• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Michigan Fans Confessional

Rate this topic

Ranked #3 in the nation. A team that has a weak defense. Can't run the ball. Can't put the ball in the endzone when it counts. 0 for 3 in the redzone. Poor kicking game. Beat in almost every category today. Just admit your team is overrated. It will be alright. Michigan needs a lot of help in their final game before the big ten season. Quit worrying about purdue or ohio state. You have to play your game first. Question is....can you?

The curse of the top 5 ranking strikes again! crazy.gif

The preseason rankings are a joke - my friends and I were aghast when they put us at #4 preseason (in the poll I saw). I would rather be ranked much lower and climb up if you keep winning...

I predicted this lost last week - Notre Dame played great vs Pitt and UM kind of plodded along vs N Illinois.

Carr needs to go - losing too many big games recently - time for some new ideas....talent is there - jsut need to execute...

I on the other hand, like carr as michigan's coach. But they don't have stuff that the best michigan teams. Those michigan teams were so defensive strong. They would have a ton of defensive players like charles woodson, ian gold, danhi jones, and ty law. Where are those players now.

And they always seemed to run the ball good. Anthony Thomas, Tyrone Wheatley, and even Chris Perry. Where are those players now. They had a great wide receiver too like David Terrell, Braylon Edwards, or Desmond Howard. They dont have a running back or receiver. An inexperienced quarterback doesnt help either.

Sorry, Tim, but you're sounding awefully ignorant here. Was Michigan overrated? Yep.

But they don't have a running back? Please! Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Mike Hart got injured in the first quarter and missed the rest of the game -- he's easily one of the top 10 RBs in the country. Kevin Grady, when all is said and done in his Michigan career, could be one of the best ones to come through the program.

Inexperienced QB? How's that? Because he's a sophomore? The kid got plenty of experience last year and I have no doubt he'll be a Heisman candidate in his Jr. or Sr. year. The kid is smart, confident, and poised. (Though he didn't look it today I would hardly say it was because of 'inexperience.')

What did Michigan in? A shoddy defense for the first 25 minutes of the game. STUPID mistakes...(Calling out Henne's bone-headed end-zone pass in the 3rd quarter that had the route cut off 3-yards earlier by the ND corner... The fumble at the goal line, the 2,412,421 batted passes at the line.)

But the biggest thing besides the mental errors in the 2nd half (when, realistically, Michigan started to slowly take over but repeatedly... REPEATEDLY... shot themselves in the foot) was the ineptness of the offensive line. I can't even begin to count how many times Henne had to throw it away or scramble out of the pocket to avoid the ND d-line's penetration.

Kind of reminds me of the Lions... You've got some great players at the skill positions, but everything falls apart if you can't get that protection at the point of attack.

Michigan has had trouble with the big games under Carr, especially early in the season.I have never liked him they are young and inexperienced, but they have great potential (Grady looked good except the fumbles)

biggrin.gif the running backs in michigan this year were hearld as one of the best running back cores in michigan football history. As this game has shown, michigan needs hart a ton in order to be an elite team.

As far as henne, I think a freshman or a sophmore should NEVER be a starting quarterback in college football. Too important position. Matt Guiterrez should have been the QB last year and this year. I agree. Henne might be a heisman quarterback in a year or 2...but in the meantime, his inability to lead the team to a win in the last quarter costed the game. Michigan had numerous chances.

I dont think the first half really killed michigan. They came out strong in the 2nd half. The big play in the 2nd half was the interception. Henne missed a wide open receivered and tried to force it to ecker.

I repeatly said that michigan blew it. I dont think notre dame really won that game just that michigan lost it. Your right..michigan shot themselves repeatedly in the foot going 0 for 3 in the redzone. Not scoring anything inside the 20 will kill you as a football team.

Am i a little overexcited that notre dame won against michigan?? Yeah....i am. I cant help it tho. I am not ignorant...just maybe a little aggorgant or cocky. This was a big game.

As for the comparsions with the lions. Please!! Lions have been this way for years. Michigan has at least made it to the promised land and been best in the country. As a lions fan too, THIS IS THE YEAR!!

biggrin.gif the running backs in michigan this year were hearld as one of the best running back cores in michigan football history. As this game has shown, michigan needs hart a ton in order to be an elite team.

As far as henne, I think a freshman or a sophmore should NEVER be a starting quarterback in college football. Too important position. Matt Guiterrez should have been the QB last year and this year. I agree. Henne might be a heisman quarterback in a year or 2...but in the meantime, his inability to lead the team to a win in the last quarter costed the game. Michigan had numerous chances.

I dont think the first half really killed michigan. They came out strong in the 2nd half. The big play in the 2nd half was the interception. Henne missed a wide open receivered and tried to force it to ecker.

