That'll do it indeed! Lord, I miss that man... :(
Posted Image

#19882 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'll just leave this here without comment... because what comment is necessary? Other than Posted Image, of course.

Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19883 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

I love Joey. He is SO handsome in person!

#19884 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Anyone read the latest interview Pasha had with "Puck Daddy" on Yahoo??? What an incredible person he is...

http://sports.yahoo....-152127707.html

Brought tears to my eyes...some of you will understand why.
Posted Image

#19885 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

You know I understand, Pat. What a special, wonderful man Pasha is.

He is such a dear man, and so much more than just a hockey player. His dreams for the children remind me SO much of Dominik and what he's done with his money and legacy. Dom started and still supports programs in Buffalo (Hasek's Heroes Foundation, huge success with inner city kids) and in his home town of Pardubice. If Pasha needs help setting it up or running it, he can ask Dom!

They both came from poverty and played their ways to prominence -- and now they want to give back to the place they came from. I cried at the last part where he said the sweetest word in Russian was "mama" and in English, "believe." :crybaby:

What a lovely man. I wish he hadn't run away from me in Nashville. I would have told him so, and that someone in Michigan truly loves him. :wub:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19886 tiff_luvs_homer

tiff_luvs_homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Just popping in as usual to say my quick little "hello" to everyone :) Don't have a chance to get on here as often as I'd like. I always have to check and see if there's new Homer eye candy though. ;)

I'll be in Detroit with my hubby in a little less than 2 weeks, we are getting so excited! 2 Red Wings games and a Tigers game and more importantly some time with some very good friends :) Really looking forward to the trip. And just in case Homer comes up missing all of a sudden it wasn't me....

:sly:

Hope everyone is doing well! <3

Thank you TeeMan for the awesome sig!

"I'm a bad skater, you know but I don't need this $hit" - Tomas Holmstrom

#19887 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

Hi Tiff! Don't be a stranger. Maybe we'll add Homer stuff if you hang around. :D

#19888 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

You know I understand, Pat. What a special, wonderful man Pasha is.

He is such a dear man, and so much more than just a hockey player. His dreams for the children remind me SO much of Dominik and what he's done with his money and legacy. Dom started and still supports programs in Buffalo (Hasek's Heroes Foundation, huge success with inner city kids) and in his home town of Pardubice. If Pasha needs help setting it up or running it, he can ask Dom!

They both came from poverty and played their ways to prominence -- and now they want to give back to the place they came from. I cried at the last part where he said the sweetest word in Russian was "mama" and in English, "believe." :crybaby:

What a lovely man. I wish he hadn't run away from me in Nashville. I would have told him so, and that someone in Michigan truly loves him. :wub:

Loo, I knew you'd understand. The part that made me cry was when he said he'd love to have one more dinner with his parents. I don't know anyone who has lost parents that doesn't have the same wish. I'd give anything I own to sit down with this guy and just talk to him...but I'd probably either end up clamming up or sounding like a total idiot.

So tell me, what are you and Kristi planning schedule wise??? I need to know!
Posted Image

#19889 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

There was a Puck Daddy article this morning about Dom-- he's looking to play one more year if he gets a good offer. (Meaning they'd actually play him and not just use him for publicity.) It has a very nice picture of Dom smiling, too.

http://sports.yahoo...._medium=twitter

(I know it says he's 99% sure he'd retire if he doesn't get an offer this year. I don't believe it. Posted Image )

detroit-skyline.jpg

#19890 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

So tell me, what are you and Kristi planning schedule wise??? I need to know!

I don't think we know... we're at Dawn's mercy! :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#19891 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

There was a Puck Daddy article this morning about Dom-- he's looking to play one more year if he gets a good offer. (Meaning they'd actually play him and not just use him for publicity.) It has a very nice picture of Dom smiling, too.

http://sports.yahoo...._medium=twitter

(I know it says he's 99% sure he'd retire if he doesn't get an offer this year. I don't believe it. Posted Image )

aw, thanks!! I love and adore him, and he's got nothing left to prove to anyone, in any league. It's enough they compare every up and coming, athletic goalie to Dom and say, "That was Hasek-like!!" when they do something phenomenal. I don't believe he will play again, and admire his stance of not being used as a marketing ploy by some team. He will either play, 100%, and give his team his all. Or not.

Personally, I hope he retires. Then I hope he fast-tracks to the Hockey Hall of Fame, because I will be there when he's inducted. Even if I am only standing outside cheering for him... I want to be there. If he never retires, I might not live long enough to see him get the honor and induction to the HHOF he more than deserves.

I also would love to be in Buffalo when they retire his number -- which they most definitely should. To me, there is only one #39. Others are pretenders or courting bad kharma. :ph34r:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19892 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

If I was Dom, I'd go ahead and be the media darling and milk the check. You get to watch games from the best seat in the house and hang with the players. But he's a professional and I'm not. I can see why he wouldn't want to sit and watch.

I'd say he's about as sure of a bet for a first-ballot Hall of Famer as there ever was.

#19893 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Dom is a first-time, top of the ballot no-brainer for the Hall. It's as certain as Nick or Cheli.

Okay, we now have tickets for the April 1st game. So Dawn, what are your plotting and planning coming up with???
Posted Image

#19894 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

:yowza: You mean I finally get to meet you in person??? I am SO excited, Pat!! All these years we've called and mailed things and shared our ups and downs... and we're finally going to meet. I am so glad you and Terry are coming to the game when Kristi and Dawn and I are there. YAY!!!!

The Wings are gonna win, for sure. :blush: How can they not???

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#19895 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Geez, Loo, you give me more credit than I deserve. I feel like I'm going to disappoint you.
Posted Image

#19896 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

I don't think we know... we're at Dawn's mercy! :D

I can do anything I want!!! So Sunday is definitely Hockeytown Cafe and then the game. We can take the people mover or shuttle to the game. Do we know if the game is 4pm for sure? I always worry about those afternoon games having the time changed on us.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19897 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

As Terry and I are driving down the day of the game, is there any way we could do dinner after the game? My reasoning is that since Terry and I have to be relocated, we need to be there early to get the proper seats - and that means an hour and a half or so early. The shuttle will get us there too late to get taken care of. So rather than mess you all up, we'd rather meet you all after the game at Hockeytown for dinner.

And do we need to make a reservation at Hockeytown??? I'm just wondering if we should.

Edited by Kira, 24 March 2012 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image

#19898 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't think they take reservations...will try to find out.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19899 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Okay...are you alright with meeting after? I think it would be easier on everyone.
Posted Image

#19900 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Either before or after the game would be fine with me. Whatever works best for the rest of the group. :)

detroit-skyline.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users