Photo
- - - - -

Who on the Wings will have a breakout season?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ProfessorLidstrom5

ProfessorLidstrom5

Nick's in eleventh heaven!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:59 PM

Sorry if this was already discussed but who on the Wings' current roster including Datsyuk (who will be signed) will have a breakout year??

My pick is Zettercheddar for sure just because of his numbers from 03-04 and the fact that he can only get better from here on out...DISCUSS!!!

"He's smart, I tell ya. He's the same everyday. That's what puts him in a league separate from everyone else." - Mike Babcock on Nicklas Lidstrom

Sig created by TeeMan

#2 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:20 PM

Zetterberg, Kronwall, Williams, Fischer will all have breakout seasons. Possibly Datsyuk too, depends on whether you consider last season 'breakout' because it's difficult to have two in a row ya know.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#3 mangothrower

mangothrower

Rookie

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:40 PM

Williams is a slam-dunk answer.

#4 TNBT

TNBT

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:58 PM

Zetterberg - With the maturity he showed in handling his negotiations recently, he has further cemented his position as the future leader of this team, and as such his team-mates will look for him more often and show more faith and confidence in him. Also, he is set for a big year anyway as far as his game is concerned, as long as he doesn't get injured again.

Williams - As mango said, a "slam dunk answer" as he will see like twice as much ice time as he ever has. Babcock loves him and he has shown that he has game during training camp and exhibition games. With his defensive energy and shooting ability, he will be a nice little surprise packet for the rest of the NHL this year.

Filppula - It may be in the AHL, but I think he will have a great year and prove he is ready for the NHL next year.

Hudler - Like Filppula, his year will likely be in Grand Rapids. He is getting close to make or break time in his career, and Babcock has shown that he is a fan of the kid but he has to work harder. With Babcock watching him and pushing him to work harder, Hudler should take some big steps forward this year.

#5 asmith18

asmith18

Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:03 PM

Yeah Williams is gonna have a breakout year. Last time there was a hockey season he was put on the bench as a scratch most of the season and the first game he plays gets a hat trick. He's playing pretty solid this season so far and he's young so he'll be around for a while.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!

#6 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

You gonna make biscuits?!

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:10 PM

I would have said it earlier, and now I have more reason to. Zetterberg is going to make things big this year, and he's off to a great start.

#7 McVogel91

McVogel91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:59 PM

Samuelsson, he's got all the tools.

#8 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:27 PM

Hoping Zetter keeps it going.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#9 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

J willy
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.