I repeatly said that michigan blew it. I dont think notre dame really won that game just that michigan lost it. Your right..michigan shot themselves repeatedly in the foot going 0 for 3 in the redzone. Not scoring anything inside the 20 will kill you as a football team.

Am i a little overexcited that notre dame won against michigan?? Yeah....i am. I cant help it tho. I am not ignorant...just maybe a little aggorgant or cocky. This was a big game.

As for the comparsions with the lions. Please!! Lions have been this way for years. Michigan has at least made it to the promised land and been best in the country. As a lions fan too, THIS IS THE YEAR!!

Freshman or Sophmores should never start as QB? Quinn has already broken a bunch of records set by Montana and Theisman by the end of his sophmore year. Kinda kills that idea, dont it.

Am i a little overexcited that notre dame won against michigan??  Yeah....i am. I cant help it tho. I am not ignorant...just maybe a little aggorgant or cocky. This was a big game.

As for the comparsions with the lions. Please!!  Lions have been this way for years. Michigan has at least made it to the promised land and been best in the country. As a lions fan too, THIS IS THE YEAR!!

Freshman or Sophmores should never start as QB? Quinn has already broken a bunch of records set by Montana and Theisman by the end of his sophmore year. Kinda kills that idea, dont it.

I am a traditionalist that believes that you shouldnt automatically get the starting quarterback job right when you enter school. Even my spartans started Stanton young and i disagree with that. I would much rather have a quarterback get the job his senior or junior year.

Wow....... how stupid are you spartans........

Notre Dame is the most underrated team in the country....(i even said this before the game so don't jump on me)

and just cause you are accustomed to losing doesn't mean you have to make fun of us UM fans when we lose.......Do we do it to you?........no we don't...

Am i a little overexcited that notre dame won against michigan??  Yeah....i am. I cant help it tho. I am not ignorant...just maybe a little aggorgant or cocky. This was a big game.

As for the comparsions with the lions. Please!!  Lions have been this way for years. Michigan has at least made it to the promised land and been best in the country. As a lions fan too, THIS IS THE YEAR!!

I am a traditionalist that believes that you shouldnt automatically get the starting quarterback job right when you enter school. Even my spartans started Stanton young and i disagree with that. I would much rather have a quarterback get the job his senior or junior year.

Your an idiot........

The ONLY reason Henne is starting is cause Gutieriez screwed up his shoulder before the first game......

It Gutierez didn't mess his shoulder he would be starting right now......

Notre Dame is the most underrated team in the country....(i even said this before the game so don't jump on me)

and just cause you are accustomed to losing doesn't mean you have to make fun of us UM fans when we lose.......Do we do it to you?........no we don't...

michigan loses less frequently than michigan state.

the part that i went slightly overboard was reminding posters like you that you perdicted that wolverines would walk all over the irish on the way to a perfect season and a national championship.

It Gutierez didn't mess his shoulder he would be starting right now......

I don't believe that for a second. I've never, ever been impressed with Gutierrez and when you've got a stud QB like Henne that's right there, I'd go with him. It's 100% against Carr's mantra, but Henne is *clearly* the best QB they've got. It's not even close.

About UM's running game: Grady will get better as the season goes on. Hart started the same way last year (though it was RB-by-committee early on until Hart seperated himself from the back). The Wolverines need Hart, of course, but nothing will matter if the O-line doesn't open up.

(I never thought UM was out of it after the 1st half -- not even close. I thought opening up with a strong drive in the 2nd half would help set the tone. For the most part, the offense didn't have a difficult moving the ball in the 2nd half, they just had their brains implode near or in the red zone.)

I don't believe that for a second. I've never, ever been impressed with Gutierrez and when you've got a stud QB like Henne that's right there, I'd go with him. It's 100% against Carr's mantra, but Henne is *clearly* the best QB they've got. It's not even close.

About UM's running game: Grady will get better as the season goes on. Hart started the same way last year (though it was RB-by-committee early on until Hart seperated himself from the back). The Wolverines need Hart, of course, but nothing will matter if the O-line doesn't open up.

(I never thought UM was out of it after the 1st half -- not even close. I thought opening up with a strong drive in the 2nd half would help set the tone. For the most part, the offense didn't have a difficult moving the ball in the 2nd half, they just had their brains implode near or in the red zone.)

i thought michigan was going to win after they scored on the manningham touchdown. I was with my brother watching the game (brother michigan fan). After the touchdown, I was like. "i have seen this before. This is where they come back". I thought of the minnesota game 2 years ago and the state game last year. For the most part they should have. Notre Dame gave them tons of chances inside the 20 yards line.

The turning point in the game was the early interception. had michigan scored on that opening drive. It would have set the tone for the 2nd half.

