• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
darko99

Can Notre Dame upset the Trojans?

Rate this topic

Here's some nonsense.......

The irish got screwed because there is a conspiracy to have USC never lose a game again.

I hate USC............and it doesnt help them that they spanked us in the Rose Bowl 2 years ago.

I guess you missed the Notre Dame 31 USC 28 time left 0:00 at the end there.

Notre Dame stopped them at the goal line - USC had no time outs left and the clock ran out as it should have. I guess the officials decided to give them one last chance.....

Maybe you don't like ND and you want them to lose - I don't usually pull for them either. But they got hosed on this one.

Nominee for the dumbest post ever!!!

The clock stops when the ball goes out of bounds.. They were not cheated, not even close. Even Weiss knew it.

The time keeper did not see the ball fly out of bounds like the officials. So, it is a dead ball with 7 seconds left on the clock.

GO LOOK IN THE RULE BOOK. I don't even like USC, but, ND did not get the shaft..

GO CHECK THE RULE BOOK, I WILL BET YOU ANY MONETARY AMOUNT THAT YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT THIS CALL.

I guess you missed the rules of football.

Forward progress was stopped before the ball came loose...the call should have been down by contact, not a fumble that went out. Time continues and the game is over.

Not by the "John Elway rule"... Progress had not been stopped as Matty boy was twirling in the air. Progress is not stopped in that situation.

I don't care who won that game. The right call was made. Charlie Weiss knew it, and he knows football a little bit more that ALL of us, so, with that said, it was the correct call.

Last week Michigan avoided losing the ball because Hart's progress was stopped when the lost the ball in mid air. The play was reviewed and ruled down by contact via forward progress.

So yeah..Leinart was down, ND got f***ed almost as bad as the Lions did V Tampa.

Guest Boss

The irish got screwed because there is a conspiracy to have USC never lose a game again.

I hate USC............and it doesnt help them that they spanked us in the Rose Bowl 2 years ago.

Who is "US"???

You are not even in college yet, so you don't have an "US"...

Now USC has beaten "MY" team for the past few years, I am in no way bitter, that are just a better team.

Guest Boss

Notre Dame stopped them at the goal line - USC had no time outs left and the clock ran out as it should have. I guess the officials decided to give them one last chance.....

Maybe you don't like ND and you want them to lose - I don't usually pull for them either. But they got hosed on this one.

The clock stops when the ball goes out of bounds.. They were not cheated, not even close. Even Weiss knew it.

The time keeper did not see the ball fly out of bounds like the officials. So, it is a dead ball with 7 seconds left on the clock.

GO LOOK IN THE RULE BOOK. I don't even like USC, but, ND did not get the shaft..

GO CHECK THE RULE BOOK, I WILL BET YOU ANY MONETARY AMOUNT THAT YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT THIS CALL.

Forward progress was stopped before the ball came loose...the call should have been down by contact, not a fumble that went out. Time continues and the game is over.

Not by the "John Elway rule"... Progress had not been stopped as Matty boy was twirling in the air. Progress is not stopped in that situation.

I don't care who won that game. The right call was made. Charlie Weiss knew it, and he knows football a little bit more that ALL of us, so, with that said, it was the correct call.

Last week Michigan avoided losing the ball because Hart's progress was stopped when the lost the ball in mid air. The play was reviewed and ruled down by contact via forward progress.

So yeah..Leinart was down, ND got f***ed almost as bad as the Lions did V Tampa.

EVA-

I have NEVER disagreed with you on ANYTHING. That is, until right now. I will send you the NCAA rule book if you want. You want to put money on it as well? Let me make this simple :

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MICHIGAN...

But, most importantly, Charlie Weiss knew that it was the right call.. Are you all of a sudden smarter than him? I will answer that for you, NO.. Hey, SC has beatin the s**t out of my team for a few years, I am not screaming that we got jobbed.

EVERY analyst has said that it was the right call. Why is this so hard for people to undertand?

I still like you though, but you are wrong, and the football gurus will tell you that you are wrong..

EVA-

I have NEVER disagreed with you on ANYTHING. That is, until right now. I will send you the NCAA rule book if you want. You want to put money on it as well? Let me make this simple :

But, most importantly, Charlie Weiss knew that it was the right call.. Are you all of a sudden smarter than him? I will answer that for you, NO.. Hey, SC has beatin the s**t out of my team for a few years, I am not screaming that we got jobbed.

