• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaKineMaui

05-06 MINIMUM Expectations?

Rate this topic

What end-results would satisfy you, after the last game is played?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I'd be happy to just watch the Wings in the race to the playoffs around March. That would constitute a job well done in the first year of all these changes.

Maybe I'm just too easy - Maybe I'm nuts for thinking this squad can compete?

OK - Your turn............

The Cup.

The team we have is perfectly capable of doing it and stacks up with anyone else at every position. We have one of the best coaches, great, versatile forwards who can score and play defense, one of the best defense units, and two excellent goaltenders.

This team will go out and win the division handily like it always has.

It will follow by smoking through the playoffs.

And all the 90% of hockey fans who have said the Wings are done because of who they don't have back? They will get to eat their words.

The regular season is all about the enjoyment of a (hopefully) faster game, watching our aging veterans playing for pride and the development of their heir apparents.

All I want is for Stevie Y. to give one more kick in the can ('cause we all know Detroit had as good a chance as any in 2004 until Stevie went down) during the playoffs.

I said 'other' because I really don't care what I want. I want them to go furthur in the playoffs than in 2004, but I don't want to be upset for them if they lose early. Then again, I don't want to be upset if they don't even make the playoffs.

I think another Presidents trophy would be nice (am I the only one who likes those?).

Of course I want them to win, win, win, but people are so ignorant to forget that there are 29 other teams fighting just as hard as we are.

My MINIMUM expectation is that they get into the playoffs. I would be very pleased if they got far into the playoffs, and then of course the cup. As long as the have a good playoff run I'll be happy.

Over 1/2 way through now.

Anybody changed their minds?

I'm now expecting a first round exit. Wings will be frustrated by an opponent that checks hard and doesn't get whistled for it. It's not an original idea, which makes it all the more sad.

aloha

I put other. I'll be tremendously, tremendously disappointed to watch the Wings exit the playoffs and know I'll have to wait til next year for the next Cup run....and meantime, watch some other team celebrate.

At the outset of every playoff series, I expect the Wings to win the series.

But....lemme put it like this...

Every year, I expect the Wings to win the Cup, but I don't expect them to win the Cup every year,

Make sense? Means, if I can still explain it in few enough words, that going into each year and going into each playoffs and each playoff series, I expect the Wings to win it all. But big picture, I realize it's unrealistic to expect them to win the Cup year in and year out.

Besides, I don't want to. What makes winning special if you win every damn year? The best I can ask for, long term, is that they make the playoffs most years, and usually be legit contenders for the Cup. They already give us more than that.

The reason why the Wings are one of the most hated teams is because they are contenders almost every year.

This year is no exception, and I expect them to go through at least a round or two fo playoffs. I'd love the Cup, but I don't expect it.

I just found this thread..

I can't seriously believe that ANYONE expects anything less than the Cup.. realistic or not. That's what you play this game for.. and we are blessed to have a Cup Contender here! Oh my!