Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:28 PM

Just like its spelled

Ab, like the muscle.

Del, like the computer company

Ka, like in Katie bar the door hockey

Der, like the sound knuckle dragging Avs fans make.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#82 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:58 AM

Yeah, I see that now.. I didnt really take a good look at it.

Anyways, he scored two goals VS Michigan!
http://www.mlive.com..._11.html#201130

#83 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:33 PM

He also had an assist last night.

Good job by MSU smile.gif

#84 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:13 AM

Latendresse scored his first NHL goal last night, he also put up 5 shots, had 6 hits and was awarded the 1st Star. dry.gif

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#85 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ November 8, 2006 - 06:13AM) View Post
Latendresse scored his first NHL goal last night, he also put up 5 shots, had 6 hits and was awarded the 1st Star. dry.gif

And his stat line coming into the game was

13 GP, 0-0-0, 8 shots, and 23 hits.

You seem to be suggesting that the one game is indiciative of how he is going to play every night this season...I remind you he is still pretty raw and has a ways to go.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#86 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ November 8, 2006 - 09:57AM) View Post

And his stat line coming into the game was

13 GP, 0-0-0, 8 shots, and 23 hits.

Sure, that's a fair point. But I think for a teenager to register 5 shots and have 6 hits, plus a goal, is mighty impressive. Regardless of what he did or didn't achieve beforehand is not really an issue, this game is reflective of what he mighty be capable of.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#87 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ November 8, 2006 - 10:27AM) View Post

Sure, that's a fair point. But I think for a teenager to register 5 shots and have 6 hits, plus a goal, is mighty impressive. Regardless of what he did or didn't achieve beforehand is not really an issue, this game is reflective of what he mighty be capable of.

Alex Smart scored 3 goals in his first NHL game. That was no more a guarantee of his career potential than Latendresse's big game. Simply a showing of what could happen on a good night with a bit of luck and opportunity.

#88 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

His goal wasnt much of a goal, either.. More of a puck rolling out the back of the pads and him being the last to touch it.

#89 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

2 assists for Abdelkader last night in MSU's 6-0 win over Ferris. He's currently got 3 goals and 5 assists in 8 games. That ties him for 3rd in points on the team.

#90 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:44 PM

Ok - I'm starting to wish we drafted Latendresse now.. Last game he got two goals... Has 32 hits so far - Markov has 33(our leader in hits).

Edited by arin, 14 November 2006 - 04:46 PM.

#91 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(arin @ November 14, 2006 - 04:44PM) View Post

Ok - I'm starting to wish we drafted Latendresse now.. Last game he got two goals... Has 32 hits so far - Markov has 33(our leader in hits).

Join the club. cool.gif

#92 wingsfan28__

wingsfan28__

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

he got another goal tonight ,latendresse is all i hear about cause hes french hes everywhere , its actually pretty hilarious cause they think hes the next gretzky LOL

they were going nuts when he tapped in a puck inside an open net which was basically going in anyways and put pictures of him in a superman costume on tv's in the background in the after show and it was written his full name.... super guilliaume LMAO ................really pathetic

dont start overreacting now cause hes having a good week , hes gonna be ok in the nhl , nothing great all his scoring chances have been on the powerplay , he cant skate at all , super slow

i wont be crying about not drafting him thats for sure

#93 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

I'm sure Abdelkader will make it to the NHL, and I'm glad to see he's made progress this season, but the fact is, Latendresse is already an NHL contributor at the age of 19. And whether he pans out or not, Guillaume is a prototypical power-forward, and that's not really something the Wings have in full supply right now.

As wingsfan28__ noted above, Latendresse got another goal tonight, putting him at four goals and one assist. For those of you keeping track, that's more points than any rookie on our team.

Edited by J-Swift, 15 November 2006 - 10:47 PM.

#94 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(J-Swift @ November 15, 2006 - 10:44PM) View Post
I'm sure Abdelkader will make it to the NHL, and I'm glad to see he's made progress this season, but the fact is, Latendresse is already an NHL contributor at the age of 19. And whether he pans out or not, Guillaume is a prototypical power-forward, and that's not really something the Wings have in full supply right now.

