• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Bryce Charpentier signs with Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Detroit has been interested also, he played for Florida of the ECHL last year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...=TRUE&pid=73323

Check out this quote:

"From what I understand, Detroit and Grand Rapids are lacking in big, physical guys and they know my role and they're looking to see what I can do," Charpentier said. "My agent spoke with the GM of Grand Rapids and the assistant GM of the Red Wings, and they said if I do get sent down I'll get called up when they play tough teams. So I'll be getting my games at the AHL level as a young guy, and I want to prove that I can play at that level."

Edited by Barnes52

He's big and tough, perhaps the toughest in the ECHL. He's definetly top 5 toughest last year. Remember it was after the season when Greg Ireland (Coach) said his team will get bigger and meaner next year, that they would be a team everyone would hate to play against. Great signing!

He's big and tough, perhaps the toughest in the ECHL. He's definetly top 5 toughest last year. Remember it was after the season when Greg Ireland (Coach) said his team will get bigger and meaner next year, that they would be a team everyone would hate to play against. Great signing!

Okay, Barnesy good info.

Any news on Barnes yet? He seemed to play well under Ireland. I hope Ireland's plan includes Barnes. unsure.gif

Okay, Barnesy good info.

Any news on Barnes yet? He seemed to play well under Ireland. I hope Ireland's plan includes Barnes. unsure.gif

I heard he was invited to camp, but I also heard he may be playing in the UK this fall.

Okay, Barnesy good info.

Any news on Barnes yet? He seemed to play well under Ireland. I hope Ireland's plan includes Barnes.  unsure.gif

I heard he was invited to camp, but I also heard he may be playing in the UK this fall.

Yeah, lets hope he stays away from the UK. That would most likely put a stop to any chances of playing AHL hockey again.

I wish I could post the story, check out the link to Naplesnews.com (You have to sign up) it's not offically announced by the Griffs yet but will be. He has a 2 way contract and will play when they play the rougher teams.

Would this be leaving Big Snake out in the cold? It's not like I personally would mind at all, but some of the posters here took quite a liking to Robin.

No, I don't think so....this guy plays defense.

Oh..I didn't realize he was defense....thats kind of weird. Considering they already have 7 D-men that will most likely be in GR..now they have 8..? weird.

Delmore/Rivers-Quincey

Helmer-Meech

Richards-Amadio

Lebda-Charpentier

Oh..I didn't realize he was defense....thats kind of weird. Considering they already have 7 D-men that will most likely be in GR..now they have 8..? weird.

Delmore/Rivers-Quincey

Helmer-Meech

Richards-Amadio

Lebda-Charpentier

Richards is out for 10 weeks, and Charpentier will most likely be called up when GR plays tough teams, that's if he doesn't amke the roster out of TC. He will play in GR, it's just a matter of how much.

He's big and tough, perhaps the toughest in the ECHL.

LOL You're kidding, right?

Unless he has really, really changed... he's a decent fighter. Sure, he'll go with anyone... but I wouldn't say he wins most of them... and I definitely wouldn't say he is the toughest in the ECHL or is in the top 5.

When did you see him? Last year he was top 5 by anyone's standards. He had some big wins over top heavyweights, KO'd Tampa prospect Elliot. His only loss was to Tremblay, but Tremblay is considered to be the toughest guy not in the NHL. So I stand by my comments about him being one of the ECHL's toughest.