• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Michigan Vs. Michigan State

Rate this topic

ok. Hard to believe its time to begin one of the best weeks in college football.

MICHIGAN-MICHIGAN STATE WEEK

Looks like this game will be really good.

Surprise, surprise...i go going for Michigan State.

The spartans will be looking for revenge from last year's game. Spartans look like a completely different team this year compared to other years. Their offense matching up against the wolverines defense will be very key in this game. Good game but sorry michigan fans. This game goes to the Spartans.

GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

I will be curious to see if Mike Hart plays for Michigan this saturday. The Wolverines desperately need Hart to play.

I noticed with the Spartans this year that Stanton isn't aggressively running the ball around like he did last year. More experience and maturity are a major factor. Michigan State is relying more on running backs Teague, Caulcrick, and Ringer...rather than Stanton

carr should consider himself lucky to still have a job after this. going 2-2 with still games against michigan state, penn state, minnesota, iowa, and ohio state. Could be a very rough year for big blue.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.........

Penn State.............

If Michigan doesn't blow them out then we have a MAJOR problem.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.........

Penn State.............

Michigan is 2 - 2 right now. They have effectively ended their season, a chance at the Rose Bowl, their chance at a big BCS Bowl isn't going to be good.

They already have major problems.

But keep drinking the yellow and blue kool-aide. rolleyes.gif

Whoa Whoa Whoa.........

Penn State.............

Penn State is 4-0. At the beginning of the season, I would have easily penciled that a W for michigan in their schedule. Not anymore.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.........

Penn State.............

Michigan is 2 - 2 right now. They have effectively ended their season, a chance at the Rose Bowl, their chance at a big BCS Bowl isn't going to be good.

The last time Michigan was .500 this late in the season, they won 8 straight on route to the citrus bowl. With the tougher part of Michigan's schedule coming up, I don't think the wolverines can repeat that task.

I can't friggin' wait. After last year's game, we need to get some revenge.

And I can't remember the last time State went into the game with a better record that UofM either. Anyone?

And I will not be attending the game, but I will be tailgating heavily. smile.gif GO STATE!

I can't friggin' wait. After last year's game, we need to get some revenge.

And I can't remember the last time State went into the game with a better record that UofM either. Anyone?

And I will not be attending the game, but I will be tailgating heavily. smile.gif GO STATE!

what about the year that michigan state had burke and burress, the year michigan state went to the citrus bowl against florida.

I know the year of the "chuck it to duckett" or to michigan fans, "the last seconds that lasted forever", the wolverines had a better record but it was close.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.........

Penn State.............

If Michigan beats Michigan State, the teams are tied in Big Ten standings, and the tiebreaker for h2h would go to the Wolverines.

If Michigan wins out, only Wisconsin has a chance to beat them, and Wisconsin still has to play Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa, all of whom could beat them.

I can't friggin' wait.  After last year's game, we need to get some revenge.

And I can't remember the last time State went into the game with a better record that UofM either.  Anyone?

what about the year that michigan state had burke and burress, the year michigan state went to the citrus bowl against florida.

I know the year of the "chuck it to duckett" or to michigan fans, "the last seconds that lasted forever", the wolverines had a better record but it was close.

lol i remember that...what a gyp. "botched" clock work cost UM a chance at the national title.

Has anybody informed Henne that Braylon graduated? He is still throwing to high and deep to Edwards...

I must say the Michigan offense is awful without Hart and Edwards -- we could see a .500 Big Ten season and no bowl game if they don't shake the cob webs. I still think they can pull off a win against a very good looking State team, maybe.

Has anybody informed Henne that Braylon graduated? He is still throwing to high and deep to Edwards...

I must say the Michigan offense is awful without Hart and Edwards -- we could see a .500 Big Ten season and no bowl game if they don't shake the cob webs. I still think they can pull off a win against a very good looking State team, maybe.

Michigan also is relying a ton on breaston and this year, he has been disappointing. I would start Manningham and Avant. Those are the only receivers constantly contributing.

I know they're 2-2 but I like how Michigan falls over 15 spots for losing by 3 points. Anyone else think Michigan gets the shaft in the polls sometimes?

Anyways, this is the first time I've been worried about playing MSU in years. Not to say that I don't think MSU ever has a chance to beat us, but I get worried when I don't think we'll win. This is going to be a game where Michigan shows what it's made of, either they're going to fade into the Big Ten night by losing again or they're going to wake the hell up and win a big game for once.

