• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cap20066

Justin Abdelkader

Rate this topic

Guest wingsfan28__

Thats my whole point about Latendresse. He's in the NHL, he's able to do the job. He would have filled a pretty nice role thats been lackin in this organization for quite awhile now.

he shouldnt be in the nhl , only reason hes in is cause hes french , the kid cant skate at all and he's playing on the powerplay now and on the 1st line since chris higgins is out or else he'd still be on the 3rd - 4th line with no points in 15 games, he turned over the puck yesterday for a florida goal .........dont let those last few games fool you , hes not ready for the nhl and im not crying that we didnt draft him , and neither should you

Edited by wingsfan28__

Thats my whole point about Latendresse. He's in the NHL, he's able to do the job. He would have filled a pretty nice role thats been lackin in this organization for quite awhile now.

You guys do realize that good skasting, skilled two-way grinding forward Abdelkader was ranked 17 places higher than 'super elite power forward prospect' Latendresse among North American skaters by the CSS?

Abdelkader was ranked 25th among NA skaters..Latendresse was ranked 42nd. That's a HUGE difference.

You guys do realize that good skasting, skilled two-way grinding forward Abdelkader was ranked 17 places higher than 'super elite power forward prospect' Latendresse among North American skaters by the CSS?

Abdelkader was ranked 25th among NA skaters..Latendresse was ranked 42nd. That's a HUGE difference.

When this rankings were made Latendresse was INJURED!!! How can you even use CSS rating as main reason why we didn't drafted him? Look at all mock-up draft for 2005... there is so many ''PRO'' scouts that saw him in top 20 picks...

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/draft/mockdraft05.html

http://www.redlinereport.com/mockdraft.html

http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/showstory...?story_id=55181

http://www.wowhockey.com/article2549.html

''Latendresse overcame a shoulder injury at the beginning of the year to post 29 goals in 65 games in the QMJHL. ISS sees him as a “dominant power winger who owns the lost''

As far as I know Robitaille isn't Katarina Witt but he still scored 600+ goals in this league...

Was Lucky Luc considered a power forward? I didn't think he was, could be wrong though.

Abdelkader racked up another assist in MSU's 2-0 win over Notre Dame Saturday. He should have 10 points in 11 games, by my count.

Was Lucky Luc considered a power forward? I didn't think he was, could be wrong though.

Abdelkader racked up another assist in MSU's 2-0 win over Notre Dame Saturday. He should have 10 points in 11 games, by my count.

I never said that he was power forward - I was talking about his skating skills...

Abdelkader can put 5 pts/game with MSU's - We will see how he will do in the NHL if ever he 's going to play in NHL - How much points Daigle racked au juniors??? What he have done in NHL???

I never said that he was power forward - I was talking about his skating skills...

Abdelkader can put 5 pts/game with MSU's - We will see how he will do in the NHL if ever he 's going to play in NHL - How much points Daigle racked au juniors??? What he have done in NHL???

Well, since you responded to the person who said that Latendresse doesn't have the skating skills to be a power forward, by bring up Luc, I asked if he was. Simple as that.

There are plenty if players who did great in juniors and never made it in the NHL. There's also plenty of guys who weren't first round picks and went on to have long careers. I think it's just a little too soon to write Abdelkader off, and annoint Latendresse the would-have-been savior of the Wings, eh? Maybe we could wait until both of them are in the NHL before deciding who's going to have the better career? Besides, Latendresse isn't exactly frontrunner for the Calder now, is he? ;)

Well, since you responded to the person who said that Latendresse doesn't have the skating skills to be a power forward, by bring up Luc, I asked if he was. Simple as that.

There are plenty if players who did great in juniors and never made it in the NHL. There's also plenty of guys who weren't first round picks and went on to have long careers. I think it's just a little too soon to write Abdelkader off, and annoint Latendresse the would-have-been savior of the Wings, eh? Maybe we could wait until both of them are in the NHL before deciding who's going to have the better career? Besides, Latendresse isn't exactly frontrunner for the Calder now, is he? ;)

Well I see your point - I didn't know that you need speed to be power forward... (Tocchet wasn't speddy, Stevens wasn't speddy - even Shanahan wasn't so speddy (faster than Latendresse true)... What I tried to say is that Robitaille wasn't faster player on the ice, but he still put 600+ pucks in the net... Never said that Latendresse was supposed to be SAVIOR of the Wings - but very SOLID PICK UP for small team that we had... Latendresse isn't fronrunner for Calder - very true but you forgot to say that he started season as a 4th liner 13 games and 6 games on the 1st line with Ryder and Koivu 6pts in 6 games... Did I said that this guy is 19 years old??? 3 PP goals so far in 6 games that he's playing on the PP... Zetterberg have 1 PP goal... Latendresse ranks 3rd among Canadiens' players in hits (36)... I think he could help to Zetterberg or Datsyuk a lot more than Samuelsson... or even Abdelkader who is long shot to NHL.

Well I see your point - I didn't know that you need speed to be power forward... (Tocchet wasn't speddy, Stevens wasn't speddy - even Shanahan wasn't so speddy (faster than Latendresse true)... What I tried to say is that Robitaille wasn't faster player on the ice, but he still put 600+ pucks in the net... Never said that Latendresse was supposed to be SAVIOR of the Wings - but very SOLID PICK UP for small team that we had... Latendresse isn't fronrunner for Calder - very true but you forgot to say that he started season as a 4th liner 13 games and 6 games on the 1st line with Ryder and Koivu 6pts in 6 games... Did I said that this guy is 19 years old??? 3 PP goals so far in 6 games that he's playing on the PP... Zetterberg have 1 PP goal... Latendresse ranks 3rd among Canadiens' players in hits (36)... I think he could help to Zetterberg or Datsyuk a lot more than Samuelsson... or even Abdelkader who is long shot to NHL.

