• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:48 PM

feds equals=solid defence, awesome scoring ability, and clutch playoff goals (see 97,98,02 playoffs for ex)

Dats equals=Great moves, good scoring ability, no defence at all, a ghost in the playoffs. Plus, please believe he's gone in two years.

#22 twins1729

twins1729

Slash Queens

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:17 AM

I said Dandenault because I personally love him.

But I don't think Pavel should be on this list.

You should've waited to make sure he was offically gone (IMO). smile.gif

#23 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:53 AM

I'd take Fedorov for one year over Datsyuk for three or four.

Because Fedorov has the ability to win his team a playoff series. the Wings might win more in the playoffs that one year with Feds than the 3-4 with Dats.

Datsyuk is still learning, and could very well come in with a sound D-game in a couple years. In terms of his playoff scoring, I think he'll get over that, but I could be wrong. Ken Holland has never planned for the future, but now he has to.

#24 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (ToddDaGod @ September 20, 2005 - 10:53AM)
Datsyuk is still learning, and could very well come in with a sound D-game in a couple years. In terms of his playoff scoring, I think he'll get over that, but I could be wrong. Ken Holland has never planned for the future, but now he has to.

That's great. "Maybe" this 27 year old man (no longer a kid) player will develop a sound defensive game, "maybe" he'll become a threat in the postseason.

Fedorov is the best defensive forward in the history of the league; there's no comparison. He was dominant and clutch in the playoffs in ways which all but few players even dare to imagine.

To say Datsyuk will ever become a tenth the player Fedorov was and is, is silliness at best.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 20 September 2005 - 04:50 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#25 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Fedorov is the best defensive forward in the history of the league; there's no comparison. He was dominant and clutch in the playoffs in ways which all but few players even dare to imagine.

To say Datsyuk will ever become a tenth the player Fedorov was and is, is silliness at best.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he was going to a tenth of the player Federov was. All I'm saying is I'de rather sign youth than a used up player on the decline. Federov was dominant when he wanted to be. He WAS great, fantastic, and his s**t didn't stink. Now he's old and getting older. If it's a "Who would you want back in their prime" I would choose Federov. But it's not. Christ, why is it so hard for people to move on?

#26 mattkientz

mattkientz

• PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:03 PM

Fedorov hands down.
Lidstrom Rules is my musical mentor. \m/

#27 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (ToddDaGod @ September 20, 2005 - 08:30PM)

Stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he was going to a tenth of the player Federov was. All I'm saying is I'de rather sign youth than a used up player on the decline. Federov was dominant when he wanted to be. He WAS great, fantastic, and his s**t didn't stink. Now he's old and getting older. If it's a "Who would you want back in their prime" I would choose Federov. But it's not. Christ, why is it so hard for people to move on?

The problem is...Fedorov is still better than Datsyuk.

Fedorov is also signed through 08, while Dats is only through 07. Datsyuk is interested in leaving at the end of the deal.

You'd rather take the less capable player for a shorter period of time? Now THAT'S silliness.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#28 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:00 PM

You'd rather take the less capable player for a shorter period of time? Now THAT'S silliness.

I guess we'll see this year. I think Datsyuk will do well, then we'll sign him long term for a big money contract that he wants so badly. Say what you will Federov isn't as good as he was, and he's getting worse. This year will show a lot. That's my opinion, silly or not.

#29 Mission_hockey#2

Mission_hockey#2

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ September 18, 2005 - 10:41PM)
hey! What about Uwe Krupp??? biggrin.gif

Nah, I would want Fedorov back.

thumbup.gif

#30 kris_stanford

kris_stanford

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:34 AM

thumbup.gif fedorov all the frickin way

#31 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:45 AM

Brad Marsh.

#32 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (ToddDaGod @ September 20, 2005 - 10:00PM)
I guess we'll see this year. I think Datsyuk will do well, then we'll sign him long term for a big money contract that he wants so badly. Say what you will Federov isn't as good as he was, and he's getting worse. This year will show a lot. That's my opinion, silly or not.

