• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

NFL Talk

Rate this topic

Many I love waking up on a sunday morning knowing there is nfl football today. I can't wait for the lions-packers game later today. If the lions are a completely changed team and playoff bound, what better way to start their season against brett favre and the packers.

Go Lions!!!

Edited by timothy1997

WOW!! What a great way for the Lions season to begin. Defense was solid holding the Packers to just 3 points. Green Bay helped the lions with tons of penalties and turnovers. Kinda scary with Jason Hanson getting hurt. Hope he is ok.

Bears lost, Vikings lost, Packers lost....so the Lions ARE IN FIRST PLACE!!! Not sure how long they can keep saying that, but it is nice to say that for a change.

Can't really complain....but you can....Green Bay nearly GAVE that game to Detroit. Defense did play rather well and the offense was OK. Considering GB defense really sucks I was expecting a little bit more....the game was reaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy booooring to watch. 1st place and Joey and co. didn't look too shabby, they are gonna have to play better to take the division though.

http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/drew12e_20050912.htm

Can't really complain....but you can....Green Bay nearly GAVE that game to Detroit. Defense did play rather well and the offense was OK. Considering GB defense really sucks I was expecting a little bit more....the game was reaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy booooring to watch. 1st place and Joey and co. didn't look too shabby, they are gonna have to play better to take the division though.

http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/drew12e_20050912.htm

no one said the divison would be won on one game. However, when you consider the play of the team in the recent years and the preseason, this team looked totally different.

Lions got to do better playcalling. Going for a draw on 3rd and long was totally questionable.

Lions got to take advantage of the big receivers they have. Harrington should throw for 250 every game.

The part i did like the most about the play was discpline in not having that many penalties and no turnovers. Overall, I would great that game a "B" for the lions. "C" on offense and "A-" on defense. Great game.

The regular season really doesnt mean squat at this point. All roads go through New England until someone can knock them off in the playoffs.

We owe the Patriots two for 01 and last year. I figure this year the Burgh will run into the Colts in the playoffs. Fear for your life Peyton Manning.

The Colts and Steelers both havent been able to get over the New England hump. At least Pittsburgh can beat them in the regular season. I dont think Big Ben will be making as many rookie mistakes this year though.

Look out for Fast Willie baby!

The regular season really doesnt mean squat at this point. All roads go through New England until someone can knock them off in the playoffs.

We owe the Patriots two for 01 and last year. I figure this year the Burgh will run into the Colts in the playoffs. Fear for your life Peyton Manning.

The Colts and Steelers both havent been able to get over the New England hump. At least Pittsburgh can beat them in the regular season. I dont think Big Ben will be making as many rookie mistakes this year though.

Look out for Fast Willie baby!

any word yet on if parker is going to be the back all year or when staley and bettis get back, will willie get put on the bench?

Its his spot for now. He is starting next week v the Texans and if he does what he did this week he will start the following week v the Patriots. Cowher would be smart to get Willie get as much time as possible. The less he has to rely on Duce and The Bus the less those two big cats are wore out in December and January when defenses are beat up. Then Cowher can play power ball and jam the ball down their throats with the big backs and use Willie as a change of pace back.

The story really is Big Ben. He went 5-5 on his first drive and only had to make 2 passes in the 2nd half. If Ben is accurate and eliminates his overthrows and early game mistakes this year will be very interesting. No sophomore jinx baby. The team is freaking loaded with talent. As long as the media keeps pumping Manning and Brady, we'll fly in under the radar again and handle business.

The playoffs will be a major collision course. The fight for 1-2-3 in the AFC between Indy-NE-PIT will be a huge story if all 3 do what they did last year. I see no reason why those 3 teams wont be the top 3 in any order and they all play each other in the regular season.

plus..only 2 teams get a bye week in the playoffs. Whatever team finishes in 3rd will have to fight its way even more with an added game plus being the road team in the AFC divisonal round.

I see some changing of the guard in the AFC this year. Indy can beat New England...just as long as the game is not in Foxboro. This year, I think the game will be in Indy and this is when the colts will finally advance over the pats. Indy and Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship.

Its all wishful thinking at this point. I dont want to play Indy. Thats not a knock on Indy or that Pittsburgh couldnt beat Indy. I want the Pats, AGAIN, in Pittsburgh, scene of 2 crimes.

Turnovers (and a punt return penalty) in both AFC title game losses hurt Pittsburgh v NE. This team is better than last year's. The record won't reflect it at the end of the regular season. But the playoffs should.

of course its all wishful thinking.

Speaking of rematches of conference championships, how bout atlanta making a statement against philadelphia last night. WOW! The Falcons are going to be a force this year. Vick took control of that game both by running AND passing. Both teams looked pretty good too. Good tackling game. Won't be surprised to see those two teams match up again.

The NFC is a complete after-thought. The Eagles are NOT as good as advertised. The Falcons have speed, but if you make Vick beat you with his arm they are going to have problems scoring. Easier said than done with Mike Vick.

damn. what a difference a week makes for the lions. They look completely pathetic today. And this is against a team that we really if we have taken the next step, should be able to beat. Bye week couldnt have come at a better time for the lions.

FIVE (5) picks by Joey Ballgame, one of them was Roy's fault but that still leaves 4 for him...he also could not hand the ball off correctly on one play as well today. As the announcer said let's just hope it was one of "those days" for Joey, I'm not quite sure it is but I'm hoping that it is. Chicago doesn't have the horrendous defense that Green Bay has but I didn't expect them to do that bad. They are reverting back to last years gameplan, stop the run attack....for how much Mooch stresses a good run attack is needed they sure do give up on it easily. Get rid of Millen, Mooch, the Fords, and Joey and start clean...unfortunately none of that is going to happen.

Wow... did Detroit ever look s***ty. Without Garcia breathing down his neck, how easily does Joey just stroll out to the field and throw 5 INTs? Ridiculous.

And here's Mooch, trying to execute a goddamn run play on 2nd and 17. Absurd. There must've been a dozen plays today where I was thinking, "And what the f**k was the purpose of that?"

The offense could not run, nor catch, the defense was shredded.

At least Eddie Drummond had a nice run. rolleyes.gif

Licking my chops for Sunday....bring on the two-time defending champs

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

Bill Belichick, meet FAST WILLIE PARKER!

at the last minute, i benched kevin jones and started willie parker. Good move. He got me 11 fantasy football points.

Also had steelers defense and they helped me out too.

I'd start Willie this weekend too...I expect the Pats to put some points on the board. Probably between 17-24 points against the Steelers D. Should be a good game but the Pats run D is SUSPECT this year without their middle linebackers (Bruschi & Johnson).

Now that everyone knows about our secret weapon Willie Parker, we need to unleash our first round draft pick this game and beat the Pats up over the middle of the field. Watch for Heath Miller to have a good game this weekend.

Winning this game in the regular season doesnt make up for 2 home playoff losses in AFC title games though. Giving the Pats a 1-2 record definitely helps the cause.