• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruvio

Who would you want back

Rate this topic

Which player would you want back most  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fedorov is the best defensive forward in the history of the league; there's no comparison. He was dominant and clutch in the playoffs in ways which all but few players even dare to imagine.

To say Datsyuk will ever become a tenth the player Fedorov was and is, is silliness at best.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he was going to a tenth of the player Federov was. All I'm saying is I'de rather sign youth than a used up player on the decline. Federov was dominant when he wanted to be. He WAS great, fantastic, and his s**t didn't stink. Now he's old and getting older. If it's a "Who would you want back in their prime" I would choose Federov. But it's not. Christ, why is it so hard for people to move on?

The problem is...Fedorov is still better than Datsyuk.

Fedorov is also signed through 08, while Dats is only through 07. Datsyuk is interested in leaving at the end of the deal.

You'd rather take the less capable player for a shorter period of time? Now THAT'S silliness.

You'd rather take the less capable player for a shorter period of time? Now THAT'S silliness.

I guess we'll see this year. I think Datsyuk will do well, then we'll sign him long term for a big money contract that he wants so badly. Say what you will Federov isn't as good as he was, and he's getting worse. This year will show a lot. That's my opinion, silly or not.

I guess we'll see this year. I think Datsyuk will do well, then we'll sign him long term for a big money contract that he wants so badly. Say what you will Federov isn't as good as he was, and he's getting worse. This year will show a lot. That's my opinion, silly or not.

If Dats has a good year, I doubt we could afford him for a long-term contract.

This is a guy who already considers himself equal to Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley.

Imagine what he'll think if he actually has a great season?

It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted the league max, or want to get out of Detroit in 2 years to go somewhere they can shell out big bucks for him.

You can't be serious.

Osgood and Cujo have similar career sv pct...Osgood blows Cujo away everywhere else. And Osgood is not old and washed up like Cujo is...Osgood had better numbers than Cujo did last year despite playing on a far inferior team.

Osgood is a significant upgrade. Probably Holland's best move since signing Brett Hull was replacing Joseph with Osgood.

hm... wouldnt happen to have seen last years playoff stats for cujo and osgood would you??

min. W L T GA GAA SOG S % ENG SO

287:05 1 4 0 12 2.51 109 97 .890 0 0

517:34 4 4 0 12 1.39 197 185 .939 0 2

ok.. cujo has more wins, more games played, same goals allowed, lower GAA more SOG and S with a better save percentage, and also, cujo had to shut outs.

so in the playoffs, where it matters most, who really puts up the stats??

CUJO

Fedorov is the best defensive forward in the history of the league; there's no comparison. He was dominant and clutch in the playoffs in ways which all but few players even dare to imagine.

To say Datsyuk will ever become a tenth the player Fedorov was and is, is silliness at best.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he was going to a tenth of the player Federov was. All I'm saying is I'de rather sign youth than a used up player on the decline. Federov was dominant when he wanted to be. He WAS great, fantastic, and his s**t didn't stink. Now he's old and getting older. If it's a "Who would you want back in their prime" I would choose Federov. But it's not. Christ, why is it so hard for people to move on?

Fedorov is also signed through 08, while Dats is only through 07. Datsyuk is interested in leaving at the end of the deal.

true, fedorov would NEVER leave the wings... laugh.gif

You can't be serious.

Osgood and Cujo have similar career sv pct...Osgood blows Cujo away everywhere else. And Osgood is not old and washed up like Cujo is...Osgood had better numbers than Cujo did last year despite playing on a far inferior team.

Osgood is a significant upgrade. Probably Holland's best move since signing Brett Hull was replacing Joseph with Osgood.

hm... wouldnt happen to have seen last years playoff stats for cujo and osgood would you??

ok.. cujo has more wins, more games played, same goals allowed, lower GAA more SOG and S with a better save percentage, and also, cujo had to shut outs.

CUJO

Osgood was playing for a much worse team against a much more offensively capable team.

He played out of his mind and barely kept the scores from getting silly...the Blues were just that outmatched.

true, fedorov would NEVER leave the wings... laugh.gif

Even if Fedorov leaves after the deal..he's still around for a year longer than Datsyuk.

3 years of Fedorov>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2 years of Datsyuk

Interesting concept that could be used to Federov's advantage during a break away - it may provide a slight burst of speed and it could also cause any D man in pursuit a slight pause in his stride

Any way, if it were just for one season, Sergie would be it, if it were 5, it would be Datsyuk.

Yup.....get Sergei "back'? For what a week?

Gimme Pavel and 2 solid yrs. Save me a few months of drama - the other choices are a solid 'no thanks'.

You can't be serious.

CUJO

Osgood was playing for a much worse team against a much more offensively capable team.

He played out of his mind and barely kept the scores from getting silly...the Blues were just that outmatched.

but, cujo out of average had just as many shots a game as osgood did. so obviously cujo didnt have a walk in the park either.

Interesting concept that could be used to Federov's advantage during a break away - it may provide a slight burst of speed and it could also cause any D man in pursuit a slight pause in his stride

Any way, if it were just for one season, Sergie would be it, if it were 5, it would be Datsyuk.

Yup.....get Sergei "back'? For what a week?

Gimme Pavel and 2 solid yrs. Save me a few months of drama - the other choices are a solid 'no thanks'.

I don't quite follow. You must be thinking of Hasek....he's the only Wing in recent memory who was done after basically a week....

I wouldn't mind have Mike Knuble or Wes Walz. Of course, not above Datsyuk or Fedorov, but they would knock some other players out of their current slots on the team, and a few years ago I believe Walz was rated THE fastest player in the league if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't mind have Mike Knuble or Wes Walz. Of course, not above Datsyuk or Fedorov, but they would knock some other players out of their current slots on the team, and a few years ago I believe Walz was rated THE fastest player in the league if I'm not mistaken.

I would love to have Knuble back...Walz is a 'B' version of Draper. Good player but I dunno who I'd kick out in his favor.

I'll say this, I want Lapointe back just as much as Sergei. BUT over everybody, Vladimir Konstantinov.. I KNOW... It won't happen and I apologize if it's insulting for me to say it, but he was awesome. I often wonder what kind of player he would be now. Norris? Maybe. I miss him. sad.gif