• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakChamber

Alan Trammell gets fired

Rate this topic

Personally, I think Tram got a raw deal. He took over a minor league team in 2003 when no one would touch the job. Despite injuries to key players like Guillen, Percival, and Maggs, no permanent 5th starter, no closer for half a year, and all sorts of other problems, he still was determined to win.

I know its a lot easier to fire the manager than it is to fire 25 players, but Tram got a screw job here.

Agree/Disagree?

http://www.detnews.com/2005/tigers/0510/03...3/01-335683.htm

I agree Alan got the short end of the stick, but the man had to have known when he took the job that there was a target on his back. I don't think two seasons is enough time to slap this team into shape, and as mentioned previously, good luck getting anyone else to take the job.

The funny thing is, I didn't hear the fans calling for this like is usually the case. In fact, I think that Tram still had/has enough credibilty with the average fan that we'd rather see Dembrowski go. The talent still isn't there to compete with teams like Minny, Clevland and CWS in the surprising Central. That's Davey boy's fault, not Trammells. Trammell still has credibilty in Detroit, I think down the road the Tigers will regret this.

i have been rather angry since i read the news 10 minutes ago.

no manager could have won with this team. catcher, and sole all-star, cannot draw walks for his life. all the starters suck. i think our best ERA is upward of 4.4.

our bullpen is atrocious. i think walker is the only player currently in our bullpen that was on a major league roster all last season. that tells you something. o, yea, and our current closer, our fourth of the season, can only convert 60% of his save chances.

that being said, trammell was not the man for the job. he was too soft. he lost control of the clubhouse, and there was no guiding presence. this team needs someone who will light a fire under the asses of all the tigers.

we should offer piniella all the money in the world. i know he won't want to come to another losing team, this time in a cold climate, but it is necessary that the team tries.

I AM REALLY PISSED BECAUSE WE ARE LOOKING AT JIM LEYLAND FOR MANAGER!!!!

this guy hasn't manged in 6 years, and he has wanted to manage again since. does it tell you something that he hasn't yet been hired?????

why the hell will the tigers not make good decisions.

dombrowski needs to be fired. he is awful. he has no idea how to build a winning team.

this team needs to re-sign jj, try to acquire byrd, go all out after a manager, see if there is any way we can lure wagner here, and lock bondo up to a long term deal.

with pena's, vina's, rondell's, and higgy's contracts coming off the books, we have a lot of room to spend.

go after wagner. he is the best closer in baseball. he still is dominant. he will be for a couple more years. try to get him here.

dombrowski needs to start making smart choices. if the tigers have another losing season, his head should be on the block. unfortuneately, aside from illitch, i do not know who can fire the president, CEO, and gm.

Cold Pizza's Woody and Skip (aka the idiot) both agreed that the Tigers are going to be regreting this down the road. They both said that injuries have riddled them and they did look like they were on the uprise. They say Tampa Bay should be looking into Tram.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul DePodesta (Dodgers' GM) might try to pursue him, since Jim Tracy might not be re-signed.

that might happen. depodesta hasn't exactly been mr. good decision. put a nice guy manager on a team featuring the likes of milton bradley, derek lowe, and jeff kent. good idea.

I knew it was comming after I saw the report yeasterday that Tram had a meeting today, that's usually a get out of dodge type meeting.I think they should have given him another year, and a couple of pitchers first

tram was a pawn. He was the manager that would do an OK job enough to where dombrowski would be able to bring in his guy.

Hence that is why you will see the tigers announce today they have agreed to terms with Jim Leyland. Its either today or wait til after the world series. Selig doesn't like teams making coaching announcements during the playoffs.

I knew it was comming after I saw the report yeasterday that Tram had a meeting today, that's usually a get out of dodge type meeting.

Tram always had an end of the season meeting with Dombrowski the day after.

I read in the paper today, Dombrowski got his contract extended through 07. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Tram always had an end of the season meeting with Dombrowski the day after.

I read in the paper today, Dombrowski got his contract extended through 07. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

it's the way he said he had no idea what it was about

The sign of a sorry organization is when you hire Jim Leyland in place of Trammell. Straight from someone who lives in Colorado, Leyland flatout sucks. That guy was HORRIBLE here in Colorado - a team not known for its choice of brilliant managers. Plus, no other team in the league thought he could do squat for the last 6 years. Please, what a terrible decision. What the he## are you smoking out there in Detroit???? crazy.gif