and it was signed by Nik! "To Karen, All the best" and signed by him.

I am totally floored. I have never had so much happiness in my mailbox!

You guys are the best!

Posted Image
Is this him signing my picture?

Edited by 55fan, 17 February 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#19768 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

Posted Image

That is your picture on table. He's listening to me tell him about you :)

Glad you had so many goodies in the mail!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19769 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Oh, look how cute he is! And Drew is just dreamy.

Dawn, you are something special. I love you so much for spreading the happiness, along with everything else about you that I love. (((hugs)))

PS - Dawn, I know you have lots of pics of your face with Wings, too. The pose in your pic above is the same view I have of me in most of my pics with Wings, aside from the one with Val. Hair! :lol: You have pretty hair, at least!!

Edited by puckloo39, 17 February 2012 - 02:05 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19770 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thanks! :) Poor Drew he was looking at that picture because I disappointed him by saying hi to him and not giving him anything to sign...felt so bad for him. But yes he is adorable too.

Jenny you're quite awesome too! :)

edit - forgot to add the picture

Posted Image

Edited by WizardOfOz30, 17 February 2012 - 10:45 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#19771 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Oh Karen, you are so blessed with luck! That is sweet of him to do that. He's such a class act. And if anyone deserves it, it's gotta be you.
Posted Image

#19772 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

well, you would know, Pat. You're the most generous, giving, thoughtful person I know when it comes to showering your far-away Wings gals with goodies we otherwise would never have or see. I treasure my little trove of DVDs and clippings you've sent me of Dominik. And the book you carried around at Camp a couple of years ago, with 20+ signatures? OMG, I never ever expected that!

I would gladly reciprocate and snag stuff for you ladies, if I had access to the Wings players. One really only needs so many autographs and meetings and then it's time to share the wealth. Like Dawn, nothing makes me much happier than to know I found something really special to make a friend's day/year/life.

Jenny, you're a doll to send Karen not one, but two hockey pin up boyz. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19773 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Well, I couldn't very well send Ericsson all the way to North Dakota by himself. Think of all the trouble he could have gotten into on the way!

Something about the juxtaposition of Nik's "All the best" on the picture of him turning Havlat into a HavSplat just tickles me!

Pat, I hope your surgery goes well! I'm glad it's something they caught early enough to fix without too much trouble, even though six weeks of immobile thumb sounds beyond annoying.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19774 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Totally jealous, but in a good way! Karen, you deserved all those nice goodies! What a great group of friends we have here. Makes me proud to know you guys.

Pat, keep us updated on your surgery. I'll be in Chicago that day, but I'll cheer for the Wings for you that night! Love you sweetie!

#19775 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thank you, my dear sisters. I love you too.
Posted Image

#19776 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

MLive has a very nice picture of our man of the hour Joey MacDonald:

Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19777 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

He's a sweetie, our Joey Mac. Here is an old pic of him in his earlier stint with the Wings. With his son, Camden.

Posted Image

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19778 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

He's always been one of the nicest guys. I see him every year at camp and he's always out signing for fans and being a charming person. I've grown to like him over time.
Posted Image

#19779 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Pat, just letting you know I'm thinking of you. I know your surgery will go well. Love you!!!!

#19780 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

Thank you, my friend. It's almost time to hit the road, so I'm getting anxious. I watched Monty Python last night to take my mind off it - "And Now for Something Completely Different". Funny how much of the dialogue I know by heart in some of the skits.

Keep your fingers crossed, kids.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users