• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DesertWing

Five Straight In South Bend

Rate this topic

Well....it was one of the ugliest 4th quarters I've ever seen a team play, but M.S.U. still managed to win at Notre Dame for the fifth time in a row. I still don't know what JLS was thinking kicking that 54 yard field goal instead of punting, but I guess I'll forgive him.

GO SPARTANS!

P.S. Solid game for UofM today. I think they were taking out some frustration on the EMUs.

Humm......this is not mean't to be a cheap shot....but what is it with you guys and blowing big fourth quarter leads?

It was a good game.....not a GREAT game....both teams played sloppy at times.....

Oh yeah.....the stabbing the flag into the field is classless......well as a UofM fan i shouldn't be talking.....lol

EMU got very lucky.....if the starters stayed in michigan COULD have gone into triple digits......

Humm......this is not mean't to be a cheap shot....but what is it with you guys and blowing big fourth quarter leads?

The Spartans strength isn't their defense this year, its pretty obvious. Although the D came up big when they had to.

It was a good game.....not a GREAT game....both teams played sloppy at times.....

Oh yeah.....the stabbing the flag into the field is classless......well as a UofM fan i shouldn't be talking.....lol

EMU got very lucky.....if the starters stayed in michigan COULD have gone into triple digits......

When M.S.U. gets a lead, JLS goes completely against what got them to that point. I understand wanting to eat up time when you're ahead, but when you can't run the ball you're going to go 3&out and you'll cut your own throat. I also have NO idea why JLS decided to attempt the 54-yard field goal rather than punt and try to pin the Irish back in their own end.

I do disagree about it being a "great game". I think it was a great game to watch. The M.S.U. big plays, the Irish comeback and the overtime were exactly what college football is all about.

As far as the Spartans' planting the flag, I think it was a big mistake. Not only was it low-class, but it is going to make things difficult for next year's game and REALLY difficult when the Spartans go back to SB in 2007. I think this was a bigger mistake than the UofM fans who threw water bottles on the field last week. You come to expect a small number of idiots in the stands. You don't expect your team to disrespect someone else's stadium.

When M.S.U. gets a lead, JLS goes completely against what got them to that point. I understand wanting to eat up time when you're ahead, but when you can't run the ball you're going to go 3&out and you'll cut your own throat. I also have NO idea why JLS decided to attempt the 54-yard field goal rather than punt and try to pin the Irish back in their own end.

I do disagree about it being a "great game". I think it was a great game to watch. The M.S.U. big plays, the Irish comeback and the overtime were exactly what college football is all about.

As far as the Spartans' planting the flag, I think it was a big mistake. Not only was it low-class, but it is going to make things difficult for next year's game and REALLY difficult when the Spartans go back to SB in 2007. I think this was a bigger mistake than the UofM fans who threw water bottles on the field last week. You come to expect a small number of idiots in the stands. You don't expect your team to disrespect someone else's stadium.

I agree. They could have done without the flag planting. That was low.

Michigan State has owned South Bend. They have more wins there against notre dame than ANY SCHOOL. That stat is enough and they should have celebrated while running off the field.

Guest Boss

Being a former college football player, I thought what Michigan State did, was, in one word.... Fantastic.

The reason being, you guys have no idea what is said on the field or during the week, and let me tell ya, Notre Dame, is not as "saintly" as they are made out to be. Good for State, they did what THEY wanted to. There is nothing wrong with what they did compared to a lot of other antics that have gone on.

My team was involved in a very serious incident in which both teams at the end the game, went at it. Punches, facemasks and everything else.

Also, I am very happy for State, My old high school teamates brother is on MSU. Kyle Brown, and, altough he had a rough game in some aspects, it's nice to see the kid play well. Plus, my bro went to state. So, I will support State.

And, who cares if Michigan beat EMU by 55 or whatever, it really is no big accomplishment. They are the most over-rated football team, and have been since 1997. It's always the same story, people who don't even go to michigan, or are planning on going to Michigan, are always the ones talking the most s**t. I have been around many of football games in the trenches, and Michigan, is by far the most over-rated football team of the last decade.

I made the trip to South Bend for the game and am really glad that I did. I couldn't have picked a better game to buy a ticket from a scalper- definitely got my money's worth. Stanton for Heisman!

