• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TNBT

Kyle Quincey

Rate this topic

I was just wondering how much longer it will be until we see this kid in the NHL?

To me he looks like he could make it reasonably well with the Wings. He's a hard worker and he plays a smart game. While I would rather he be a bit bigger and more physical, I still think that he will be a productive player.

So I was wondering how long it will be until we see him get a shot at the NHL?

I was just wondering how much longer it will be until we see this kid in the NHL?

To me he looks like he could make it reasonably well with the Wings. He's a hard worker and he plays a smart game. While I would rather he be a bit bigger and more physical, I still think that he will be a productive player.

So I was wondering how long it will be until we see him get a shot at the NHL?

He will be playing in Grand Rapids this season, so if he has a really good solid season down there then he would be alot closer than he is now.

He was drafted in 2003, so it could be a while. It usually takes a while for d-men to develope, especially a mid round pick. I agree with Hatcher, If he plays well in GR then we could see him sooner rather than later. My guess is he's still about 2 years away.

Thanks for the info.

I saw that he was still pretty young and wasn't drafted that long ago, but I was hoping that we may see him sooner rather than later.

So if he has 2 pretty solid seasons in Grand Rapids, you think he will be here?

Thanks for the info.

I saw that he was still pretty young and wasn't drafted that long ago, but I was hoping that we may see him sooner rather than later.

So if he has 2 pretty solid seasons in Grand Rapids, you think he will be here?

If he has 2 solid seasons he will be knocking on the door.

Quincey should join the Wings in 07-08.

As it stands right now for next year, Schneider/Fischer/Kronwall are under contract. likely two of Lilja/Rivers/Delmore are retained--Rivers is the oldest, I expect him to be the one cut loose. Helmer will likely not be resigned, same for Lebda. Chelios will almost certainly be gone.

Lidstrom is probably 60-40 or so to return.

So Schneider, Fischer, Kronwall, Lilja come back. That's four of seven returnees. Delmore replaces Rivers. Lidstrom may return, making a fifth returnee. Deek Meech in his contract year likely would rotate into the defensive pairings with Delmore and Lilja. If Lidstrom leaves, then Detroit goes out and replaces him with someone along the lines of Redden or Chara if Ottawa is not able to retain both, or someone else of that caliber.

Fischer, Kronwall, Quincey will be on the defense for 07-08. Lidstrom is a possibility, or whoever replaces him should he retire. Delmore may take a larger role, taking over Schneider's offensive reponsibilities as Schneider likely retires after his current deal. Kindl may join the team at this point as well, giving Detroit a very solid young defensive corps that should be quite good for years to come.

I agree.

Everyone is talking about how we have to add youth and everything now, but the reality of the situation is that we have a veteran team at the moment and it wont be until next season or the one after that we really get into full re-build mode.

At that point, we will have Kronwall and Fischer still on the books, with the possibility of Lilja and/or Delmore still being around. That's not too bad of a defensive core, especially if Kronwall and Fischer develop as expected.

On top of that, we have Derek Meech, Kyle Quincey, Miroslav Blatak, Jakub Kindl, Siarhei Kolasau, Juho Mielonen, Jeff May, Bretton Stamler and a bunch of other blue-line prospects who we can be sure that at least some of them will work out and become contributors.

From what I have been able to find out, it looks like Meech, Quincey, Kindl and Blatak appear to be the most likely to come emerge from that pack of prospects, so my question to you guys is in what order would you rank them in terms of how good you think they will become in the future?

On top of that, we have Derek Meech, Kyle Quincey, Miroslav Blatak, Jakub Kindl, Siarhei Kolasau, Juho Mielonen, Jeff May, Bretton Stamler and a bunch of other blue-line prospects who we can be sure that at least some of them will work out and become contributors.

Quincey and maybe Blatak have a good shot of making the team in the next 3 years. Kolasau is a very long term project, and he might not ever make it. Kindl will prolly be ready in about 3 years, but I'm honestly not sold on him. None of the other guys are gonna be anything above a 5th or 6th defenseman. Next year will tell you a lot about Kindl.