• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruvio

Who would you want back

Rate this topic

Which player would you want back most  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's see....

Overpaid netminder who we've since upgraded on...nope...

Journeyman forward who switched to third-pair defense so he didn't end up in the minors....nope

Prima-donna one-dimensional showboat with a giant ego....no ty.

World class player with size, strength, playmaking ability, incredible shot, top class defense, big time playoff scorer? I'll take that one. Over the other three COMBINED.

This is such a lopsided poll. Who in god's name would choose Dandenault over Fedorov? Cujo we all know we can live without, and Datsyuk, well, there's still hope with him.

Feds is the only possible choice.

Fedorov is so much better than these other guys, they don't even get to smell his farts.

Interesting concept that could be used to Federov's advantage during a break away - it may provide a slight burst of speed and it could also cause any D man in pursuit a slight pause in his stride

Any way, if it were just for one season, Sergie would be it, if it were 5, it would be Datsyuk.

I would take cujo. He's such an upgrade over Ozzy! but management burnt that bridge.

You can't be serious.

Osgood and Cujo have similar career sv pct...Osgood blows Cujo away everywhere else. And Osgood is not old and washed up like Cujo is...Osgood had better numbers than Cujo did last year despite playing on a far inferior team.

Osgood is a significant upgrade. Probably Holland's best move since signing Brett Hull was replacing Joseph with Osgood.

Datsyuk, no contest. Sure Federov was great, but he's prolly got 5 years left at the most, and Datsyuk has prolly a good 12-13 years. Taking Federov over Datsyuk is just plain stupid.

Fedorov has 5 years left...but they would all be with us if we got him back.

Datsyuk will likely be gone after 2 if he actuallly does come back this season.

Doesn't matter how young you are if you're gone in a couple seasons.

So you'de rather sign an overpaid senior citizen then pay Datsyuk the same thing? Even if Dats is here for 2 years, trade him towards the end of his contract, and he'll get more return then Federov ever hoped to. And no Federov wouldn't take a pay cut to come play for the wings. Future is where were headed, not the past.

So you'de rather sign an overpaid senior citizen then pay Datsyuk the same thing? Even if Dats is here for 2 years, trade him towards the end of his contract, and he'll get more return then Federov ever hoped to. And no Federov wouldn't take a pay cut to come play for the wings. Future is where were headed, not the past.

at 35, Sergei is a Senior citizen?

The 5 years we'd get from Fedorov would exceed anything we get from Datsyuk, assuming he even stayed with the Wings that long.

Not to mention Dats is 28 himself, but you're thinking he'll be in Detroit until he's 40 or 41?

Datsyuk is not our future. He could be a good piece of the team for sure, but he's not franchise. And he's not young.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I'd take Fedorov for one year over Datsyuk for three or four.

Because Fedorov has the ability to win his team a playoff series. the Wings might win more in the playoffs that one year with Feds than the 3-4 with Dats.

feds equals=solid defence, awesome scoring ability, and clutch playoff goals (see 97,98,02 playoffs for ex)

Dats equals=Great moves, good scoring ability, no defence at all, a ghost in the playoffs. Plus, please believe he's gone in two years.

I'd take Fedorov for one year over Datsyuk for three or four.

Because Fedorov has the ability to win his team a playoff series. the Wings might win more in the playoffs that one year with Feds than the 3-4 with Dats.

Datsyuk is still learning, and could very well come in with a sound D-game in a couple years. In terms of his playoff scoring, I think he'll get over that, but I could be wrong. Ken Holland has never planned for the future, but now he has to.

Datsyuk is still learning, and could very well come in with a sound D-game in a couple years. In terms of his playoff scoring, I think he'll get over that, but I could be wrong. Ken Holland has never planned for the future, but now he has to.

That's great. "Maybe" this 27 year old man (no longer a kid) player will develop a sound defensive game, "maybe" he'll become a threat in the postseason.

Fedorov is the best defensive forward in the history of the league; there's no comparison. He was dominant and clutch in the playoffs in ways which all but few players even dare to imagine.

To say Datsyuk will ever become a tenth the player Fedorov was and is, is silliness at best.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Fedorov is the best defensive forward in the history of the league; there's no comparison. He was dominant and clutch in the playoffs in ways which all but few players even dare to imagine.

To say Datsyuk will ever become a tenth the player Fedorov was and is, is silliness at best.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he was going to a tenth of the player Federov was. All I'm saying is I'de rather sign youth than a used up player on the decline. Federov was dominant when he wanted to be. He WAS great, fantastic, and his s**t didn't stink. Now he's old and getting older. If it's a "Who would you want back in their prime" I would choose Federov. But it's not. Christ, why is it so hard for people to move on?