Edited by Happy Pancake

I know they're 2-2 but I like how Michigan falls over 15 spots for losing by 3 points. Anyone else think Michigan gets the shaft in the polls sometimes?

Anyways, this is the first time I've been worried about playing MSU in years. Not to say that I don't think MSU ever has a chance to beat us, but I get worried when I don't think we'll win. This is going to be a game where Michigan shows what it's made of, either they're going to fade into the Big Ten night by losing again or they're going to wake the hell up and win a big game for once.

its not 15 spots. It is only 12 spots. Michigan dropped that many when they lost to notre dame.

Michigan better wake up in this game. They need to find a way to control this game. Mike Hart is extremely needed for the wolverines.

final poll of 1997 is all you need as proof of Michigan getting the shaft in the polls sometimes.

But I agree...I also wonder how Michigan can not move in the polls after clobbering Eastern 55-0...Notre Dame fell behind, but Cal moved ahead for fighting to beat Illinois 35-20...the same Illinois that nearly lost to RUTGERS, and would one week later get DESTROYED by MSU?

Michigan has always gotten the shaft in the polls...lose and they drop a dozen, win and they sometimes drop--a year or two back Michigan opened up with a few wins and steadily DROPPED while WINNING. Can you say wtf?

I actually disagree. The national pollsters are always happy to rank UM in the top ten, often top five, and even #1 preseason. It usually winds up working against us (see this year). I would rather work my way up through the season a bit (although the BCS will screw you that way too if you wind up #3 undefeated).

Although I'm a UM fan & grad, I would rather see a team from Michigan win the big ten title - therefore if the Spartans keep on their roll and beat us, I will root for them to win the conference. The way they are playing, it seems likely. Plus, it's been several years since they won, and the Spartans get one in eventually. wink.gif Don't see it being a blow-out though....

What are they saying about Carr in Michigan? I like the guy, but hey it might be time to go.....problem is UM usually hires from within so getting "new blood" and ideas isn't really an option....I still think Michigan has a very talented team...things just aren't going their way and they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Probably going to miss most of the game Sat - hope it's a thriller...

Edited by RockyMountainWingGal

If you want to know what Michigan fans are thinking, go to UMGoBlue.com forums. It's a been a wonderful read tonite. laugh.gif

In addition, this could be a good thing, shake the bandwagon loose of dead weight, it did wonders for OSU in the last of the Cooper years.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

I think Carr is ridiculously underrated.

This is the first time in seven years Michigan has been unranked, and only the fifth time ever under Lloyd Carr (the previous four were all in the 1998 season in which they were Big Ten champions). Michigan has been top ten 63 times under Carr. Carr came into the season at 95-26, meaning he's averaged better than nine wins per season.

Carr is one of only eight coaches to EVER win five big ten championships, one of only three at Michigan.

Carr has never not gone to a bowl game with Michigan.

Carr's teams are 63-18 in Big Ten play and he is the active leader in Big Ten victories.

Yet somehow, he gets no credit as the great coach that he is, and if Michigan even so much as stumbles, Michigan fans and non-fans alike are "Fire Carr!"

Wtf?

I think Carr is ridiculously underrated.

This is the first time in seven years Michigan has been unranked, and only the fifth time ever under Lloyd Carr (the previous four were all in the 1998 season in which they were Big Ten champions). Michigan has been top ten 63 times under Carr. Carr came into the season at 95-26, meaning he's averaged better than nine wins per season.

Carr is one of only eight coaches to EVER win five big ten championships, one of only three at Michigan.

Carr has never not gone to a bowl game with Michigan.

Carr's teams are 63-18 in Big Ten play and he is the active leader in Big Ten victories.

Yet somehow, he gets no credit as the great coach that he is, and if Michigan even so much as stumbles, Michigan fans and non-fans alike are "Fire Carr!"

Wtf?

Michigan under Lloyd Carr is....

4-9: Michigan's combined record against Ohio State, Notre Dame, Iowa and in bowl games going back to 2002.

5-5: Bowl Record

3-4: Record against Notre Dame

0-2: Record against Big 12 including Bowl Games

1-2: Record in Rose Bowl

5-5: Record against Ohio State

3-4: Record against Pac 10

This pretty much sums up a pretty AVERAGE coach. However, at Michigan....the most winningest college football program, is average enough.

http://www.firelloydcarr.us/