• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gowingsgo

Rogers suspended

Rate this topic

Word out of NFL-land has Charles Rogers suspended for substance abuse for 4 games.

My guess is he was smoking herb with the rest of the MSU fans thinking they could beat MEEEEEEEECHIGAN over the last week. Time to pay the piper now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2180060

Its good we have Mike Williams, Rogers isn't having a good season at all anyways.

Cutting him would be silly, he has the tangibles to be a great, great reciever. Anyways, it's not like Joey was throwing the ball to him anyways. And when he did he missed him with the exception of one pass which was catchable. Maybe this time off will allow him to get over himself and realize that there are two other recievers out there, one of which is already a playmaker. I agree that he should get the ball more but don't whine about it.

I don't like Rogers...

Substance abuse...fragile frame (first two years)...and especially the bad attitude...he intimated that he basically quit playing the second half of one game cuz they weren't throwing to him much in the first half. That's pretty freakin unprofessional...terrible attitude with regard to effort and team mentality...

I heard on the sports radio station last night.....that it is possible for a huge part of his contract to be held back due to incentive clauses that were in his contract. If the Lions can cut him now and say...only owe him $1 million.....would you do it?

I am a spartan fan and even I am debating over this topic. He has been a bust even tho he has tremendous talent.

...so much for my Charles Rogers #80 lions jersey!

I read that he's been in the NFL's Substance Abuse Program since he tested positive for diluted urine at the scouting combine back in 2003.

So, in order to get suspended for four games he had to test positive for a banned substance THREE TIMES since then.

What a f***ing moron.

BTW, he's got a six-year contract and there is a TON of money locked up on him. What a worthless pile of cowdung he is -- and this is coming from a guy that high hopes for him coming into the season and how he should be the Lions' top WR.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Lets be fair though. I know if I had Joey as my QB, I'd be doing drugs too tongue.gif

I could think of $15-million+ reasons not to worry about it. If I was upset, I just throw a big pile of cash on the floor and roll in it, laughing.

I mean, how nice would it be to have all that and just play in what, not even 10 NFL games in three years?

Yeah, this is unfortunate. The Lions won't miss him much for the next four weeks. It's not like he was a factor on the field at all. Maybe a few weeks of Mike Williams will be good for the team. Hopefully, Rogers can come back with his priorities straight and start to contribute. He's going to have to keep his nose clean from now on to save his career. If he doesn't come around, the Lions should consider moving him in the offseason. They have enough receivers and could probably acquire something really good in return. Some team will take a chance at Rogers if it comes down to that.

i am beginning to think that the lions knew about this prior to this season and that was the main reason they drafted mike williams. Cut Rogers and move ahead.

Of course they knew. The 2nd infraction on the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy isn't made public. The 3rd instance IS public because it's a four-game suspension.

For the "2nd offense", Rogers loses four-games worth of pay, and that's already happened.

Coupling his injury history + his dances with mary jane and it's pretty clear why they drafted Mike Williams (even beyond the BPA reasoning).

I could think of $15-million+ reasons not to worry about it. If I was upset, I just throw a big pile of cash on the floor and roll in it, laughing.

Personally, I'd probably have the big vault of cash, and swim around in it Scrooge McDuck style. But that's just me.

Yeah, this is unfortunate. The Lions won't miss him much for the next four weeks. It's not like he was a factor on the field at all. Maybe a few weeks of Mike Williams will be good for the team. Hopefully, Rogers can come back with his priorities straight and start to contribute. He's going to have to keep his nose clean from now on to save his career. If he doesn't come around, the Lions should consider moving him in the offseason. They have enough receivers and could probably acquire something really good in return. Some team will take a chance at Rogers if it comes down to that.

thats debatable. With his contract, no team would want to take a chance on rogers. The lions are going to have to suck it up and keep him....or try to get the contract void.

thats debatable. With his contract, no team would want to take a chance on rogers. The lions are going to have to suck it up and keep him....or try to get the contract void.

Don't underestimate what teams will take a chance on. As long as Al Davis is out there.... smile.gif

raiders have joey porter and randy moss. I doubt they would want charles rogers or even need him.

That was just an example. Rogers is an unproven entity. Huge amounts of talent, but nobody knows yet what he's capable of at the NFL level. There's a good chance he could still be a great player. My point is that his off the field problems won't deter teams from taking a look at him.

Our offense coordinator plus Joey Harrington's lack of confidence plus our wide recieves INABILITY to get open equals what the Detroit Lions are.

I think I'd be more pissed if Joey was leaving Roy, or Mike, or Charles wide open, but the problem is, they hardly EVER have seperation.

Our offense coordinator plus Joey Harrington's lack of confidence plus our wide recieves INABILITY to get open equals what the Detroit Lions are.

I think I'd be more pissed if Joey was leaving Roy, or Mike, or Charles wide open, but the problem is, they hardly EVER have seperation.

They hardly get seperation becuase happy feet Joey rushes out of the pocket every play and throws to his checkdown...He has to give the recievers time to seperate.

The o-line may suck but they did a pretty good job last game, Joey just thinks there is pressure there all the time.

That was just an example. Rogers is an unproven entity. Huge amounts of talent, but nobody knows yet what he's capable of at the NFL level. There's a good chance he could still be a great player. My point is that his off the field problems won't deter teams from taking a look at him.

*cough*Rogers+pick to SD for Philip Rivers*cough*

/not serious

thats bulls**t, I've never seen a reciver of ours consistently getting seperation, even when Harrington takes his time.

I'm sure it's the case some of the time (lack of seperation), but I think a large part of it is due to Harrington bailing on the play way, way too early. Instead of stepping into the pocket and looking down field he'll tuck the ball and scramble.

He bails *way* too often (bailing also means checking down...).