• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bonjo

Avalance and Redwings

Rate this topic

Will this rivalry still be heated  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This rivalry will be more tame than in the past. Guys like Foote, Forsberg, Lemieux and McCarty are gone, plus, this isn't a mash em and bash em NHL anymore. This league is about smarts now.

yes, there is still a rivalry between the teams. is it as heated....no. i live in colorado and i can tell you from personal experience that the rivalry is very much alive. my friendly challenge to any who doubt is to wear a wings jersey to an avs game...or in one case, grocery shopping....yes, i got those three words while picking out an onion.

-shanny

I think things will get heated again especially if we go after Hinote as payback for taking out Kronwell mad.gif

btw i still hate them even if Roy is not there anymore especially there announcers on Altitude!

Hockey fans never let any rivlary die. When was the last time Chicago or Toronto were truly competitive with us, yet we'd kill to meet Toronto in the SCF and it's still fun to abuse Chicago fans, even though it's starting to look like kicking a puppy.

As long as we're both top teams in the league (Or at least as long as one of us is a top team) there will always be a hatred amongst the two teams even if it's not felt on the ice it's felt in a majority of the fans.

Granted Vancouver is in many ways stealing the thunder from our rivalry if you ask me, though they've yet to really meet in the playoffs.

I'm with you. The natural passion will always be there. The absolute hatred I'm not so sure about. boxing.gif

There never was any "natural passion" in my view. Some expansion team moved to an expansion city doesn't really get it for me. Cheap shot here and there at best. ESPN had a blast with it I guess.....I'd rather watch the Wings play a number of other teams - reg season or otherwise.

aloha