• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cap20066

Justin Abdelkader

Rate this topic

I went to the Green & White game tonight at Munn and finally got to see this kid play.

My thoughts were that he looked really bad on his edges, turning and stopping looked labored and jerky. Perhaps just a bad sharpening job.

He seems to have a great wrist shot, and moderate speed.

One thing i noticed was that all of the players were being really social and talking and joking around on the bench and even on the ice during stoppages. Justin wasnt involved in any of it. And I dont think it's just because hes a freshman, a couple of the other freshman that were skating were laughing and talking as much as everyone else.

I feel really bad for the kid because for the duration of his hockey career I'll be comparing him to the guy I, and many others, were hoping Holland would pick.

/Latendresse has a goal and two assists in his first game back with his Junior team after narrowly missing out on a spot with the Habs.

peace

I feel really bad for the kid because for the duration of his hockey career I'll be comparing him to the guy I, and many others, were hoping Holland would pick.

/Latendresse has a goal and two assists in his first game back with his Junior team after narrowly missing out on a spot with the Habs.

peace

Yeah, that pick came out of left field. Like the Lofberg pick.

He really didn't seem high on anyone's list at HF. But I've read some decent things about recently. I suppose one plus is that the Wings have his rights for four years instead of two.

Meanwhile, I like what I'm seeing out of Jeff May and Darren Helm so far this year.

peace

He really didn't seem high on anyone's list at HF. But I've read some decent things about recently. I suppose one plus is that the Wings have his rights for four years instead of two.

Meanwhile, I like what I'm seeing out of Jeff May and Darren Helm so far this year.

he wasn't ranked high by HF...but CSS had him 25th of North American skaters while Latendresse had moved UP to 52.

Less out of left field than Latendresse would have been based on those rankings, which are the primary ones used by NHL teams.

he wasn't ranked high by HF...but CSS had him 25th of North American skaters while Latendresse had moved UP to 52.

Less out of left field than Latendresse would have been based on those rankings, which are the primary ones used by NHL teams.

Kendall McArdle #7. wink.gif Dan Collins #24. I'm sure McGrath was ranked much higher than his draft position would indicate. Hudler as well.

peace

peace

True. But there wasn't much buzz about him, that's for sure.

Latendresse, despite poor CSS ratings, was still being talked about as a top 15 pick by pundits on draft day.

I wanted to go to the Green and White game but wasn't able to. How'd Jeff Lerg look?

Good enough that me and my friends were screaming Lerg most of the night.

However it does help that it is a boss name.

Update: I went to the MSU game last night and Abdelkader looked MUCH better. It seems that his skating problems were honestly just a bad sharpening job.

His shot is impressive, skating very solid, and he's pretty physical.

Update: I went to the MSU game last night and Abdelkader looked MUCH better. It seems that his skating problems were honestly just a bad sharpening job.

That's good to hear.

I've been saying since draft day that we have a good prospect here, and I'm sick of hearing people trash him because we didn't draft that Fenchy... whatever his name is.

Abdelkader is a solid all-round player now, and I can see him being an effective power forward for us in the future.

Update: I went to the MSU game last night and Abdelkader looked MUCH better.  It seems that his skating problems were honestly just a bad sharpening job.

That's good to hear.

I've been saying since draft day that we have a good prospect here, and I'm sick of hearing people trash him because we didn't draft that Fenchy... whatever his name is.

Abdelkader is a solid all-round player now, and I can see him being an effective power forward for us in the future.

Good points -- also we can wait up to four years to sign him since he's in college -- we should know by that time if he can play for Detroit at some point. MSU is not a bad place to hone you skills.

Kendall McArdle #7. wink.gif Dan Collins #24. I'm sure McGrath was ranked much higher than his draft position would indicate. Hudler as well.

peace

Hudler was ranked in the top ten...number one center in the draft.

"Michigan State was credited with 41 penalty minutes in the game, including a game disqualification of Spartans freshman Justin Abdelkader in the third period after a hit that left Pegoraro bloody and in need of stitches. Abdelkader was called for a 5-minute major and a 10-minute disqualification on a hit against Pegoraro that forced the senior to leave the ice for some stitches. A few minutes later, Pegoraro returned, wearing freshman Ryan Kindret's jersey, the other one too bloody."

Sounds like just what we need thumbup.gif

Edited by Aussie_Wing

"Michigan State was credited with 41 penalty minutes in the game, including a game disqualification of Spartans freshman Justin Abdelkader in the third period after a hit that left Pegoraro bloody and in need of stitches. Abdelkader was called for a 5-minute major and a 10-minute disqualification on a hit against Pegoraro that forced the senior to leave the ice for some stitches. A few minutes later, Pegoraro returned, wearing freshman Ryan Kindret's jersey, the other one too bloody."

Sounds like just what we need thumbup.gif

absolutly, this kid is a freshman and he destroyed a senior? Wow,...sounds great

Edited by theman19

still would have taken oh what is his name....really awesome player the Habs got due to Holland not knowing how to draft. Shoot, he's hella good and nearly made the big league right out of the gate. Oh ya Guillaume Latendresse. What a joke. No offense to Abdelkader or anything but one cannot even compare the two.

Yeah, once Abdelkater realizes the famed norrisnick and his slappies at LGW thinks another player should’ve been drafted in his place, he’ll probably just quit the game.

Wow, full of yourself much?

Yeah, once Abdelkater realizes the famed norrisnick and his slappies at LGW thinks another player should’ve been drafted in his place, he’ll probably just quit the game.

Who said anything about LGW? More than just me and "my slappies" held that opinion.

peace

I don't think the kid will hear of NN -- he'll make a few million and have a nice life.

still would have taken oh what is his name....really awesome player the Habs got due to Holland not knowing how to draft. Shoot, he's hella good and nearly made the big league right out of the gate. Oh ya Guillaume Latendresse. What a joke. No offense to Abdelkader or anything but one cannot even compare the two.

It is not so relevant right now in comparing the two players. Neither of them are having any impact in the NHL right now.

Edited by Satrebil

Did he fight the guy, or was it just because of stickwork.... dry.gif

If I remember correctly, it was a hard check into the glass and the Cornell player's nose didn't agree with his cage...or something like that. It was a while ago.

peace

Hudler was ranked in the top ten...number one center in the draft.

Hudler was #3 European in the 2002 NHL Draft. I was there. In Toronto.

The Leafs seemed to complain that they took Matt Stajan at 60 instead of Hudler, who was taken 62nd.

Hudler: 12 GP, 1G, 2A, 3Pts., 10PIM

Stajan: 94, 18, 19, 37, 34.

I'll give Hudler some time for transition, but I think I still like Stajan.