EVERY analyst has said that it was the right call. Why is this so hard for people to undertand?

I still like you though, but you are wrong, and the football gurus will tell you that you are wrong..

I am only going on what I read..I didn't actually see the play. I read specifically 'Leinart was stopped hard at the one, the ball came loose and went out of bounds."

That suggests the stoppage of forward progress. The article said officials conferred and decided the put 7 seconds back on.

I'm not going to argue it further as I haven't seen it, I simply was going based on the recap I read, which seemed to pretty definitely suggest the ball coming out after the stoppage of progress.

You don't have to get personal because we disagree about the call. Go ask people in Indiana if they think it was a funble out of bounds. It looks to me like he didn't cross the goal line - the ball came out but he might have been down already imo. I wouldn't have called it a fumble. Just because you think it was doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you (and the officials).

Point is, this will be a contested call for years and I stand on my disagreement with it. I don't have any reason to plug for Notre Dame, that's just how I saw it - there's probably alot of people in South Bend that agree with me (wearing Green-shaded glasses I admit)...

Guest Boss

EVA-

I am only going on what I read..I didn't actually see the play. I read specifically 'Leinart was stopped hard at the one, the ball came loose and went out of bounds."

That suggests the stoppage of forward progress. The article said officials conferred and decided the put 7 seconds back on.

I'm not going to argue it further as I haven't seen it, I simply was going based on the recap I read, which seemed to pretty definitely suggest the ball coming out after the stoppage of progress.

Fair enough. When you see the play, please PM me if you want and we can discuss it. If you still feel that it was an incorrect call, I don't know what to tell you. If Notre Dame's coach, and all of their players know that it was the RIGHT call, then, I don't know what else to say.

All I can say is this, I learned a lot from my experiences walking on to a D-1 program, and the rules were one of them. It was the right call, bottom line.

Guest Boss

You don't have to get personal because we disagree about the call. Go ask people in Indiana if they think it was a funble out of bounds. It looks to me like he didn't cross the goal line - the ball came out but he might have been down already imo. I wouldn't have called it a fumble. Just because you think it was doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you (and the officials).

Point is, this will be a contested call for years and I stand on my disagreement with it. I don't have any reason to plug for Notre Dame, that's just how I saw it - there's probably alot of people in South Bend that agree with me (wearing Green-shaded glasses I admit)...

To be a contested call, the coach has to think it should be contested as well as the players. None of them feel that it was the wrong call. Notre Dame has honor and they know that the call that was made was correct in every way.

If you want to feel that it was contested, go right ahead, but the people that were involved with that game feel that it was the correct call, and I am referring to the Notre Dame side on this one.

Who is "US"???

Now USC has beaten "MY" team for the past few years, I am in no way bitter, that are just a better team.

I think you may be making a bigger matter of the 'us' than is warranted. I call all 'my' teams 'us' or 'we' when I refer to them. It's not that I think I'm on the team or that I'm somehow 'in' with the team, it's just a manner some people refer to their sports teams. It's no big deal.

I'm glad WE beat the Coyotes tonight! ph34r.gif

Guest Boss

Who is "US"???

I think you may be making a bigger matter of the 'us' than is warranted. I call all 'my' teams 'us' or 'we' when I refer to them. It's not that I think I'm on the team or that I'm somehow 'in' with the team, it's just a manner some people refer to their sports teams. It's no big deal.

I'm glad WE beat the Coyotes tonight! ph34r.gif

it was just a friendly poke at him, he knows I give him s**t about it. It was all in good humor..

Who is "US"???

Alright, I think we all get that you think I can't have a team since I'm still in high school. tongue.gif

Edited by redwings1914

Guest Boss

How can you know what the coach thinks?? I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't think it was a fumble - including others in this thread. It was a highly controversial call - just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make their post "stupid".

Did you watch the game? The reason I am asking this question, is cause Eva Unit said that after trying to make his point, he had only heard and read about what happend, so I am asking you this question, not trying to be a dick on this question..

With that said, if you did watch the game, you will see that he (being Weiss) did not protest, yell, scream, anything of that sort. In fact, there was one angle that the showed him, and he said that's the right call. So, if you did watch the game, I hope you caught that, if not, oh well.

You can disagree with me all you want, but when the COACH of the team that this so call screw job happend to, did not argue, then, I think his opinion matters most.