As wingsfan28__ noted above, Latendresse got another goal tonight, putting him at four goals and one assist. For those of you keeping track, that's more points than any rookie on our team.

f*** that. I could do as well as Latendresse has done since being moved to a line with Koivu and Ryder. Play Hudler or Kopecky with Zetterberg and Datsyuk and see what happens.

#95 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:13 AM

so do we actually talk about abdelkader or is this topic just so we can lament not drafting "gui" cause i'd really like to hear how abdelkader is producing,.....not how another teams player is doing well on there power play.

Edited by theman19, 16 November 2006 - 03:20 AM.

#96 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(theman19 @ November 16, 2006 - 02:13AM) View Post

so do we actually talk about abdelkader or is this topic just so we can lament not drafting "gui" cause i'd really like to hear how abdelkader is producing,.....not how another teams player is doing well on there power play.

It's mostly for lamenting. After all, the majority of people on this site are clearly smarter than Ken Holland and the Wings scouts, and know for a fact that Latendresse will turn out better than Abdelkader. Never mind the fact that, I would bet no more than 10 people have actually seen Abdelkader play.

#97 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ November 15, 2006 - 11:49PM) View Post

f*** that. I could do as well as Latendresse has done since being moved to a line with Koivu and Ryder. Play Hudler or Kopecky with Zetterberg and Datsyuk and see what happens.

Please. Since Higgins' ankle injury, Latendresse has been scoring a point-per-game. In that same time, he's outscored Michael Ryder, and has kept pace with Saku Koivu. Furthermore, Latendresse's 4 goals would tie him for third on this team right now. Isn't everyone always talking about how all we need is another scoring winger?

And I really find it comical that you think it's a knock against Latendresse that the coaching staff trusts him enough to put him on a scoring line. He's only 19, and he's already locked up a spot on the team. The fact is, he's been a physical force all year, but only now is he starting to show his scoring touch.

QUOTE(theman19 @ November 16, 2006 - 03:13AM) View Post

.....not how another teams player is doing well on there power play.

Considering our recent play with the extra man, a guy like Latendresse wouldn't hurt, would it?

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ November 16, 2006 - 09:34AM) View Post

It's mostly for lamenting. After all, the majority of people on this site are clearly smarter than Ken Holland and the Wings scouts, and know for a fact that Latendresse will turn out better than Abdelkader. Never mind the fact that, I would bet no more than 10 people have actually seen Abdelkader play.

Ah yes, there's nothing quite like a thread without the old "everybody thinks they're smarter than Ken Holland comment". Come on. What fun is following a sports team if you're simply not allowed to question any moves they make?

As for Abdelkader, I hope he makes me feel like an idiot for ever wanting Latendresse, but the fact is, the Wings aren't going to get many oppurtunities to draft power-forward prospects like Guillaume. This is true when you consider the fact that Detroit not only finishes at the top of the standings every year, but also because the Wings have a tendency to trade their first rounder on an annual basis.

I personally have nothing against Justin Abdelkader. From everything I've read, he's a hard-working hockey player. I hope to see him continue to improve his physical game as well as his scoring touch. But until he makes it to the NHL and proves us wrong, the comparison between him and Latendresse is likely to stick.

Edited by J-Swift, 16 November 2006 - 03:29 PM.

#98 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(J-Swift @ November 15, 2006 - 11:44PM) View Post

Thats my whole point about Latendresse. He's in the NHL, he's able to do the job. He would have filled a pretty nice role thats been lackin in this organization for quite awhile now.

Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#99 Mighty Wings

Mighty Wings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

Maybe, we can actually get him in like 6 yrs when he becomes a FA. tongue.gif

#100 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:17 PM

GUY! GUY! GUY!

I was saying all this time that we should have him with that 2nd pick... But we really don't need this kind of players that some people are calling ''power forwards''... (sarcasm)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan