• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Michigan Vs. Michigan State

Rate this topic

Fire Lloyd Carr.us.

Now thats some funny stuff. We need a regime change at Michigan.

College football badly needs a system change too though. They are all messed up with this BCS bowl game system. Only major sport to not crown a national champion through a tournament. Therefore it is not a major sport, not in my opinion anymore

Fire Lloyd Carr.us.

Now thats some funny stuff. We need a regime change at Michigan.

College football badly needs a system change too though. They are all messed up with this BCS bowl game system. Only major sport to not crown a national champion through a tournament. Therefore it is not a major sport, not in my opinion anymore

While I agree with you on there should be a College Football tournament, to call college football not a major sport is obsurd. College Football brings in the most money for the school and more people watch college football than say...college baseball. College football is definately a major sport.

All of you Anti-Carr people are funny. It's not his fault that Michigan's talent level has dropped and MSU's has increased. If U of M won (which I strongly doubt that they will), all of the bandwagoning Carr-haters will forget about him and start cheering about the Wolverines again. Coaches don't lose their ability to coach over time, but teams do lose their good players.

GO GREEN!

Hasnt Michigan been in the top 5 recruiting classes the last couple of years. I dont think talent is the issue. It has to be coaching on some level. The Michigan players have not been executing a lot of their assignments throughout the season, that has to come back to coaching and practice at some point.

All of you Anti-Carr people are funny. It's not his fault that Michigan's talent level has dropped and MSU's has increased. If U of M won (which I strongly doubt that they will), all of the bandwagoning Carr-haters will forget about him and start cheering about the Wolverines again. Coaches don't lose their ability to coach over time, but teams do lose their good players.

GO GREEN!

How do you figure? Michigan's talent hasn't decreased one bit. They're probably the most talented team in the nation outside of USC and maybe Texas. They have a top five recruiting class EVERY season.

GO GREEN!

People have been saying Carr is way too conservative for many years. Of course people aren't going to be complaining as much when they are winning becuase....well....they are winning. However, that doesn't change the fact that he is conservative as hell. Michigan at 2-2 is unacceptable, you can blame the refs for the two botched touchdown calls, blame whatever or whoever, still doesn't change the fact that he isn't aggressive one bit.

Teams do lose their good players but Coaches don't lose their abilitly to coach [conservatively] over time. wink.gif

I think Carr is ridiculously underrated.

This is the first time in seven years Michigan has been unranked, and only the fifth time ever under Lloyd Carr (the previous four were all in the 1998 season in which they were Big Ten champions). Michigan has been top ten 63 times under Carr. Carr came into the season at 95-26, meaning he's averaged better than nine wins per season.

Carr is one of only eight coaches to EVER win five big ten championships, one of only three at Michigan.

Carr has never not gone to a bowl game with Michigan.

Carr's teams are 63-18 in Big Ten play and he is the active leader in Big Ten victories.

Yet somehow, he gets no credit as the great coach that he is, and if Michigan even so much as stumbles, Michigan fans and non-fans alike are "Fire Carr!"

Wtf?

Michigan under Lloyd Carr is....

4-9: Michigan's combined record against Ohio State, Notre Dame, Iowa and in bowl games going back to 2002.

5-5: Bowl Record

3-4: Record against Notre Dame

0-2: Record against Big 12 including Bowl Games

1-2: Record in Rose Bowl

5-5: Record against Ohio State

3-4: Record against Pac 10

This pretty much sums up a pretty AVERAGE coach. However, at Michigan....the most winningest college football program, is average enough.

http://www.firelloydcarr.us/

Lloyd Carr is the best head coach Michigan has had since Fielding Yost.

Seriously...how many head coaches have had a national championship since 1995?

How many coaches have gone to a bowl game every year they've been a head coach?

How many can claim that every signle one of their former starting quarterbacks has gone on to the NFL, including Tom Brady, who has been named Super Bowl MVP how many times now?

I think Carr is ridiculously underrated.

This is the first time in seven years Michigan has been unranked, and only the fifth time ever under Lloyd Carr (the previous four were all in the 1998 season in which they were Big Ten champions). Michigan has been top ten 63 times under Carr. Carr came into the season at 95-26, meaning he's averaged better than nine wins per season.

Carr is one of only eight coaches to EVER win five big ten championships, one of only three at Michigan.

Carr has never not gone to a bowl game with Michigan.

Carr's teams are 63-18 in Big Ten play and he is the active leader in Big Ten victories.

Yet somehow, he gets no credit as the great coach that he is, and if Michigan even so much as stumbles, Michigan fans and non-fans alike are "Fire Carr!"

Wtf?

4-9: Michigan's combined record against Ohio State, Notre Dame, Iowa and in bowl games going back to 2002.

