• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
UnderPressure

MLB Playoffs

Rate this topic

i disagree on so much of that.

agree on:

hou over atl. atlanta collapses in the playoffs. they have to face an astros team that will start clemens, pettite, and oswalt. o, yea, and they have one of the 3 best closers in the league to hold those 1-0 leads in the ninth.

stl over san diego: the padres shouldn't even be there. congratulations san diego, you just pulled off a winning season. now you face the best team in the league. the cardsinals have nasty pitching staff that will give the other team no breaks, and with tavarez, king, and an elite closer in izzy coming ut of the pen, it will be hell to score. and let's not forget the monster bat of nlcs mvp albert pujols.

bos over chws:

i don't trust chicago to do much. red sox have the experience, and the white sox have been iffy as of late. i just plain do not see the white beating the red. albeit, the sox, with a nice staff, have the best potential tp upset, especially with questionable boston pitching.

disagree:

ana over nyy: the angels have been playing better recently than the yanks have been. the yanks do have some clutch bats in sheff, jeter, and a-rod, but the angels can throw out vlad and anderson, neither of which are to be taken lightly. what will decide this series, and essenitially every playoff series, is the pitching. anaheim has it as their worst playoff starter is coming off of a regular season with a 3.74 era. the yankees starting pitching relies heavily on guys like small and chacon. yikes. the unit and moose are no longer the aces the yanks need to win a series. they still have the sandman at the end, which is important, but it's not like anaheim has a slouch coming out in the 9th.

anaheim over boston:

who is boston's closer? mike timlin, with 13 saves and 7 blown? not good. the red sox lost in 2003 because of their pen, and it will cost them again. also, a suspect staff will be crippling in the postseason. anaheim's staff and a solid bullpen will win them the penant.

stl over houston:

both have great closers and great pitching. houston is better in both regards, but not by a ton. houston had the best regular season defense. st. louis was number 2. st. louis outscored the astors by 112 runs during the regular season, and with near-even d, that offense will be the difference maker. also, with clemens's health in question, things aren't looking great if he's needed for 2-3 playoff starts.

ws:

stl over anaheim.

both have really solid pitching. st. louis's is slightly better, though that can be argued, especially since anaheim had some more punishing lineups to face in the regular season.

st louis scored 54 more runs in the regular season, so i am inclined to side wih the cardinals. plus, the cardinals should be out with a vengeance after an embarrassing performance in the series last year.

should be an amazing playoff year. a lot of potential for upsets. clemens, carpenter, rivera, unit, k-rod, oswalt, pettite, schilling, buehrle, garland, colon, washburn, lackey, smoltz, hudson, peavy, hoffman, izzy, and lidge all pitching. the games four best non-pitchers-pujols, a-rod, vlad, and ortiz-all in the postseason. the home run and rbi leaders of both leagues.

i love october.

I did a damn fine job of not watching baseball this season. A few observations though.

San Diego is a joke

The Angels OWN the Yankees.

Boston v Chicago should be a damn fine series.

Atlanta needs to step up and add another ring to their 14 division titles.

Houston barely made it in but they have pitching, which is always dangerous. They wont do as well as they did last year with Beltran.

St. Louis is going to be tough to beat again this year. They have to be the favorite going in but they just got flat punched in the mouth last year. How do they respond if that happens again this year?

baseball is the sport i watch the least compared to the other 3. But i still find myself loving baseball for this time of the calender year.

I have the angels over the yanks...boston over chicago.....angels are going back to the world series.

St. Louis will win the world series tho because they are going to beat the padres...then beat the astros whom beat the braves....st louis will want to prove that they are not the same team last year in the world series. CARDS WIN! CARDS WIN!

i;m happy the red sox lost. i did pick them to win that series, but i'm glad to see them lose. white sox are my third least favorite team, boston's at second least favorite, and yankees are at least favorite.

yankees down 11-7 with 2 outs in the bottom of the eigth. if the yankees start anything in the 9th, shields and k-rod should stop them.

Never under estimate the power of the rally monkey. Los Angels look DAMN fine right now. I'm interested to see if the Braves can actually do something in a post-season other than show up for the party. Gotta love John Smoltz out pitching Clemens. Smoltz is an F'n gamer!

So much for the Red Sx showing up this post-season. Guess letting Pedro and Lowe walk weren't the best of decisions. They got their title. They can wait another 80+ years for another one. The other Sox haven't won one in nearly as long as the Red Sox last year. Black Sox scandal anyone?

redsox should have pitched schill in game 3. the rotation should have been set up so he could be in place to stop a losing streak. even though he's been bad this year, him and wells are the most clutch pitchers on that staff, and schilling is one of the best gamers in baseball. if boston wins game 3, they have a little bit of momentum and still a ton of support at home in game 4. game 5 is the only concern, and boomer can pitch that, hopefully, for boston, to better results.

could've, should've, would've.

clemens getting outpitched by a michigan native and getting lit up was nice to see.

i still think the astros have that series, and, hell, maybe even the world series. the pitching is just far too nasty.

the rainout of the yanks game bothers me. it means moose can pitch tomorrow night on 4 days rest. not what i want to see. at least the angels pen gets a rest after getting worked hard yesterday.

Balls and strikes should never be replayed. They are all judgment calls and the umpires make those calls whether good or bad. Calling someone out by raising your fist and then allowing the play to resume because the batter, a catcher, worked over the ump is utter BS. The Angels had a legit beef with that game. I predict Los Angels win the next 3 in a row.

Los Angels look DAMN fine right now.

Los Angeles? You sure? Last time i checked, the Dodgers are nowhere near the playoffs. 20 games below .500.

EDIT: You wrote "Los Angels", not "Los Angeles". I know you meant "The Angels. "My bad. smile.gif

Edited by UnderPressure

Replay in Hockey-yes

Replay in Basketball-yes

Replay in Football-yes

Replay in Baseball-no

Should there be?

if there ever was a time to input instant reply in baseball, its this offseason so that reply can be in next season. I think it will be too.

Los Angeles? You sure? Last time i checked, the Dodgers are nowhere near the playoffs. 20 games below .500.

EDIT: You wrote "Los Angels", not "Los Angeles". I know you meant "The Angels. "My bad. smile.gif

The Angels are technically the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim so by calling the team "LA" or "Los Angeles" would be technically correct.

The Angels are technically the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim so by calling the team "LA" or "Los Angeles" would be technically correct.

But in reality, they are Anaheim, not Los Angeles. They may be called "Los Angeles" but no one considers them as an L.A. team. It's just the media who tries to make them look like L.A..

Edited by UnderPressure