Samuelsson has 10 points in 14 games and is a good skater and solid defensively.

Latendresse can't skate or play defense, and is only scoring since moving to a line with Ryder and Koivu.

Samuelsson has 10 points in 14 games and is a good skater and solid defensively.

Latendresse can't skate or play defense, and is only scoring since moving to a line with Ryder and Koivu.

Based on what??? How many times you saw him playing??? In NHL??? In Juniors??? probably 2-3 times... Reading your posts - he can't skate, he can't skate... not true... ans still there is POWER SKATING programme... that he took this summer... skating, something you can learn don't forget about that... He's scoring because his playing time is UP...

Based on what??? How many times you saw him playing??? In NHL??? In Juniors??? probably 2-3 times... Reading your posts - he can't skate, he can't skate... not true... ans still there is POWER SKATING programme... that he took this summer... skating, something you can learn don't forget about that... He's scoring because his playing time is UP...

So Eva is unqualfied to say that Latendresse can't skate, but you're qualified to say that Abdelkader is a long shot for the NHL?

I don't see why you seem to believe Latendresse is the secound coming of Cam Neely or somethinh, but believe Abdelkader is a long-shot. I've seen Abdelkader play many times. He always puts in 100% of his effort and he can put the puck in the net. I don't think he'll be an offensive force with the Wings, but he'll be a very solid player for them.

so as i've tried to bring up several times,..can someone tell me something about our prospect other than he doesn't play for the habs and we should have drafted the kid that does?

BAdelkader is a solid skater with a decent shot, good playmaking skills, a physical game and a mean streak, and good defensive play, and he can play all three forward positions.

He should be a solid second liner who can contribute in all situations.

You don't know that. In fact, nobody will until he actually proves it. I wouldn't annoint him as a "2nd liner" just 15 games into a sophmore year. He should stay for at least 1 more year and possibly 2 before u can judge for sure what his upside could be.

Edited by Mighty Wings

BAdelkader is a solid skater with a decent shot, good playmaking skills, a physical game and a mean streak, and good defensive play, and he can play all three forward positions.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/

PROJECTION

Abdelkader is a hard-working, two-way prospect who doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. He had a solid freshman season at Michigan State in 2005-06 and projects as a third-line role player at the NHL level. He is likely to stay at Michigan State at least two more seasons.

Solid 2nd liner... :rolleyes:

Edited by Dominator2005

^^^

Scouting reports also said Boyd Deveraux was the next Steve Yzerman.

Two questions for you, Dominator.

1: Have you even seen Abdelkader play?

2: Don't you think it might be a good idea to wait until he gets to the NHL before writing him off?

^^^

Two questions for you, Dominator.

1: Have you even seen Abdelkader play?

2: Don't you think it might be a good idea to wait until he gets to the NHL before writing him off?

1: No - have you ever seen Latendresse before this season???

2: You already wrote off Latendresse who is in the NHL???

Who is using CSS rankings to compare these two players?!?!?!?

Who is using CSS rankings to compare these two players?!?!?!?

The CSS rankings were brought up as an example of why Abdelkader might have been viewed as a better pick than Latendresse. Not as comparison of their actual potential, but as a comparison of how highly they were thought of at draft time.

Plus, as for the quote from RWC...

RWC ranks Abdelkader ahead of Kopecky...and everyone on here is absolutely gushing about Kopecky this season, even though a year ago I was the only person on LGW who thought resigning him was a good idea.

So which is it? Is Abdelkader a third linder, or is he a better prospect than Kopecky? He's also ranked above McGrath, Ryno, and Bootland. In fact, the only prospect forward ranked ahead of him that isn't on the team is Grigorenko, who is the top prospect on RWC. Hudler and Filppula are also ranked above him.

The CSS rankings were brought up as an example of why Abdelkader might have been viewed as a better pick than Latendresse. Not as comparison of their actual potential, but as a comparison of how highly they were thought of at draft time.

Plus, as for the quote from RWC...

RWC ranks Abdelkader ahead of Kopecky...and everyone on here is absolutely gushing about Kopecky this season, even though a year ago I was the only person on LGW who thought resigning him was a good idea.

So which is it? Is Abdelkader a third linder, or is he a better prospect than Kopecky? He's also ranked above McGrath, Ryno, and Bootland. In fact, the only prospect forward ranked ahead of him that isn't on the team is Grigorenko, who is the top prospect on RWC. Hudler and Filppula are also ranked above him.

Prospect Ranking (last update June 7, 2006)

No. I haven't. I actually haven't seen him play at all. But that's not the point, because...I haven't written off Latendresse. See, unlike you, I try to A) actually see the player play before I write them off, and B) think that it might be a good idea to wait and see how a player does in the NHL, before trying to guess what kind of NHL career he's going to have.

I'll admit, I'm biased toward Abdelkader because he's a fellow Spartan. But, if you go back and read this thread, you can't quote one post where I say he's better than Latendresse or write Latendresse off. I may have poked fun at the armchair GM"s who think they know more than Holland and the scouting department, but tha'ts it.

And by the way, you've never answered my question, even though I've asked a couple times. You've said a few times that Abdelkader won't make the NHL or is a long shot, at best. What are you basing that on?