• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TNBT

Hudler vs. Filppula

Rate this topic

actually mcgrath is quite a bit bigger than either zetterberg and filppula, but they do play a similar game, everybody says he has tons of potential.....i hope he lives up to it and really does become a top six nhl forward

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/Team.asp?Player=739

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/pros...ts/mcgrath.html

actually mcgrath is quite a bit bigger than either zetterberg and filppula, but they do play a similar game, everybody says he has tons of potential.....i hope he lives up to it and really does become a top six nhl forward

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/Team.asp?Player=739

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/pros...ts/mcgrath.html

Quite a bit? From my understanding they are all within the same 1" and 10lbs. GR has Valtteri listed at 5'11" 202lbs. And the Wings have Hank at 6' 180lbs (hockeydb has him at 190lb).

Same size and nearly same game, though I'd give the all-around defensive edge to Hank and Valtteri. McGrath is pretty one-way.

peace

norris what is your source of mcgrath being one way..... and mcgrath is very young and could hit a late growth spret and still will prolly fill out a little, but he is taller than filppula and will prolly way more than zetterberg if not just being bigger all together by growing a little

norris what is your source of mcgrath being one way..... and mcgrath is very young and could hit a late growth spret and still will prolly fill out a little, but he is taller than filppula and will prolly way more than zetterberg if not just being bigger all together by growing a little

Anything and everything I've ever read about the guy. He's an offensive player, period.

peace

McGrath can learn defense... and with Babcock, he better.

Hudler will be more of a poke-checker like Datsyuk who might come up with some great steals for us but is definitely not used on the penalty kill (which is fine).

I would love to see a Hudler/Fillpula/Grigorenko line. Man that could be one hell of a line... Grigorenko is a freakin' tank.

McGrath is and always will be a natural scorer first, but I think he can become a decent defensive player, especially with a coach like Babcock. Red Wings Central says that he is responsible in his own end, so it would appear that he at least KNOWS what is going on on the defensive end. Now he just has to work on doing something about it.

As for Hudler, I'm not expecting much from him as far as defense is concerned. I agree with your Datsyuk comparison. He will get a poke-check in there, but he will never be a positional defender or energy guy on the defensive end. I get the impression that every time he is in the defensive end, he is kind of waiting for the chance to get the puck and go back down the other end. I think that for him to have success, he will have to be paired with at least one good defensive player on his line.

The idea of a Hudler - Filppula - Grigorenko line would be fun to watch in the offensive zone, but I would hate to see it when we don't have the puck. Filppula is showing the makings of a solid two-way center, but the defensive reviews I have read for both Hudler and Grigorenko were less than encouraging. If Grigorenko continues to improve as he has been since his accident and can add something that faintly resembles a defensive game, then that line wouldn't look as bad in the defensive zone.

McGrath is and always will be a natural scorer first, but I think he can become a decent defensive player, especially with a coach like Babcock. Red Wings Central says that he is responsible in his own end, so it would appear that he at least KNOWS what is going on on the defensive end. Now he just has to work on doing something about it.

As for Hudler, I'm not expecting much from him as far as defense is concerned. I agree with your Datsyuk comparison. He will get a poke-check in there, but he will never be a positional defender or energy guy on the defensive end. I get the impression that every time he is in the defensive end, he is kind of waiting for the chance to get the puck and go back down the other end. I think that for him to have success, he will have to be paired with at least one good defensive player on his line.

The idea of a Hudler - Filppula - Grigorenko line would be fun to watch in the offensive zone, but I would hate to see it when we don't have the puck. Filppula is showing the makings of a solid two-way center, but the defensive reviews I have read for both Hudler and Grigorenko were less than encouraging. If Grigorenko continues to improve as he has been since his accident and can add something that faintly resembles a defensive game, then that line wouldn't look as bad in the defensive zone.

Grigorenko has a solid defensive game..shortly before the accident he greatly improved it, and upon coming back he worked itup even more as Lada was using him in a checking role almost exclusively. He has actually developed into quite the all-around player.

... In Grand Rapids, forward Jiri Hudler is off to a blazing start with the Griffins.

Hudler scored twice in a 3-1 victory over Hamilton Friday, giving Hudler five goals in three games (all Griffins victories) and eight points. No Griffins player has ever had more goals or points after three game

Courtesy of DetNews

McGrath is and always will be a natural scorer first, but I think he can become a decent defensive player, especially with a coach like Babcock.  Red Wings Central says that he is responsible in his own end, so it would appear that he at least KNOWS what is going on on the defensive end.  Now he just has to work on doing something about it.

As for Hudler, I'm not expecting much from him as far as defense is concerned.  I agree with your Datsyuk comparison.  He will get a poke-check in there, but he will never be a positional defender or energy guy on the defensive end.  I get the impression that every time he is in the defensive end, he is kind of waiting for the chance to get the puck and go back down the other end.  I think that for him to have success, he will have to be paired with at least one good defensive player on his line. 

The idea of a Hudler - Filppula - Grigorenko line would be fun to watch in the offensive zone, but I would hate to see it when we don't have the puck.  Filppula is showing the makings of a solid two-way center, but the defensive reviews I have read for both Hudler and Grigorenko were less than encouraging.  If Grigorenko continues to improve as he has been since his accident and can add something that faintly resembles a defensive game, then that line wouldn't look as bad in the defensive zone.

Grigorenko has a solid defensive game..shortly before the accident he greatly improved it, and upon coming back he worked itup even more as Lada was using him in a checking role almost exclusively. He has actually developed into quite the all-around player.

That's great to hear.

As far as I knew, Grigorenko was basically an offense-only player. If he has become a solid two-way player then I'm happy to hear it.