• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruvio

Who would you want back

Rate this topic

Which player would you want back most  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fedorov is inconsistant and he wasn't loyal to the Red Wings at all. First the Carolina nonsense then the move to the Ducks. Puck him. Joseph was tied for best Red Wing on the ice against the Flames last postseason (tie with Draper) but I love Ozzie. I went with Datsyuk.

Guest mjtm77

imagine if we got Fedorov back and let go of Datsyuk like all you guys were sayin.........

Fedorov w/o a doubt.

imagine if we got Fedorov back and let go of Datsyuk like all you guys were sayin.........

Quote or it didn't happen. I rememebr a couple years ago a debate about Kozlov and Fedorov. Maybe you're thinking of that?>

Guest mjtm77

Fedorov w/o a doubt.

Quote or it didn't happen. I rememebr a couple years ago a debate about Kozlov and Fedorov. Maybe you're thinking of that?>

huh read the posts

This is silly.

Fedorov is so much better than these other guys, they don't even get to smell his farts.

Let's see....

Overpaid netminder who we've since upgraded on...nope...

Journeyman forward who switched to third-pair defense so he didn't end up in the minors....nope

Prima-donna one-dimensional showboat with a giant ego....no ty.

World class player with size, strength, playmaking ability, incredible shot, top class defense, big time playoff scorer? I'll take that one. Over the other three COMBINED.

This is such a lopsided poll. Who in god's name would choose Dandenault over Fedorov? Cujo we all know we can live without, and Datsyuk, well, there's still hope with him.

Feds is the only possible choice.

Fedorov hands down.

Datsyuk won't come close to being the player that Fedorov is.

at 35, Sergei is a Senior citizen?

The 5 years we'd get from Fedorov would exceed anything we get from Datsyuk, assuming he even stayed with the Wings that long.

Not to mention Dats is 28 himself, but you're thinking he'll be in Detroit until he's 40 or 41?

Datsyuk is not our future. He could be a good piece of the team for sure, but he's not franchise. And he's not young.

I'd take Fedorov for one year over Datsyuk for three or four.

Because Fedorov has the ability to win his team a playoff series. the Wings might win more in the playoffs that one year with Feds than the 3-4 with Dats.

feds equals=solid defence, awesome scoring ability, and clutch playoff goals (see 97,98,02 playoffs for ex)

Dats equals=Great moves, good scoring ability, no defence at all, a ghost in the playoffs. Plus, please believe he's gone in two years.

That's great. "Maybe" this 27 year old man (no longer a kid) player will develop a sound defensive game, "maybe" he'll become a threat in the postseason.

Fedorov is the best defensive forward in the history of the league; there's no comparison. He was dominant and clutch in the playoffs in ways which all but few players even dare to imagine.

To say Datsyuk will ever become a tenth the player Fedorov was and is, is silliness at best.

these were pretty funny to read. i know, hindsight. but nonetheless, it is interesting to see what some people thought of datsyuk back then.

kinda funny that it was hands down datsyuk. even in the first season after the lockout, it was pretty obvious who the better player was. also pretty funny to read about datsyuk being such a slouch at D. i am sure his selke trophy begs to differ (yes i realize he has progressed, but its not as if he was lebda bad at D to begin with)