GO GREEN!

Edited by MotownIce

5 in a row in South Bend is a major accomplishment, but the Irish really haven't been a major football power in a while. They really need to drop their independent status and join a league or they're going to continue to suffer. I'm sure the Big 10 would love to have them.

As for the Spartans, the thing that caught my attention is that in the last 10 games against opponents ranked in the top 10, they are 9-1. Wow. Talk about getting it up for the big games.

Now they have to take care of things in the Big 10. They should be favored against Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana and Penn State. Win 4 or 5 of those games and they're in good shape for a decent bowl. Then, if they can pull an upset or two against Michigan, OSU, and Purdue we might be talking Big 10 title.

5 in a row in South Bend is a major accomplishment, but the Irish really haven't been a major football power in a while. They really need to drop their independent status and join a league or they're going to continue to suffer. I'm sure the Big 10 would love to have them.

As for the Spartans, the thing that caught my attention is that in the last 10 games against opponents ranked in the top 10, they are 9-1. Wow. Talk about getting it up for the big games.

Now they have to take care of things in the Big 10. They should be favored against Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana and Penn State. Win 4 or 5 of those games and they're in good shape for a decent bowl. Then, if they can pull an upset or two against Michigan, OSU, and Purdue we might be talking Big 10 title.

the problem is that michigan state, in the past, has gotten up for the big games but finds a way to blow the easy ones. This is a scary week for michigan state. They just came off a huge win and now play a relative easy team in illinois. This has all the makings for a spartan collaspe.

not that i want to see that happen.

I made the trip to South Bend for the game and am really glad that I did. I couldn't have picked a better game to buy a ticket from a scalper- definitely got my money's worth. Stanton for Heisman!

GO GREEN!

I gotta say that Stanton has little chance, hell......he's overshadowed in the BIG TEN by Smith, Henne, Hart, and Ginn........let alone Vince Young.....

Guest Boss
I made the trip to South Bend for the game and am really glad that I did.  I couldn't have picked a better game to buy a ticket from a scalper- definitely got my money's worth.  Stanton for Heisman!

GO GREEN!

I gotta say that Stanton has little chance, hell......he's overshadowed in the BIG TEN by Smith, Henne, Hart, and Ginn........let alone Vince Young.....

Ok, I never went to UofM or MSU. I also have seen your posts, and it has stated that you will eventually go to Michigan. Let me say this to you as a former college football player. You need to take off your UofM blinders. Michigan has been over-rated since 1997.

With that said, Stanton is not overshadowed by Smith, nor Henne, or Hart or Ginn. Stanton is by far at this moment the best QB in the Big Ten. Henne has done nothing so far and with his loss tonight against Wisconsin, he is done, along with Hart. Ginn, the Texas loss will hurt.

If Stanton is overshadowed by anybody it's Maroney.

But, you should be quiet now that Michigan lost again...

No, the refs didn't blow it, no excuses, UofM is not as good as you and everybody else thinks. It has been this way since 97. And no, I am not a State grad.

I made the trip to South Bend for the game and am really glad that I did.  I couldn't have picked a better game to buy a ticket from a scalper- definitely got my money's worth.  Stanton for Heisman!

GO GREEN!

Ok, I never went to UofM or MSU. I also have seen your posts, and it has stated that you will eventually go to Michigan. Let me say this to you as a former college football player. You need to take off your UofM blinders. Michigan has been over-rated since 1997.

With that said, Stanton is not overshadowed by Smith, nor Henne, or Hart or Ginn. Stanton is by far at this moment the best QB in the Big Ten. Henne has done nothing so far and with his loss tonight against Wisconsin, he is done, along with Hart. Ginn, the Texas loss will hurt.

If Stanton is overshadowed by anybody it's Maroney.

But, you should be quiet now that Michigan lost again...

No, the refs didn't blow it, no excuses, UofM is not as good as you and everybody else thinks. It has been this way since 97. And no, I am not a State grad.

I totally agree. Michigan is overrated. Hence that is why i posted the michigan fans confessional to finally acknowledge that your team is overrated.

Stanton is playing his ass off. He is easily the most valuable player on ANY NCAA FOOTBALL TEAM. USC can win without Leinhart, Texas can win without Vince Young...but michigan state cannot do anything without stanton as the quarterback.