• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 mattcorpolongo

mattcorpolongo

He is Detroit

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:31 PM

Ha, thats funny he got caught smoking pot...60 percent of the Lions smoke and only he gets caught....Haha, Better hide the stash Roy Williams..

#22 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ October 4, 2005 - 01:21PM)
Our offense coordinator plus Joey Harrington's lack of confidence plus our wide recieves INABILITY to get open equals what the Detroit Lions are.

I think I'd be more pissed if Joey was leaving Roy, or Mike, or Charles wide open, but the problem is, they hardly EVER have seperation.

They hardly get seperation becuase happy feet Joey rushes out of the pocket every play and throws to his checkdown...He has to give the recievers time to seperate.

The o-line may suck but they did a pretty good job last game, Joey just thinks there is pressure there all the time.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#23 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:44 PM

thats bulls**t, I've never seen a reciver of ours consistently getting seperation, even when Harrington takes his time.
Moral victories are for losers.

#24 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (BlueMonk @ October 4, 2005 - 01:00PM)
That was just an example. Rogers is an unproven entity. Huge amounts of talent, but nobody knows yet what he's capable of at the NFL level. There's a good chance he could still be a great player. My point is that his off the field problems won't deter teams from taking a look at him.

*cough*Rogers+pick to SD for Philip Rivers*cough*

/not serious

#25 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ October 4, 2005 - 04:44PM)
thats bulls**t, I've never seen a reciver of ours consistently getting seperation, even when Harrington takes his time.

I'm sure it's the case some of the time (lack of seperation), but I think a large part of it is due to Harrington bailing on the play way, way too early. Instead of stepping into the pocket and looking down field he'll tuck the ball and scramble.

He bails *way* too often (bailing also means checking down...).

#26 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Mattias19 @ October 4, 2005 - 10:39PM)

/not serious

I think if Harrington is going the way he is now, we will be picking a QB in the 1st round .

#27 Hitokiri Gensai

Hitokiri Gensai

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:13 AM

Way to go, Mr. Rogers...-_-

By the way, BlakChamber has been sigged. ^_^x

#28 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:29 AM

http://www.mlive.com...4180.xml&coll=1

interesting story on Rogers

#29 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (TheGoonSquad0208 @ October 4, 2005 - 10:45PM)
QUOTE (Mattias19 @ October 4, 2005 - 10:39PM)

/not serious

I think if Harrington is going the way he is now, we will be picking a QB in the 1st round .

Not necessarily. They would probably be better served looking at DE, OL or LB, IMO. There should be some good QBs available from the 2nd-rd on.

#30 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:23 PM

Phillip Rivers wants either to be the man, or out of San Diego. So maybe a deal could be worked along those lines. This team needs a swift kick in the ass, their execution is high school level some days.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users