This pretty much sums up a pretty AVERAGE coach. However, at Michigan....the most winningest college football program, is average enough.

Lloyd Carr is the best head coach Michigan has had since Fielding Yost.

Seriously...how many head coaches have had a national championship since 1995?

How many coaches have gone to a bowl game every year they've been a head coach?

How many can claim that every signle one of their former starting quarterbacks has gone on to the NFL, including Tom Brady, who has been named Super Bowl MVP how many times now?

hey. if you are happy with the job lloyd carr is doing, thats fine. I wouldnt be. You have each and every year, one of best recruiting classes and yet can't do anything with them. Lloyd Carr is too conservative and the team is weak against any quarterback that can run. Michigan is 2-4 in their last six games. Thats huge. If Michigan went any stretch like that during a season, they would fire the coach immediately. Michigan better do something or its MOTOR CITY BOWL BOUND!

I will be curious to see if Mike Hart plays for Michigan this saturday. The Wolverines desperately need Hart to play.

Based on everything I've read, Hart is a possible for this weekend. Since this is such a big game I think it will be tough to keep him out of the lineup. John L and the Spartans are expecting him to play and have been running their practices accordingly.

As for a prediction, I am optimistic about the Spartan's chances. Especially after the way they demolished the Illini. But this is a big rivalry game. Anything can happen. You might as well throw records out the window.

Based on everything I've read, Hart is a possible for this weekend. Since this is such a big game I think it will be tough to keep him out of the lineup. John L and the Spartans are expecting him to play and have been running their practices accordingly.

As for a prediction, I am optimistic about the Spartan's chances. Especially after the way they demolished the Illini. But this is a big rivalry game. Anything can happen. You might as well throw records out the window.

The Illini barely beat Rutgers and were losing most of the game...they are a pathetic excuse for Big Ten team.

Michigan slaughtered Eastern...so what?

and yes, Michigan has gone 2-4 in their last 6 games...but each of those losses was close, and aside from a couple calls I've already mentioned, a couple should have been even closer.

The Illini barely beat Rutgers and were losing most of the game...they are a pathetic excuse for Big Ten team.

Michigan slaughtered Eastern...so what?

and yes, Michigan has gone 2-4 in their last 6 games...but each of those losses was close, and aside from a couple calls I've already mentioned, a couple should have been even closer.

Actually that one game you played in Columbus against that one team....wasnt very close after the first half. And even then, it wasnt looking as close as the score.

Can we all at least agree that LLLoyd Carr has the personality of dried raisin?

5-5 Bowl record doesn't bother me, considering we're often playing top 5 teams (ie USC, Texas, etc)

3-4 vs the Irish is very sub-par, considering they haven't been very good for much of this stretch, but it is a rivalry series

1-2 in Rose Bowl: not great, but UM has never played well on the West coast - it was worse under Bo

5-5 vs OSU: probably as expected considering the heated rivalry and talent of both teams

3-4 vs Pac-ten; so-so; most of those games were on the West coast though - those pansies rarely want to fly up to the midwest to play.

As a Spartan fan, wouldn't you take most of Carr's statistics over the course of his coaching?

I have nothing personal against Lloyd Carr - I have liked him as the Wolverine's coach since he arrived (better than Bo if you ask me). I also respect that UM tends to keep coaches around for awhile and rewards loyalty (although I thought Mo was terrible). How many coaches has MSU gone through during this time? Sabin, Williams (?), Smith?? I'm still not sold on Smith - he's just "OK" - I certainly don't see him as being better than Carr. Point is though, that I think it is OK to question the coaching tenure of Carr - and if it turns that the University thinks it's time for a change, then so be it. But I'm not calling for him to be "fired" in the heat of the moment.

5-5 Bowl record doesn't bother me, considering we're often playing top 5 teams (ie USC, Texas, etc)

3-4 vs the Irish is very sub-par, considering they haven't been very good for much of this stretch, but it is a rivalry series

1-2 in Rose Bowl: not great, but UM has never played well on the West coast - it was worse under Bo

5-5 vs OSU: probably as expected considering the heated rivalry and talent of both teams

3-4 vs Pac-ten; so-so; most of those games were on the West coast though - those pansies rarely want to fly up to the midwest to play.

As a Spartan fan, wouldn't you take most of Carr's statistics over the course of his coaching?