If Dats has a good year, I doubt we could afford him for a long-term contract.

This is a guy who already considers himself equal to Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley.

Imagine what he'll think if he actually has a great season?

It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted the league max, or want to get out of Detroit in 2 years to go somewhere they can shell out big bucks for him.

#33 slej

slej

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

None Of The Above.

I'd take Darren McCarty.

#34 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (slej @ September 24, 2005 - 08:17PM)
None Of The Above.

I'd take Darren McCarty.

You'd take Darren McCarty's for 40 games over Sergei Fedorov for 80?

#35 maltbyrocks18

maltbyrocks18

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 19, 2005 - 04:05PM)
You can't be serious.

Osgood and Cujo have similar career sv pct...Osgood blows Cujo away everywhere else. And Osgood is not old and washed up like Cujo is...Osgood had better numbers than Cujo did last year despite playing on a far inferior team.

Osgood is a significant upgrade. Probably Holland's best move since signing Brett Hull was replacing Joseph with Osgood.

hm... wouldnt happen to have seen last years playoff stats for cujo and osgood would you??

min. W L T GA GAA SOG S % ENG SO
287:05 1 4 0 12 2.51 109 97 .890 0 0

517:34 4 4 0 12 1.39 197 185 .939 0 2

ok.. cujo has more wins, more games played, same goals allowed, lower GAA more SOG and S with a better save percentage, and also, cujo had to shut outs.

so in the playoffs, where it matters most, who really puts up the stats??

CUJO
respect all, but fear none.

#36 maltbyrocks18

maltbyrocks18

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 20, 2005 - 10:16PM)

Fedorov is also signed through 08, while Dats is only through 07. Datsyuk is interested in leaving at the end of the deal.

true, fedorov would NEVER leave the wings... laugh.gif

#37 maltbyrocks18

maltbyrocks18

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 24, 2005 - 10:10PM)
QUOTE (slej @ September 24, 2005 - 08:17PM)
None Of The Above.

I'd take Darren McCarty.

You'd take Darren McCarty's for 40 games over Sergei Fedorov for 80?

i gotta agree, out of the choices there, as much as i like mccarty, and enforcers, a player like fedorov would be alot more helpful.

#38 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (maltbyrocks18 @ September 24, 2005 - 10:20PM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 19, 2005 - 04:05PM)
You can't be serious.

Osgood and Cujo have similar career sv pct...Osgood blows Cujo away everywhere else. And Osgood is not old and washed up like Cujo is...Osgood had better numbers than Cujo did last year despite playing on a far inferior team.

Osgood is a significant upgrade. Probably Holland's best move since signing Brett Hull was replacing Joseph with Osgood.

hm... wouldnt happen to have seen last years playoff stats for cujo and osgood would you??

287:05 1 4 0 12 2.51 109 97 .890 0 0

517:34 4 4 0 12 1.39 197 185 .939 0 2

ok.. cujo has more wins, more games played, same goals allowed, lower GAA more SOG and S with a better save percentage, and also, cujo had to shut outs.

so in the playoffs, where it matters most, who really puts up the stats??

CUJO

Osgood was playing for a much worse team against a much more offensively capable team.

He played out of his mind and barely kept the scores from getting silly...the Blues were just that outmatched.

#39 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (maltbyrocks18 @ September 24, 2005 - 10:23PM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 20, 2005 - 10:16PM)

true, fedorov would NEVER leave the wings... laugh.gif

Even if Fedorov leaves after the deal..he's still around for a year longer than Datsyuk.

3 years of Fedorov>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2 years of Datsyuk

#40 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (MrKnowItAll @ September 19, 2005 - 05:01AM)
Interesting concept that could be used to Federov's advantage during a break away - it may provide a slight burst of speed and it could also cause any D man in pursuit a slight pause in his stride

Any way, if it were just for one season, Sergie would be it, if it were 5, it would be Datsyuk.

Yup.....get Sergei "back'? For what a week?
Gimme Pavel and 2 solid yrs. Save me a few months of drama - the other choices are a solid 'no thanks'.