• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
norrisnick

McGrath lighting the OHL on fire

Rate this topic

I'm glad to see McGrath getting his season off to a fine start. We're a little weak when it comes to North American prospects.

As for Kindl, I guess one assist ain't bad. I hope he gets on track this season, and manages to improve on his 14 point total from last year. Call me old fashioned, but I like my offensive defencemen to actually put something up in the way of offence.

9 points in the first 2 games? Wow.

Have him average 4.5 PPG all season, that's over 350 points right there!

Kidding.

Edited by BeeRYCE

Kindl will have a fine season.

He's on pace for 40+ points, which is a solid year.

This guy was playing in the top Czech men's league at 15 and not looking out of place. That's the equivalent of a 15 year old playing in the AHL (about level with the Czech league)...that has to say something about his skill level.

Kindl will have a fine season.

He's on pace for 40+ points, which is a solid year.

This guy was playing in the top Czech men's league at 15 and not looking out of place. That's the equivalent of a 15 year old playing in the AHL (about level with the Czech league)...that has to say something about his skill level.

Exactly, and he was playing in the OHL at the age of 17, so surely scouts couldn’t have expected him to excel last season. He was +1 today, and had 6 PIM's.

How much weaker is the OHL to the AHL, i.e. how reflective is this form?

5 goals and 4 assists (2-3 and 3-1)

Teammate Jakub Kindl has 1 assist for the year thus far.

peace

Shocker! Oh wait, McGrath was ready to be AHL bound but their already uber-stocked with AHL havnots and wastful prospects.

5 goals and 4 assists (2-3 and 3-1)

Teammate Jakub Kindl has 1 assist for the year thus far.

peace

Shocker! Oh wait, McGrath was ready to be AHL bound but their already uber-stocked with AHL havnots and wastful prospects.

McGrath can't go to the AHL yet...he's only 19.

A junior player may not be placed in the AHL instead of beign returned to his junior club.

Got to see the Rangers play last night. I was keeping my eyes on Kindl and McGrath just out of curiousity.

McGrath looked pretty good out there. He didn't score but I think he got an assist on the powerplay. He's patient with the puck and he has incredible bursts of speed. I was impressed most by how hard - and fast - he skated to get back and take away odd man rushes.

Kindl was okay. I'm not trying to be negative and I probably only noticed his mistakes because I was watching him as much as I could. He played a lot of minutes out there including most PP's and PK's. He has good lateral movement out there, seems like he has good skills. I did notice make one ugly pass up the middle in his own end. And he screwed up at the offensive blueline at one point too and the other team scored directly as a result. I felt like making the dreaded 'Fischer' comparison but reminded myself that this was just ONE game and that any comparison would be completely unfounded. Anyways, I hope that these guys will be in red sometime in the future.....

PS. i noticed Mcgrath wears #19

McGrath turned 19 in January.

Here's hoping that he makes the WJC squad.

Here are some possibilities

Canada:

McGrath ... good chance at playing for the deepest junior team in the world

Czech:

Kindl ... probably a lock

USA:

Abdeldader ... Will probably have to wait until next year

Haskins ... good chance

Sweden:

Ryno ... playing well .. good chance to make it ... scored game winner the other night in Sweden's second division

Ritola ... no stranger to international duty ... good chance to make it .. not producing in SEL so far.

Axelsson ... probably the best chance at making it

Lofberg ... decent shot ... not producing in SEL so far

Finland

Mielonen ... might make it ... he's played a lot of international u18 hockey. u20 is the next logical step.

I believe Evan McGrath added another 2 goals and 2 assists tonight in a 5-2 win over the Erie Otters. Looks like he's not slowing down. He was the second star of the game; I gather Kitchener's goalie played awesome and took home first star honours. Meanwhile, Kindl was a -1. dry.gif