#1 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

my team: http://hockey.fantas.../hockey/81033/4
honest question here
Im tryin to go for Heatley and Spezza and I was gonna offer up Floppa and Knuble. Fair trade or am I reaching here to far for the 2?
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#2 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:14 PM

Forsberg and Knuble might be a better pairing than Heatley and Spezza.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#3 Guest_Yuuzhan (Guest)

Guest_Yuuzhan (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:12 PM

I don't think anyone would accept that trade. thumbup.gif

I am wondering who I should start tonight between Ryder and Zherdev. Of course ryder is the obvious choice but the jackets are playin washington and I think Z could put up some points against that sorry excuse for a team. Any help?

Edited by Yuuzhan, 05 October 2005 - 03:09 PM.

#4 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,076 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:14 PM

IMO, if you could swing a Heatley/Spezza for Forsberg/Knuble trade I'd do it in a heartbeat...

#5 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ October 4, 2005 - 07:08PM)
my team: http://hockey.fantas.../hockey/81033/4
honest question here
Im tryin to go for Heatley and Spezza and I was gonna offer up Floppa and Knuble. Fair trade or am I reaching here to far for the 2?

I'd never do it. Heatley and Spezza will tear up the league this season. Forsberg is too injury prone. Knuble is not even close to the others.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#6 Shredded Red

Shredded Red

I am my own imaginary friend

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:28 AM

I personally wouldn't do that trade, but that's because I think Heatley is going to have a way better year than Knuble. But if I were a B's fan or a Flyers fan I may make that trade because for some odd reason Fantasy team owners are dumb like that....so it's always worth the attempt.

Here are some trading techniques that I've found useful.

There is always going to be some idiot in the league who has a thing for his home town players. If you can find him you can pull off some ridiculous trades if he really wants his teams star. (Ex: I just traded Briere for Spezza)

Some people are suckers for bulk packages. You can send them a bunch of 2nd or third string players for one or two top liners, and then just sign some sleepers from the player pool to replace the garbage you gave away.

Most people don't know the value of their goaltenders. Sometimes you can arrange a trade where you send them "a" goalie with a player in a position that they are weak in and Brodeur is yours. (Ex: last season I traded DiPietro and McEarchern for Nobokov)

I try to pick up as many good players (and sleepers) that are left over after the draft as possible. That way you can pair the extra players up that you don't need with one of your weaker links to upgrade. (Ex: I just traded Kovalev and Savard for Palffy and McCabe. I don't need Savard because I have Spezza, Forsberg, Langkow, Yashin and Lindros. Kovalev was my extra third winger as well. Now I have Palffy, Heatley, and Iginla at RW!)

Edited by Shredded Red, 08 October 2005 - 01:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users