• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theoctopus

Grigorenko

Rate this topic

Lots of this year's Red Wings are playing for small contracts (Mowers/Cleary/Samuelsson). Cleary and Sammy could resurrect their careers and sign bigger contracts with teams that have more cap room.

Then again, with yzerman probably retiring, and Lidstrom's contract being up, we should have some room to sign them if we still want them.

But IMO, shrewd GMs will be replacing $500,000 a year veterans every year.

Lots of this year's Red Wings are playing for small contracts (Mowers/Cleary/Samuelsson). Cleary and Sammy could resurrect their careers and sign bigger contracts with teams that have more cap room.

Then again, with yzerman probably retiring, and Lidstrom's contract being up, we should have some room to sign them if we still want them.

it's 4 games into the season, and so far, Cleary has been no more productive than Mowers, but Mowards has not made huge defensive mistakes like Cleary did vs Vancouver.

What makes you think Cleary can resurrect his career yet Mowers is doomed to failure?

So no one really answered this. Is it possible? Is it allowed?

I don't think so, there was a deadline back in sept. I think that stopped us from signing prospects. Samuelsson didn't fall under that because he wasn't one of our prospects. I think.

What kind of fool suggests waiving Maltby to sign a guy whose rights we still own when we can bring the guy over next season instead?

Anyway, I've been wondering how a Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Grigorenko line would function. I know the Grigorenko is built like a tank, but he still relativley small in the whole scheme of things, and neither Zett's nor Pavel are very big. All 3 of them are exciting offensive talents, but could they be successful together given their small statures?

In the "new" NHL you just need speed & skill and al three have that. Especially Grigs going into the corners. They say he's tough to get off the puck. There's no more to be said about the other 2.

In the "new" NHL you just need speed & skill and al three have that. Especially Grigs going into the corners. They say he's tough to get off the puck. There's no more to be said about the other 2.

I know the new rules are designed more towards skill and speed, but there is still some physical element to it. It's not like they have turned the game into figure skating or anything like that.

Stupid question alert!!!!!!!

But if the Wings could clear up some room under the cap, could Grigorenko join the team say before Christmas this year?

So no one really answered this. Is it possible? Is it allowed?

It is possible. Russian League is not inveolved with the IIHF contract between European prospects and the NHL. The only deadline is 1st december, when NHL-players have to be contracted if they are going to complete the NHL-season.

Just like Kovalchuk signed few days ago, Grigorenko can do the same if we want to do so. We just have to give a very big transfer money to Cherepovets Severstal.

Edited by Henkka

Thank you Henkka. Very much.

Soooooooooooooooooooo, would anyone be opposed to having Grigs in Detroit this december if he's still lighting it up in Russia.

Purely theoretical question. Forget about cap and whatever. If it was possible, which it is, would you do it? How much more ready would he have to be?

Soooooooooooooooooooo, would anyone be opposed to having Grigs in Detroit this december if he's still lighting it up in Russia.

Purely theoretical question. Forget about cap and whatever. If it was possible, which it is, would you do it? How much more ready would he have to be?

He's as ready as he'll ever be.

peace

I don't see Igor coming over unless Detroit really seems to need a winger by mid-season. I realize the Wings are indeed quite weak down the right side, but so far this season, they haven't really showed it.

I don't see Igor coming over unless Detroit really seems to need a winger by mid-season. I realize the Wings are indeed quite weak down the right side, but so far this season, they haven't really showed it.

I agree. Unless injuries play a big role, we prolly won't see much of him this year. Next year he should come over. Hopefully. Please god.

it's 4 games into the season, and so far, Cleary has been no more productive than Mowers, but Mowards has not made huge defensive mistakes like Cleary did vs Vancouver.

What makes you think Cleary can resurrect his career yet Mowers is doomed to failure?

Cleary has shown flashes of upside that I really haven't seen from Mowers.

Mowers is a borderline NHLer.

Cleary could develop into a solid energy line/PK guy.

I mean, Cleary is all ready getting time on the PK in Detroit.

Have we ever seen Mowers get any special teams duty? I don't think so.

Mowers was never given any sort of ice time under Lewis, and he's played are more sound defensive game with fewer mental mistakes than Cleary this year. Neither have been explosive offensively but both have created chances.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=13949...495&hubname=nhl

Semin maybe joining the Caps.

So why not Grigs joining the Wings?

Would somebody call to Holland!?

Semin:

1) Was already under contract.

2) Has already played a full NHL season.

Grigorenko:

1) Is still rounding out his form after a life-threatening car accident.

2) Would not be the end to all our "problems", especially that 4+ goals per game and 3-1 record.

I don't see the reason we "need" to bring him over NOW. Let him play out the season in Russia, sign him and bring him over and let him dominate like he's capable of.

