• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#21 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Road Warrior @ November 28, 2005 - 04:46PM)
Yeah, once Abdelkater realizes the famed norrisnick and his slappies at LGW thinks another player should’ve been drafted in his place, he’ll probably just quit the game.

Wow, full of yourself much?

Who said anything about LGW? More than just me and "my slappies" held that opinion.

peace

Posted Image

#22 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Road Warrior @ November 28, 2005 - 06:46PM)
QUOTE (norrisnick @ October 6, 2005 - 11:59PM)
I feel really bad for the kid because for the duration of his hockey career I'll be comparing him to the guy I, and many others, were hoping Holland would pick.

Yeah, once Abdelkater realizes the famed norrisnick and his slappies at LGW thinks another player should’ve been drafted in his place, he’ll probably just quit the game.

I don't think the kid will hear of NN -- he'll make a few million and have a nice life.

#23 Satrebil

Satrebil

Satrebil

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ November 25, 2005 - 04:59PM)
still would have taken oh what is his name....really awesome player the Habs got due to Holland not knowing how to draft. Shoot, he's hella good and nearly made the big league right out of the gate. Oh ya Guillaume Latendresse. What a joke. No offense to Abdelkader or anything but one cannot even compare the two.

It is not so relevant right now in comparing the two players. Neither of them are having any impact in the NHL right now.

Edited by Satrebil, 28 November 2005 - 06:37 PM.

#24 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ November 25, 2005 - 02:02PM)
Did he fight the guy, or was it just because of stickwork.... dry.gif

If I remember correctly, it was a hard check into the glass and the Cornell player's nose didn't agree with his cage...or something like that. It was a while ago.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#25 Hockey Master

Hockey Master

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ October 29, 2005 - 10:32PM)
QUOTE (norrisnick @ October 8, 2005 - 06:24PM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ October 8, 2005 - 05:08PM)
he wasn't ranked high by HF...but CSS had him 25th of North American skaters while Latendresse had moved UP to 52.

Less out of left field than Latendresse would have been based on those rankings, which are the primary ones used by NHL teams.

Kendall McArdle #7. wink.gif Dan Collins #24. I'm sure McGrath was ranked much higher than his draft position would indicate. Hudler as well.

peace

Hudler was ranked in the top ten...number one center in the draft.

Hudler was #3 European in the 2002 NHL Draft. I was there. In Toronto.

The Leafs seemed to complain that they took Matt Stajan at 60 instead of Hudler, who was taken 62nd.

Hudler: 12 GP, 1G, 2A, 3Pts., 10PIM
Stajan: 94, 18, 19, 37, 34.

I'll give Hudler some time for transition, but I think I still like Stajan.

#26 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ November 28, 2005 - 07:35PM)
QUOTE (Road Warrior @ November 28, 2005 - 04:46PM)

Who said anything about LGW? More than just me and "my slappies" held that opinion.

peace

Can I be a slappy too, Mommy? I'll be good and everything, even eat my broccoli, promise!

Anyway I'm reserving judgment on Abdelkader....few players make an impression as a freshman. Adjusting to college is a bigger challenge (taking classes and all....you're not focusing solely on hockey) than playing in juniors for the first time. Only the best of the best - the Dany Heatleys - are freshman stars.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#27 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:20 PM

I went to the Spartan game tonight, Abdelkader looked pretty good. He had a monster check on a BG player.

#28 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Hockey Master @ November 29, 2005 - 12:41AM)
The Leafs seemed to complain that they took Matt Stajan at 60 instead of Hudler, who was taken 62nd.

ya I would take Stajan over Hudler. But most of all if it was my call for the 2002 draft I would have traded up for Jim Slater. But you know what really gets me, our 4th round pick that year. Horrid. Staffan Kronwall hello people, didn't go until the 9th damn round.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#29 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:51 AM

And on a sidenote: Blunden is doing pretty good... rolleyes.gif
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#30 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Hockey Master @ November 28, 2005 - 11:41PM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ October 29, 2005 - 10:32PM)
QUOTE (norrisnick @ October 8, 2005 - 06:24PM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ October 8, 2005 - 05:08PM)
he wasn't ranked high by HF...but CSS had him 25th of North American skaters while Latendresse had moved UP to 52.

Less out of left field than Latendresse would have been based on those rankings, which are the primary ones used by NHL teams.

Kendall McArdle #7. wink.gif Dan Collins #24. I'm sure McGrath was ranked much higher than his draft position would indicate. Hudler as well.

peace

Hudler was ranked in the top ten...number one center in the draft.

Hudler was #3 European in the 2002 NHL Draft. I was there. In Toronto.

Hudler was taken 58th.

And Hudler has seen very little actual playing time in his NHL career, while Stajan has been given a chance on the thinner Maple Leafs.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#31 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

Good signs thumbup.gif

"Freshman Justin Abdelkader, who was selected by the Red Wings in the second-round of June's NHL Entry Draft, had his first multiple-point game (a goal and an assist) for the Spartans.

Abdelkader assisted on Tim Crowder's goal to give the Spartans a 1-0, first-period lead. He scored with 9:56 left in regulation to draw the Spartans even."

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#32 Bliz

Bliz

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

I watched that GLIAC game last night. Abdelkader looked pretty sharp most of the time. He skated hard and beat a tough goalie. Let's hope Abdelkader can keep it up.

MTU's goalie (Teslak, I think?) stole the show. Something like 57 saves on 60 shots.

#33 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Bliz @ December 30, 2005 - 04:53PM)
I watched that GLIAC game last night. Abdelkader looked pretty sharp most of the time. He skated hard and beat a tough goalie. Let's hope Abdelkader can keep it up.

MTU's goalie (Teslak, I think?) stole the show. Something like 57 saves on 60 shots.

Its the GLI, not GLIAC. The GLIAC is the conference GVSU, SVSU, etc is in wink.gif

I read someone 60 shots is a new GLI record.

#34 Bliz

Bliz

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, I know. It's a typo.

#35 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Bliz @ December 30, 2005 - 03:53PM)

Except Fretter(sp) made him look like a sieve with that move......and lets not forget the fact that he left half the net open right before he scored.
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#36 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (redwings1914 @ December 31, 2005 - 01:49AM)
Except Fretter(sp) made him look like a sieve with that move......and lets not forget the fact that he left half the net open right before he scored.

There was virtually no one making him work for that guy, no one challenged him either.
Moral victories are for losers.

#37 Bliz

Bliz

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, there was absolutely no coverage and Fretter made a great move to beat Teslak. Yes, MTU lost, but stopping 57 out of 60 is an awfully good performance by Teslak. Can you seriously knock a goalie for having a .950 save percentage in a game?

#38 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

speaking of prospects...anybody have any updates on how Latendresse is doing?
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#39 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:29 PM

Guillaume Latendresse:

2005-06 Drummondville Voltigeurs QMJHL 26 Games, 22-19-41, 57PIM

Right now he's on Canada's WJC team.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 31 December 2005 - 05:30 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#40 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:26 AM

"Hell of a player" would prolly be the right answer when commenting about Latendresse.