• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingMan56

Barnes makes Griffins roster

Rate this topic

It's clear he's Ireland's favorite and he's improved his game, amazing, a coach with a bias towards bigger players....it's clear Ireland won't be back dry.gif

Barnesy you know Im a fan of your boy and I hate to break your bubble but...

http://www.griffinshockey.com/newsroom/news/?id=3899

it says "and released right wing Ryan Barnes." True False?

It's true...too bad, he had a good camp and provides this team some missing ingredients, but you know....he's not small or soft enough, so out he goes

I'm telling ya, I have a lawyer who can do name changes... Hows this: Ryn Barnstrom! Gotta get him a look in Detroit.

Honestly this really sucks but having a top five draft pick is appealing. Holland can draft another unknown Euro! *hurls*

I'm telling ya, I have a lawyer who can do name changes... Hows this: Ryn Barnstrom! Gotta get him a look in Detroit.

Now we need to find a scientist who can shrink him down to sub-6 foot size.

You know it is possible, that it's not because of this so called notion that they don't like tough guys, but possibly that Barnes isn't a good player, has little ability and can't even make a minor league team?

What does that say for Kopecky? Barnes had as many goals, and Barnes also fights. Have you seen him play? No one is saying he's Brett Hull, but he can be a fourth line grinder type if given the chance. Ireland really likes him, as does McNamara, and he scored during the pre-season. That's the problem that these guys run into, Barnes not only has to protect the players that Heaton likes, because they can't fend for themselves, but he also has to score 40 goals or so.

haha, what? do you think that im against getting guys "supposedly" like your idol Ryan Barnes on either the Griffins or the Red Wings?

I'm all for it, and they don't have to score even 10 goals, or even 5. I just don't think the issue is as pressing as everyone makes it out to be.

haha, what? do you think that im against getting guys "supposedly" like your idol Ryan Barnes on either the Griffins or the Red Wings?

I'm all for it, and they don't have to score even 10 goals, or even 5. I just don't think the issue is as pressing as everyone makes it out to be.

Who said he was my idol, troll? Have I mentioned his name as an idol of mine?

You know it is possible, that it's not because of this so called notion that they don't like tough guys, but possibly that Barnes isn't a good player, has little ability and can't even make a minor league team?

Yeah, but from the reports I've read Barnes seemed to score on a consistant basis.

I just figured he was your favorite player because, well, you have his name and number as your username.

haha, i didnt expect you to get so upset, i honestly thought that you think that Ryan Barnes is the perfect hockey player that every team needs. I mean, my username is Heaton because I used to think Heaton goalie pads were the coolest things ever and have used the name for like 10 years now.

and btw, since you obviously need facts and have no idea about the words you're choosing to use, I'm not a "troll" I'm not posting just to get a rise out of you or trying to derail the thread.

In internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its variant, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Edited by Heaton

I just figured he was your favorite player because, well, you have his name and number as your username.

haha, i didnt expect you to get so upset, i honestly thought that you think that Ryan Barnes is the perfect hockey player that every team needs.  I mean, my username is Heaton because I used to think Heaton goalie pads were the coolest things ever and have used the name for like 10 years now.

and btw, since you obviously need facts and have no idea about the words you're choosing to use, I'm not a "troll" I'm not posting just to get a rise out of you or trying to derail the thread.

In internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its variant, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Is he the "ideal" player? my ideal player is Gary Roberts, the old Eric Lindros or Brendan Shanahan. Current favorites are Dave Scatchard, Jason Wiemer, Chris Simon, even Tie Domi. Guys who can fight and score the ugly goal, those are my ideal players, if Detroit had 3 of those guys, there'd be no need to discuss toughness or enforcers. As for why I chose Barnes? Because he's the type of player this team can use on the fourth line, a guy who can dish out punishment and drop the gloves in support of his teammates. He was the ONLY guy in the organization who played that way. If you saw any GR Griffs games last year, he played really well, but more importantly, when teams went after Kronwall because of his body checks, or went after Kopcky because he's an ass, who was there to defend them? Barnes. As a matter of fact, Kopecky picked up his game when he played with Barnes and Vandermeer, why? Because he knew he could play chippier and would get more room, and he did. So I hope this clears up any confusion as to me wanting a team of "goons" or trade every player we have for cement heads, just like I don't believe that you love every "Strom" and "Ov" or Slava that crosses this organization. I do think that the ideal team has mostly finesse and speed, complimented by grit and toughness.

Edited by Barnes52

No, rumors are Europe and Danbury of the UHL. I hear he would've played for GR this year, but they're only allowed to hold a certain number of veterans, and Detroit stocked them with their share of vets.