• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EddieHaskell

Brandon Sugden?

Rate this topic

I have a friend who lives in Syracuse and has VERY close connections with Columbus's AHL affiliate the Syracuse Crunch.

She swears that there was a reliable rumor in Syracuse that the Crunch's leading tough guy Brandon Sugden was going to be claimed off of waivers by Detroit.

But I told her, and I think I was right since he cleared waivers, that I couldn't see how the Wings could be seriously interested in him. With the way the rules are now being enforced to emphasize speed and skill and the de-emphasis on fighting... teams don't have room on the roster for whose only role is goon. I just couldn't see the Wings being interested in a guy who's only apparent skill is as an enforcer.

Going all the way back to when he was in Juniors in 95-96 the guy has 19 goals, 56 assists and 1,925 penalty minutes. That spells enforcer to me.

Hell... even Bob Probert could put the puck in the net and at times was a hell of a hockey player.

The only way I could see it making sense was if they wanted to toughen up the line up with the absence of Darren McCarty.

But still... the guy has to be able to play as well as fight.

Anybody else hear that rumor?

Comments?

Yeah, I know he was. And she's all excited becasue her Brannnnnnnnnndon is coming back to Syracuse.

Like I said, she has very close connections with the Syracuse Crunch.. close like... inside the arena close.

He has a two way contract, thus he can be sent down without waivers but they have to sign him to a one way next season or he will become waiver eligible. He would have been snagged by somebody if waived.

MMMMMMMMMMMm I am glad we got Brandon... YUMMY.. tongue.gif

as much as I would have loved to see him with the Red Wings.. I am glad we got him back.. blush.gif

where did you hear Detroit was going to acquire him? Or more like how?

MMMMMMMMMMMm I am glad we got Brandon... YUMMY.. tongue.gif

as much as I would have loved to see him with the Red Wings.. I am glad we got him back.. blush.gif

where did you hear Detroit was going to acquire him? Or more like how?

I live in Syracuse and my boyfriend works for the Crunch..alot of "rumor" Detroit was going to pick him up when he was on waivers..with McCarty being gone..he is a good enforcer..just needs to score a little bit more before NHL ready