Hey eva whats with making Cleary looking like he is a bad defensive mistakes. As far as I can recall he has only made one. While it did prove costly its not like he is doing it all the time. For the most part, when Mowers is out on the ice I see him cough up the puck more then Cleary, its just that we haven't seen it put in our net. As for Mowers getting his chances, for the most part it seemed Cleary and Samuelsson were doing more of the work and Mowers was the benefactor of that work. Cleary has shown he deserves the PK more than Mowers because he is a quicker skater and is willing to dig for the puck. He has played a very sound game for the most part and is great on the PK with Franzen.

As for Grigorenko, I believe we can sign and not have to compensate Ceverstal since Russia did not sign the IIHF agreement. However, I do believe Grigorenko may benefit more by staying in Russia. He would regain his confidence much quicker then he would over here, plus we want to make sure he can keep this pace up all year. I say wait and sign him next year, and put him on the Wings, as long as he isn't shown up by many other players.

Hey eva whats with making Cleary looking like he is a bad defensive mistakes. As far as I can recall he has only made one. While it did prove costly its not like he is doing it all the time. For the most part, when Mowers is out on the ice I see him cough up the puck more then Cleary, its just that we haven't seen it put in our net. As for Mowers getting his chances, for the most part it seemed Cleary and Samuelsson were doing more of the work and Mowers was the benefactor of that work. Cleary has shown he deserves the PK more than Mowers because he is a quicker skater and is willing to dig for the puck. He has played a very sound game for the most part and is great on the PK with Franzen.

As for Grigorenko, I believe we can sign and not have to compensate Ceverstal since Russia did not sign the IIHF agreement. However, I do believe Grigorenko may benefit more by staying in Russia. He would regain his confidence much quicker then he would over here, plus we want to make sure he can keep this pace up all year. I say wait and sign him next year, and put him on the Wings, as long as he isn't shown up by many other players.

He's got a chance to play in the World Championships again, which will put him excactly where he was just prior to the crash.

No hurry, I just hope Holland doesn't wait until the last minute to sign him and lose his rights entirely.

Mowers was never given any sort of ice time under Lewis, and he's played are more sound defensive game with fewer mental mistakes than Cleary this year. Neither have been explosive offensively but both have created chances.

I mean, Cleary has made ONE bad play since joining the team. And he made up for that with some very hard work to set up the tieing goal.

I have nothing against mowers. But he's not going to get better. He is what he is.

What am I missing here?

Why are you defending Mowers like I've insulted a future all-star or something.? He's a career 4th line/AHL guy. He was never drafted. He couldn't stick as a fourth liner in freakin' Nashville. He's got 8 goals in 141 games. He's a decent skater. He's versatile. He's cheap. That's why he's in the NHL.

He'll never be more than a 4th liner. Ever. He's 31 years old and played 140 NHL games.

Cleary obviously has been a disappointment in his career. But that's because he was a first round pick who scored 50 goals in junior.

He's got good speed. He can kill penalties. He's four years younger than Mowers. He's got some offensive ability. He works hard. He can hit (unlike Mowers).

He's hasn't seen minor league hockey action since 99-00. He's a bonafide NHLer. He's four years younger than Mowers and he's played more than twice the amount of games and scored 5 times more goals.

There is no comparison.

Cleary is better. Has been better. And he's upside is far better.

Why is this even an issue?

I mean, Cleary has made ONE bad play since joining the team. And he made up for that with some very hard work to set up the tieing goal.

I have nothing against mowers. But he's not going to get better. He is what he is.

What am I missing here?

Why are you defending Mowers like I've insulted a future all-star or something.? He's a career 4th line/AHL guy. He was never drafted. He couldn't stick as a fourth liner in freakin' Nashville. He's got 8 goals in 141 games. He's a decent skater. He's versatile. He's cheap. That's why he's in the NHL.

He'll never be more than a 4th liner. Ever. He's 31 years old and played 140 NHL games.

Cleary obviously has been a disappointment in his career. But that's because he was a first round pick who scored 50 goals in junior.

He's got good speed. He can kill penalties. He's four years younger than Mowers. He's got some offensive ability. He works hard. He can hit (unlike Mowers).

He's hasn't seen minor league hockey action since 99-00. He's a bonafide NHLer. He's four years younger than Mowers and he's played more than twice the amount of games and scored 5 times more goals.

There is no comparison.

Why are you defending Cleary like he's a future all-star?

People on this board have been ready to kick Mowers off the team for months even though he never did anything to deserve it. Give the guy a chance to play, quit bitching that he's not your ideal player.

Cleary has the dreaded "P" word potential but hasn't achieved it, he just can't catch a break. Maybe he needs to be exorcised. Mowers- why is he up here- he is barely serviceable, I know he's cheap, but that's it.

I'd still have him finish this year off in Russia and be totally ready to come over to the NHL.

What am I missing here?

There is no comparison.

Why are you defending Cleary like he's a future all-star?

People on this board have been ready to kick Mowers off the team for months even though he never did anything to deserve it. Give the guy a chance to play, quit bitching that he's not your ideal player.

dude eva chill out dude he's right end of story. He serouisly is right so chill....