Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:58 PM

? Really? The same Stillman who scored 80 points in 2004 for the Lighting

#22 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:20 PM

According to the message boards on redwingscentral, Ryan Barnes is in camp, and scored a goal in the scrimmage yesterday. He was a "last minute invite". Also, it appears Joey MacDonald will be out much longer than expected, and the Griffins are looking to sign another goalie so they aren't stuck with MacIntyre and Koopmans for a month or more..

Thanks for the updates! Sucks about MacDonald. Do you think Howard would be able to carry the majority of load?

#23 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (ToddDaGod @ September 25, 2005 - 02:20PM)

Thanks for the updates! Sucks about MacDonald. Do you think Howard would be able to carry the majority of load?

The way he's been playing in Detroit, it looks like he could carry a decent load and play well. But, since Osgood is going to be out for probably another month..Howard will be in Detroit. Leaving MacIntyre and Koopmans as the 2 goalies in GR. I read in the Grand Rapids Press that Griffins management is looking to sign another goalie to an AHL contract so they're not stuck with MacIntyre as a starter.

#24 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (WesternWing @ September 24, 2005 - 10:58PM)

interesting player...hmmm if only GR management would dump some of their over the hill vets.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#25 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ September 28, 2005 - 11:55AM)
QUOTE (WesternWing @ September 24, 2005 - 10:58PM)

interesting player...hmmm if only GR management would dump some of their over the hill vets.

who's over the hill?? Travis richards is the oldest player at 35...Helmer is 33, the other 25+ players are under 30

#26 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:39 AM

Barnes is dominating on a line with Big Snake. wink.gif 3 pts last night.

http://www.griffinsh...m/news/?id=3857
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#27 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:18 AM

Barnes is dominating on a line with Big Snake.  3 pts last night.

Good to see. Is it Barnes-Olahen(sp?)-Big Snake? If so, that has to be one of the hardest lines to play against. Too bad Barnes didn't start swinging, he would got the Gordie Howe.

#28 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:01 PM

Do any of you know who fought last night, it says in the article both teams were issued with a five minute major, but it doesn't say who it was.
"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#29 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:30 PM

^ I have no idea.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#30 DrThunderer

DrThunderer

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:53 PM

I hope you all noted the name of the arena that the griffins/admirals game was at.

"Mullet Ice Arena"

yes, that is really the name, i live about 30 minutes from there and can't believe i missed my chance to see the griffins play there.

#31 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:59 AM

They won again tonight 3-2 (Griffinshockey.com). Hackert with the game winner. Good to see!

#32 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:24 AM

man I bet Hackert is fun to watch.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#33 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:17 PM

Good to here about Hackert! Anybody going to the game tonight?

#34 SUPERSTUD

SUPERSTUD

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb - but who's who?

• Silver Booster
  • 450 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:27 PM

griffs let big snake go...

eptember 30, 2005 - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League on Friday assigned defenseman Bryce Charpentier to the Florida Everblades (ECHL). In addition, the team released defensemen Brett Angel and Tim Judy, along with forwards Robin Big Snake, Jeff Nelson, Cory Stillman and Daniel Tkaczuk. Twenty-eight players remain on the Griffins’ training camp roster.

#35 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:36 PM

griffs let big snake go...

eptember 30, 2005 - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League on Friday assigned defenseman Bryce Charpentier to the Florida Everblades (ECHL). In addition, the team released defensemen Brett Angel and Tim Judy, along with forwards Robin Big Snake, Jeff Nelson, Cory Stillman and Daniel Tkaczuk. Twenty-eight players remain on the Griffins’ training camp roster.

That sucks big time.

#36 WesternWing

WesternWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

Griffins Recap with boxscore

Chicago vs Griffins

book mark this site for pete's sake thumbup.gif

#37 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

Serouisly why the flying f*ck would they cut Snake, Stillman and Daniel Tkaczuk. IOASHASFAFAF (BANGS HEAD ON KEYBOARD) OFBNR9UDBISGRNGNT4UTUEG

WTF and WHY?
I DO NOT understand this move for the life of me. Stillman and Daniel Tkaczuk show a load of promise and Snake had a damn soild camp both with wings and GR.

#38 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ October 2, 2005 - 11:25AM)
Serouisly  why the flying f*ck would they cut Snake, Stillman and Daniel Tkaczuk. IOASHASFAFAF (BANGS HEAD ON KEYBOARD) OFBNR9UDBISGRNGNT4UTUEG

WTF and WHY?
I DO NOT understand this move for the life of me. Stillman and Daniel Tkaczuk show a load of promise and Snake had a damn soild camp both with wings and GR.

Stillman showed promise...? He had 10 goals in the ECHL last year...I think you're confusing him with Cory Stillman who played for Tampa last year and plays for Carolina this year....2 different players. Not only that, but the Griffins are FULL...every player who is left in camp, except for 3 or 4, is under contract with the Griffins or Redwings. Their roster is already at 22-23 players..theres no room for any of those other guys..they were simply invited to fill out the training camp rosters because so many of the Griffins were still up with the wings when their camp started.

Edited by WingMan56, 02 October 2005 - 04:49 PM.