Side note-- Nice to see Michigan pull one out at the end... I don't like JoPa

EDIT: I can see Heaton lurking, this should be interesting.. Legit poster tongue.gif

Also, for the record, I don't like USC.. But, the right call is the right call in any sporting event, and that was the right call.

Edited by Boss

Guest Boss

Who is "US"???

Alright, I think we all get that you think I can't have a team since I'm still in high school.

Do I have to go to Michigan for them to be "My" team, Hell no.

Infact, if that is the so called "rule" then probably over 50-75% of Michigan's (or any other team's) fan base, cannot be fans of said school.

Look one post above what you wrote..

Who is "US"???

Alright, I think we all get that you think I can't have a team since I'm still in high school.

Do I have to go to Michigan for them to be "My" team, Hell no.

Infact, if that is the so called "rule" then probably over 50-75% of Michigan's (or any other team's) fan base, cannot be fans of said school.

Look one post above what you wrote..

Just did! laugh.gif

Guest Boss

class act

Read this article, towards the end of the article, it shows that what a class act Weis is.. He went into USC's locker room and congradulated them...

class act

Read this article, towards the end of the article, it shows that what a class act Weis is.. He went into USC's locker room and congradulated them...

I agree that Weis is a class act. I think he is going to be great for ND which is bad for me, because I'm a Michigan fan and it will be tough for us to beat him. Plus I think he's a better coach than Carr, so the future vs ND looks rough.

I still disagree that it was a fumble - saw the replay again. It doesn't really matter anyhow - USC got the win and there's no going back. I just hate to see such a tightly contested game end on what I see as a questionable call (actually I thought the original call on the field was correct).

P.S. my bad - you weren't the one the one that called my post stupid...

Guest Boss
class act

I agree that Weis is a class act. I think he is going to be great for ND which is bad for me, because I'm a Michigan fan and it will be tough for us to beat him. Plus I think he's a better coach than Carr, so the future vs ND looks rough.

I still disagree that it was a fumble - saw the replay again. It doesn't really matter anyhow - USC got the win and there's no going back. I just hate to see such a tightly contested game end on what I see as a questionable call (actually I thought the original call on the field was correct).

P.S. my bad - you weren't the one the one that called my post stupid...

Well, it all makes sense now, you are a michigan fan tongue.gif

(for the record, im not a state fan)

With that said, I didn't call your post stupid. But, I did call it dumb for a certain reason, and I will tell you why. Coach Weis was asked if it was the right call, and he said yes, the analysts said it was the right call.

In MY opinion, the people that were involved in the game, felt that it was the right call.. You ask how I know this, well, to be honest, I am watching, and have been watching a lot of coverage on this, as I live in AZ, and they show SC and all that goes along with them ALL the time. I am also watching ESPN gameday and even they feel that it was the correct call.

I just find it hard to go against these people in this situation...

As I am watching ESPN gameday right now, EVEN LOU HOLTZ AKA MR. NOTRE DAME, is not questioning the call.. take it for what it's worth..

I do apologize for saying your post was dumb. But, I didn't think it was dumb cause it was a different opinion than mine, I just feel that it is dumb to think that ND got jobbed, cause even their coaches have said that it was legit.

There is no controversy over the call. Only homer fans are arguing over whether the clock should have expired. The sideline referee with 10 seconds remaining on the clock signaled for the clock to stop with the ball flying out of bounds. Where is the controversy? Oh, the ND score keeper let the clock run to zero as the fans rushed the field. That should have been a penalty on the home team and a first down for USC but it wasnt called.

Doesnt matter, the better team won the game and the luck of the Irish ran out.

Great game too. I think Leinart played it with a concussion as he was not the same player out there.

class act

What a classy guy.......

How many other coaches go congratulate the winning team after a heartbreaking loss?

Oh yeah, this is nowhere near the "Greatest Game ever Played"......

Infact, it wasn't (arguably) even the best game of the day....

Yeah yeah, homer boy. We know what you think is the greatest game played yesterday wink.gif

Nice move by Charlie Weis there. He's exactly what ND needed. thumbup.gif

Yeah yeah, homer boy. We know what you think is the greatest game played yesterday wink.gif

Nice move by Charlie Weis there. He's exactly what ND needed. thumbup.gif

the "greatest game ever played" will be replaced next weekend IF michigan wins. Notice the avater is back up and running.

Unfortunately, the avater and michigan season will turn back south when they play at iowa next weekend.