Yes, Michigan fans do make fun of MSU when the Spartans lose. For you to say you don't is a ludicrous statement.

Guiterrez would have been QB last year, but he got hurt before the first game.

Tell me Henne performance last year ever warranted Matt getting back in ahead of him?

Hart started better.

Grady has fumbled the ball twice in key situations in his first two games at Michigan.

Hart has never fumbled the ball at Michigan in any situation.

Grady needs to find his handle and soon.

As for the red zone..

Am I the only one who rewound the Tivo with 6:01 left in the fourth?

As for the red zone..

Am I the only one who rewound the Tivo with 6:01 left in the fourth?

Nopw you were not..........

i almost went insane when they didn't give henne the TD.......

even the guys doing the game said that he went in......

Yep, the most winningest college football team is over-rated, Hart and Grady suck and Henne can't do crap rolleyes.gif....please stop watching college football or at least read up on it before you open your mouth. Henne is already in Michigans record book (as a freshman mind you) and Hart is considered the best sophmore running back in the nation. They don't need Hart to win they just need to play smarter and better. They were missing their best player on the o-line and Massaqui was out as well. Besides EVERYONE knows that Michigans D isn't that good and it showed yesterday, how many 3rd and longs did ND convert? A bunch.

The only thing over-rated is Lloyd Carr, he's gotta grow some balls and be more aggressive. Look what happened in the last quarter when they had to get aggressive, hmmmmm, they almost won that game.

*EDIT* "Am i a little overexcited that notre dame won against michigan?? Yeah....i am. I cant help it tho. I am not ignorant...just maybe a little aggorgant or cocky. This was a big game." The moment you stated that Michigan doesn't have a reciever, running back, or a quarterback made you extremely ignorant...

Edited by dallas27

Yep, the most winningest college football team is over-rated, Hart and Grady suck and Henne can't do crap rolleyes.gif....please stop watching college football or at least read up on it before you open your mouth. Henne is already in Michigans record book (as a freshman mind you) and Hart is considered the best sophmore running back in the nation. They don't need Hart to win they just need to play smarter and better. They were missing their best player on the o-line and Massaqui was out as well. Besides EVERYONE knows that Michigans D isn't that good and it showed yesterday, how many 3rd and longs did ND convert? A bunch.

The only thing over-rated is Lloyd Carr, he's gotta grow some balls and be more aggressive. Look what happened in the last quarter when they had to get aggressive, hmmmmm, they almost won that game.

*EDIT* "Am i a little overexcited that notre dame won against michigan?? Yeah....i am. I cant help it tho. I am not ignorant...just maybe a little aggorgant or cocky. This was a big game." The moment you stated that Michigan doesn't have a reciever, running back, or a quarterback made you extremely ignorant...

against a team that the coach is told "your career here hinges on this game, you get blown out you don't come back" (I know it's not exactly that, but pretty close)rivalry games mean more than non rivalry.

when did i ever say that michigan didnt have a quarterback. what i said was michigan shouldnt have started henne as a freshman quarterback. I also didnt say that michigan didnt have a receiver. What i said is michigan normally has a go-to guy receiver like terrell, howard, or edwards. This year they dont have that right now.

I think henne is an overrated quarterback because last year edwards was such an outstanding wide receiver. No one could match up with edwards and a lot of passes towards the end zone, you simply throw the ball up high and braylon would get it.

I think Henne will struggle this year but by next year with him and breaston a year more experienced as well as their young receivering core, michigan will have a strong passing game. However, this year...might be kinda ugly.

Hart did get injuried and grady did take most of the carries since the injury. Michigan needs hart badly as this game should have shown you. To say that michigan doesnt need hart is crazy. Without him, michigan will have some problems with a good defense.

And lastly, I supported llyod carr. I think with him as coach, he has taken michigan to another level above the bo era. Michigan won a national championship under carr. He had to be doing something right then.

Michigan is overrated this year. For a team that could very easily be 4th in the big ten, having them ranked #3 in the country is wayyyyyyyyyyy too high. I think Michigan will finish 3rd in the big ten and go to the outback bowl this year.

eva unit zero...redwings1914...

The game was not won or lost based on that play. Michigan had more than one possesion to put the ball in the endzone. Michigan lost the game based on going 0 for 3 in the redzone.

And the game was decided by a 7 point margin.

The 'non-touchdown' play was followed by a goal line fumble and touchback. ND started their drive with the ball on the 20.

Just about all of Michigan's kicks this season have been sending the ball into or through the EZ.

So it's not unreasonable to suggest the game could have gone just as well or better for Michigan from there on out.

It goes at least to OT if that call isn't missed, and considering the time left on the clock, Michigan has a chance for another drive.