I have nothing personal against Lloyd Carr - I have liked him as the Wolverine's coach since he arrived (better than Bo if you ask me). I also respect that UM tends to keep coaches around for awhile and rewards loyalty (although I thought Mo was terrible). How many coaches has MSU gone through during this time? Sabin, Williams (?), Smith?? I'm still not sold on Smith - he's just "OK" - I certainly don't see him as being better than Carr. Point is though, that I think it is OK to question the coaching tenure of Carr - and if it turns that the University thinks it's time for a change, then so be it. But I'm not calling for him to be "fired" in the heat of the moment.

the difference is tho that michigan has a tradition of being a better team than michigan state, probably will always be. Michigan has no problem getting the top high school recruits and getting 106,000+ in their staduim. Michigan is a nationally known school known for its rich football history.

the problem is tho that carr has not delivered since 97. Too many losses to teams it should have beat, and he has taken his school with high expectations and lowered them. Michigan's goal year and year out should be to WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. For a long time, the goal at Michigan was to WIN THE ROSE BOWL. Now Carr is happy to even BE IN THE ROSE BOWL. There is a definately decline in expectations. What is next? Just be in the TOP 3 OF THE BIG TEN??

Time for a change now.

As for a prediction, I am optimistic about the Spartan's chances. Especially after the way they demolished the Illini. 

I never said Illinois was all that great. But they are the kind of team MSU usually has trouble with, especially sandwiched between a big win against ND and a big rivalry game with UM. Instead of falling flat, Stanton and company took care of business, not just winning the game but rewriting the MSU record books (total offense, passing td's, rushing yards for a freshman) piling up more than 600 yards. I'm optimistic because I think MSU will have that same focus against UM.

I never said Illinois was all that great. But they are the kind of team MSU usually has trouble with, especially sandwiched between a big win against ND and a big rivalry game with UM. Instead of falling flat, Stanton and company took care of business, not just winning the game but rewriting the MSU record books (total offense, passing td's, rushing yards for a freshman) piling up more than 600 yards. I'm optimistic because I think MSU will have that same focus against UM.

michigan state has a history of falling flat the next week after a big win. It doesnt matter whom the team is.

until Carr took the reigns there was a huge difference in the OSU series (very biased in Michigans favor) Carr led teams have a problem with conditioning typically (they always do well in the first half and struggle second half, and do better late in teh season once they get the conditioning up)Do I think he needs to go, not neccessarily, but they need someone to point out the obvious and not be afraid to do it (noone wants to tell teh UM football coach he's doing anything wrong)

the problem is tho that carr has not delivered since 97. Too many losses to teams it should have beat, and he has taken his school with high expectations and lowered them. Michigan's goal year and year out should be to WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. For a long time, the goal at Michigan was to WIN THE ROSE BOWL. Now Carr is happy to even BE IN THE ROSE BOWL. There is a definately decline in expectations. What is next? Just be in the TOP 3 OF THE BIG TEN??

Time for a change now.

Look at the other side of the coin though: Carr is better than Bo or Mo: neither won a national championship and struggled in the Rose Bowl. Loyd at least got there and won a big one. Yes, he's conservative, but that's a relative term - compared to his predecessors he's far less conservative. The Carr teams have at least been more exciting than the "3 yards and a pile of dust" teams. I can't argue with the fact that he's blown too many of the big games lately, but that doesn't erase the good run he's had as Michigan's coach.

btw, stupid game is only locally televised for those of you in the midwest/Michigan. Luckily, I get the ESPN game plan - I even invited some of my Spartan friends over since they won't get the game. 10am too - ugh - have to be gone in the morning, so will miss much of it. Just hope it's at least close and interesting when I get back.....

the problem is tho that carr has not delivered since 97. Too many losses to teams it should have beat, and he has taken his school with high expectations and lowered them. Michigan's goal year and year out should be to WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. For a long time, the goal at Michigan was to WIN THE ROSE BOWL. Now Carr is happy to even BE IN THE ROSE BOWL. There is a definately decline in expectations. What is next?  Just be in the TOP 3 OF THE BIG TEN??

Time for a change now.

Look at the other side of the coin though: Carr is better than Bo or Mo: neither won a national championship and struggled in the Rose Bowl. Loyd at least got there and won a big one. Yes, he's conservative, but that's a relative term - compared to his predecessors he's far less conservative. The Carr teams have at least been more exciting than the "3 yards and a pile of dust" teams. I can't argue with the fact that he's blown too many of the big games lately, but that doesn't erase the good run he's had as Michigan's coach.

btw, stupid game is only locally televised for those of you in the midwest/Michigan. Luckily, I get the ESPN game plan - I even invited some of my Spartan friends over since they won't get the game. 10am too - ugh - have to be gone in the morning, so will miss much of it. Just hope it's at least close and interesting when I get back.....

unless a miracle happens, I am not going to be able to watch the game at all. I got last weekend off and you typically only get 1 weekend off a month at this place. I will be shocked when i call on sunday for my assignments and nothing shows up.